Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 03-04-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Iverson out 2 more weeks

The Detroit Pistons announced today that guard Allen Iverson will miss the next two weeks due to a sore back at the request of doctors at Georgetown University. Iverson’s condition was evaluated at Georgetown today and it was recommended that he suspend basketball related activities for two weeks.

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=3700
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #2
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Iverson out 2 more weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
The Detroit Pistons announced today that guard Allen Iverson will miss the next two weeks due to a sore back at the request of doctors at Georgetown University. Iverson’s condition was evaluated at Georgetown today and it was recommended that he suspend basketball related activities for two weeks.

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=3700

This will be interesting to see how the Pistons do. They'll be in a hard spot if while he's out they have a pretty good record, then when he comes back and plays if they're record falls yet again before the playoffs. Becuase then you ask yourself, "Do we use Iverson in the playoffs even though seemingly the team plays worse when he's on the floor, or just go with the flow and just play through it?" I'm sure we'll have a lot of The Canswer threads. I'm sure a lot of Pistons fans are greatful he's out a least two weeks.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
willds09
Banned

willds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

All I gotta say to the iverson haters, be careful what u whish for.
willds09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:54 PM   #4
YoungRich
Banned

YoungRich has decent reputation

iverson to the twolves = plyoffs
YoungRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:06 PM   #5
Vancouver-Grizz
Where is MOTEN???

Vancouver-Grizz has no real reputation yet.

Good thing I dropped him on my pool for Conley
Vancouver-Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:09 PM   #6
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Fine by me as long as he's back by April 8th. I bought tickets for the Knicks-Pistons game to take my younger brother, he's a huge Iverson fan and has never been to an NBA game before, would hate to have to tell him Iverson isnt even playing.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:09 PM   #7
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

The old A.I. would've been back. He's in no rush because he knows he'll be coming off the bench.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:15 PM   #8
crounsa810
National High School Star

crounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
The old A.I. would've been back. He's in no rush because he knows he'll be coming off the bench.
Exactly. I wish it wasn't this way, but my gut tells me that's what it is.
crounsa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:23 PM   #9
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

Pistons may never lose again
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:35 PM   #10
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
pretty sorry if thats the case. we're talking bout substituting! Anyways, I dont think Ill miss him much given hwo well they are playing without him. I would like to see afflalo get some more mins, but it seems like they want to give them to herrmann. That was an insane lineup against boston, with Herrmann and prince as the wings.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:37 PM   #11
mattevans11
National High School Star

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungRich
iverson to the twolves = plyoffs

you mean for if he gets shipped, the pistons will be in the playoffs?

or

minnesota to the playoffs?
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:39 PM   #12
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

So the Pistons can win more games now...
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:14 PM   #13
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way

There goes our shot at the 5th seed...

Damn.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #14
hoopaddict08
Decent college freshman

hoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected poster

Pistons staff says he's fine, Iversons doctor says he will be out two weeks. Interesting....
hoopaddict08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:17 AM   #15
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by willds09
All I gotta say to the iverson haters, be careful what u whish for.

Can you elaborate on that?
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: