Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 02-27-2009, 03:31 PM   #1
hoopaddict08
Decent college freshman

hoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Allen Iverson to the bench;Rip back in starting lineup

Quote:
“Pistons coach Michael Curry announced this morning that Rip Hamilton will be back in the starting lineup, playing alongside Rodney Stuckey, in an effort to jumpstart a team in the midst of an eight-game losing streak.

“It’s nothing on Allen,” Curry said. “He’s just a guy that needs the basketball and because of it that, it reduced the time Stuckey had the ball in his hands.”

Hamilton has been critical of late about Curry’s decision to make him the team’s sixth man. The Pistons have gone 4-12 since he was benched.”

http://www.freep.com/article/2009022...e+with+Pistons

This is either going to work, or turn into a bigger mess than it already is. Hopefully Stuckey can get back to what he was doing earlier this season, otherwise he is going to face some major criticism.
hoopaddict08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation
Default Re: Allen Iverson to the bench;Rip back in starting lineup

I dont know why AI is allowing to take this insults from pistons organization and fanbase just for money, I am highly disappointed at that. Buy out your contract for even one dollar..
Stuckey & Hamilton over AI, what a load of joke is this...
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:55 PM   #3
lilmarcgasol
Banned

lilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this board

good now the Pistons will start winning with an amazing huge backcourt of Stuckey and Hamilton, and AI nut huggers won't be able to say anything because it will be proof that AI was cancerous and a team killer.
lilmarcgasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:56 PM   #4
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Curry is a ****tard. Iverson/Rip is the only good combination for them yet he's in love with that Stuckey guy. Stuckey has a bright future but he's not better than Iverson or Rip right now so he shouldn't start.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:59 PM   #5
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

I hope AI is faking the injury, and he keeps faking it till the end of the year lol..

I dont want to see AI in pistons jersey ever again in my life
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:59 PM   #6
mattevans11
National High School Star

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti
I dont know why AI is allowing to take this insults from pistons organization and fanbase just for money, I am highly disappointed at that. Buy out your contract for even one dollar..
Stuckey & Hamilton over AI, what a load of joke is this...

This is actually a good idea, something is obviously not working for Detroit and they need a change. I think AI is much more help coming off the bench than RIP. AI does not need anyone else on the court to do his thing. He pretty much plays one-on-five anyway. The guy has taken so many shots in his career, he will be lucky if his arms don't fall off. He will get his with the second unit, then curry gets to call who finishes the games based on the play in that particular game.

While this trade has backfired for the pistons, they still have to do what is best for the organization. The best thing at this point is to have Stuckey running the point and hamilton at the two. This will get them more ready for next season. They will be able to sign some guys this summer, and i can ASSURE you that Dumars has seen enough of AI and wouldnt sign him for the veteran's minimum. I am sure that Dumars regrets letting billups for for "the answer"(who is actually the problem), but he will be able to start back at square one after sheed and "the problem" comes off the books.
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:01 PM   #7
JustinJDW

JustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this board

Nice move. Should have been done weeks ago. Iverson can't carry the offensive load anymore. It would just be better for him to come off the Bench as the 6th Man and put more pressure on their opponent with the Second Unit.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:01 PM   #8
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Should have been done a long time ago. Now watch iverson ***** and moan from the bench.

I should be a starter blah blah, everywhere I've played i've been a starter blah blah
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:03 PM   #9
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

You should probably blame Dumars since i'm pretty sure Stuckey is the reason they got rid of Chauncy. I agree Stuckey sucks and is highly overrated here. I still remember the threads here talking about Stuckey's greatness after he dropped some 30-pt night

Anyways Stuckey can't carry the team whatsoever if they want to pretend the fault was AI dominating the ball too much. He'll have like 1 good game out of 5 or some crap like that, and there will be some thread after that 1 game calling him GOAT here, bet
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:05 PM   #10
NYK-Bball
CATCH ME IN TRAFFIC

NYK-Bball has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
Curry is a ****tard. Iverson/Rip is the only good combination for them yet he's in love with that Stuckey guy. Stuckey has a bright future but he's not better than Iverson or Rip right now so he shouldn't start.

+1 Its like Stuckey is giving him BJ's wtf is wrong with him.
NYK-Bball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:07 PM   #11
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
You should probably blame Dumars since i'm pretty sure Stuckey is the reason they got rid of Chauncy. I agree Stuckey sucks and is highly overrated here. I still remember the threads here talking about Stuckey's greatness after he dropped some 30-pt night

Anyways Stuckey can't carry the team whatsoever if they want to pretend the fault was AI dominating the ball too much. He'll have like 1 good game out of 5 or some crap like that, and there will be some thread after that 1 game calling him GOAT here, bet
actually, chancy and his agent initiated the trade talks. they came to dumars and asked for him to look for a trade that chancy would like. they recognized that he and stuckey wouldnt coexist for too much longer. Do i think it was premature? Sure.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:08 PM   #12
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti
I hope AI is faking the injury, and he keeps faking it till the end of the year lol..

I dont want to see AI in pistons jersey ever again in my life
Dont you just hate douchey stans? So if AI averagesd 50pts/game but his team lost 70 games you'd be happy? hes gonna thrive in this role if he lets himself (and frankly he should be ready to assume this role for the rest of his career).
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:10 PM   #13
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They had to make changes to the lineup after all these losses, AI's fault or not.
I don't know what they expect from Stuckey though, who do they think he is?
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:12 PM   #14
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board

Rip should have never been sent to the bench
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:17 PM   #15
willds09
Banned

willds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

The pistons are going to get worse, very bad idea.
willds09 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: