Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 03-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
tgan3
Local High School Star

tgan3 has decent reputation
Default Would you rather have Allen Iverson or Stephon Marbury on your team right now?

To clarify things first, do not get me wrong. Im not putting down Allen Iverson or anything. Im his fan since the philly days.

However, Ive seen his immaturity and his "big ego" rubbing off bad against others. It is definetly not helping Detroit at all.

Before anytime this season I would have took Iverson without thinking at all. However, im very surprised that Marbury, the so called "cancer" and so called "guy with the superstar ego" managed to finally do something that Iverson would never wanted to. That is coming off the bench...

Look what he said:

Quote: I'm so happy to just be able to play basketball again. I don't care what my role is.

That is something that would never come out of Iverson's mouth. ( Iverson did say something like that before, wanting to "sacrifice", but as you know he's all words and no action. He did not want to be benched. )

Furthermore, my opinion is more justified with the fact that Iverson is more of a shooting guard then a point guard. This greatly disrupts the pistons offence. Sometimes, he tries to do 3 crossovers in one possession and try to get to the hoop, making other pistons stand there to watch him.

Yes agreed, he's one of the best scorer in history. However, age is catching up, his reflexes are a tad slower, he wasn't as athletic as before. This all shows in his offensive game. At this stage of life, a decisive controlled point guard who can create scoring opportunites for others is preferred.

I would rather a guy who is pass first like Marbury and is able to create for other teammates, rather then a point guard who can score a little more but does not control the flow of offense properly.

What do you guys think?
tgan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #2
A. Blackmon
Banned

A. Blackmon has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Would you rather have Allen Iverson or Stephon Marbury on your team right now?

If Iverson commits to coming off the bench, I'd rather have him.

Last edited by A. Blackmon : 03-01-2009 at 11:10 PM.
A. Blackmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:09 AM   #3
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation
Default Re: Would you rather have Allen Iverson or Stephon Marbury on your team right now?

the pistons didnt utilize AI, kept throwing the ball to him all year into one side of the court turning him into straight jumpshooter. AI likes to recieve the ball at the top of the key, which gives him many options ( drive, shoot and so on)..

Now after not utilizing him, which is obvious from his statistics( 17.9 ppg).. they make it look like his style doesnt win..

I hope AI doesnt bother attending practice, this is direct insult to him IMO..

I dont want to see AI playing basketball if it will be in pistons jersey
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:36 AM   #4
A. Blackmon
Banned

A. Blackmon has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti
the pistons didnt utilize AI, kept throwing the ball to him all year into one side of the court turning him into straight jumpshooter. AI likes to recieve the ball at the top of the key, which gives him many options ( drive, shoot and so on)..

Now after not utilizing him, which is obvious from his statistics( 17.9 ppg).. they make it look like his style doesnt win..

Whatever, Iverson didn't utilized the Pistons. When he first came to Detroit he was so excited to be playing on the best "team" he's ever been on.

But as soon as he got on the court it was back to the same old A. I., dribbling back and forth, dominating the ball, and totally leaving his teammates out of the equation.

I hate to say it because he has been one of my favorite players for a long time but, if Iverson does not accept his role as a sixth man, he should ( and probably will) go down as one of the most selfish players to ever play the game.

Thats my word!
A. Blackmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:31 PM   #5
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow.

Real talk? AI or Steph.. C'mon now..

I think it has a LOT to do with the coach more than anything
MJ(Mean John) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #6
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti

you are such a douche. maybe one day you will recognize that bball isnt about one guy getting baskets.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:03 PM   #7
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

I would want neither on my team.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:01 AM   #8
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd rather have the guy who accepts his role and comes off the bench for 20 minutes per game. Marbury isn't in game shape yet. He will be though. I think he's had less of an ego that Iverson for quite some time now. He took a lot of scrutiny in NY for being paid what the Knicks gave him. He wasn't a cancer. He was a guy who made a lot of money and the Knicks didn't want to pay him that money.

Besides that Marbury is a bit bigger than AI and he doesn't mind running the point. AI is one of the smallest people in the NBA and yet he refuses to play PG and be a team player. I'm not saying Marbury is a premier defender but he can match up better than AI on that side of the court.

I'm not saying Marbury is necessarily a better player than AI. I just think he's a better fit for the role that we need filled. In the end, we are better off without either. We still need a center!
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: