Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 09-29-2006, 05:23 PM   #1
MFFL
I airball my layups

Default Kerr Ranks Mavs #1

Well, well, well....hell has frozen over. Former Spur Steve Kerr has voted Mavs the number one team to beat finally!! For the past couple of years, he has always voted the Spurs number one. Now he has woke up and smelled the coffee and has giving the Mavs the respect they deserve. Of course he's voted his beloved Spurs number 2. I think the Suns should have been #2.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 07:09 PM   #2
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Knowing Kerr he couldn't pick the Mavs outright. He probably flipped a coin and the Spurs still lost.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:37 AM   #3
Milkman

Yahoo sports prolly had to edit Kerr's article themselves to scape the spurs off top spot for the mavs.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:18 PM   #4
TDoug
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Smart vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL
Well, well, well....hell has frozen over. Former Spur Steve Kerr has voted Mavs the number one team to beat finally!! For the past couple of years, he has always voted the Spurs number one. Now he has woke up and smelled the coffee and has giving the Mavs the respect they deserve. Of course he's voted his beloved Spurs number 2. I think the Suns should have been #2.

The mavs beat the toughest teams in the League and then when they were on the verge of blowing out Miami the refs stepped in and created a no touch policy for Wade "making him unstoppable." Except in Japan. I don't think Duncan or Stoudamire can carry their teams past the mavs.
TDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:17 AM   #5
Slickshot
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL

I also think Mavs will be the team to beat, but i dun think Sun's should be #2. Yeah they do have a fast paced offense and a starting lineup that can all score, but when it comes down to it the Suns' can get it don't when it matters most.
Slickshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:50 AM   #6
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

As long as Timmy is in SA, it's tough to rate them any lower than #2. Even though they are rivals, I have the utmost respect for him and Pop. Plus I'm still not sold on the Suns in the post-season. Everyone is making a deal about WCF 2 years in a row. But if the seedings hadn't been messed up last year, they would've been out in the 2nd round.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:39 AM   #7
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

Default .

the mavs are the reigning western conference champions, and until someone beats them, they will remain #1...but dont get too comfy, we are coming back strong this year!

GO SPURS GO!
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:35 AM   #8
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

We might let you have the division again, just to be nice. But come the playoffs get used to what happened last year.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:05 PM   #9
SsKSpurs21

Default .

haha, we will see silent mav. our entire season depends on elson and butler. it also depends on the only issue that has screwed us the most over the years and thats health.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:06 PM   #10
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

The way we are sitting out guys in preseason, I hope health isn't one of those things we are fighting as well.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:56 PM   #11
SsKSpurs21

Default .

well last year yall had some health concerns but it all turned out well by playoff time. as long as yall are at full health by playoff time yall should be good...just hope there isnt another '03 western conference finals fiasco.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:38 PM   #12
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

I think the Spurs still would've won that series. But it would've been nice to see how the Mavs would've done with Dirk playing. It's some of those growing pains you need to go through to get to the next level.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:20 AM   #13
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
I hope health isn't one of those things we are fighting as well

get rid of Stack before his value bottoms out and injuries shouldnt be an issue.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:48 AM   #14
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

My opinion of Stack is much like your is about KVH. I really don't want to see him go unless it's an no-brainer improvement for the stretch run. I'll even go as far as saying I wouldn't mind resigning him for cheaper next year. He's the first guy to give this team some balls since NVE.

All hail Dirty Stack from the Dirty South.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: