Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 03-07-2009, 04:56 AM   #1
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Cavs are done. You heard it here first.

Cavs are done. They're not winning a title this year. Not unless by some miracle they can learn to run the offense, or Lebron can pull something out of his ass like he did against Detroit a few years back.

Mike Brown has been exposed this season. He's incapable of making decisions against the tough teams... Orlando... LA Lakers... Boston Celtics (WITHOUT KG EVEN!) The Rockets.. every big team we've played, he's failed to make adjustments properly, and even more poignant, he's failed to make the players run their offense.

You can't run Lebron at a team for 35-40 minutes a night. You can't allow defenses to key on him all night long. Part of it is Lebron's inability to recognize what's going on and continue to force things instead of running the offense. But mostly that's because he's had poor teachers.

A post player wouldn't have fixed this. Another guy that could setup plays and create their own shots and handle the ball? That would have made us a better team.

Anyways, unless I see some changes out there, I say they're pretty much done. You can't expect Lebron to have nights like he did against Miami night in and night out to win ball games.

They have to play better team ball.

This is not me with an agenda. The evidence is all there.

EDIT: Oh, btw. You guys still think an offensive post player is more of an asset after watching Boston score 32 points in the paint in the first half last night with Wallace out of the lineup? You're out of your f*cking mind.

Mathius

Last edited by Mathius : 03-07-2009 at 05:04 AM.
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:33 AM   #2
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Cavs are done. You heard it here first.

If that's the way you feel, you shouldn't even post here anymore as a fan if you're going to go into pissed-panic mode because they lost a game against a Garnett-less Celtics team when the Celtics lost a game themselves in Cleveland with Big Z out.

Last edited by Meticode : 03-07-2009 at 05:35 AM.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:18 AM   #3
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
If that's the way you feel, you shouldn't even post here anymore as a fan if you're going to go into pissed-panic mode because they lost a game against a Garnett-less Celtics team when the Celtics lost a game themselves in Cleveland with Big Z out.

Yeah, now I'm not a fan because I see that they're gonna lose? Go f*ck yourself. I'm a realist. I'm not gonna f*cking pretend.

It has nothing to do with losing one game against the Celtics. It has to do with their poor performance against ALL the better teams, and their complete lack of adjustments when they're in trouble, and their complete lack of willingess to run their offense instead of playing Lebron isolation for 40 minutes.

Of course you'd know all this if you could read and understand what I said above. But you're just stupid no-IQ fanboy retard who doesn't get it.

Mathius
Old 03-07-2009, 06:46 AM   #4
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Yeah, now I'm not a fan because I see that they're gonna lose? Go f*ck yourself. I'm a realist. I'm not gonna f*cking pretend.

How can you be real about something that hasn't even occurred yet? We've been a top three team all year and we're going to lose because you know that for a fact? Congratulations, you're the need Madam Cleo.

Quote:
It has nothing to do with losing one game against the Celtics. It has to do with their poor performance against ALL the better teams, and their complete lack of adjustments when they're in trouble, and their complete lack of willingess to run their offense instead of playing Lebron isolation for 40 minutes.

They have a winning record against teams over .500. That's not poor if they have a winning record.

Quote:
Of course you'd know all this if you could read and understand what I said above. But you're just stupid no-IQ fanboy retard who doesn't get it.

Oh look another insult at the end of your post. How original.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:30 AM   #5
GreatGreg
College star

GreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You guys lose 1 game to the Celtics and already you've given up on hope?
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:37 PM   #6
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Cavs are done. They're not winning a title this year. Not unless by some miracle they can learn to run the offense, or Lebron can pull something out of his ass like he did against Detroit a few years back.

Mike Brown has been exposed this season. He's incapable of making decisions against the tough teams... Orlando... LA Lakers... Boston Celtics (WITHOUT KG EVEN!) The Rockets.. every big team we've played, he's failed to make adjustments properly, and even more poignant, he's failed to make the players run their offense.

You can't run Lebron at a team for 35-40 minutes a night. You can't allow defenses to key on him all night long. Part of it is Lebron's inability to recognize what's going on and continue to force things instead of running the offense. But mostly that's because he's had poor teachers.

A post player wouldn't have fixed this. Another guy that could setup plays and create their own shots and handle the ball? That would have made us a better team.

Anyways, unless I see some changes out there, I say they're pretty much done. You can't expect Lebron to have nights like he did against Miami night in and night out to win ball games.

They have to play better team ball.

This is not me with an agenda. The evidence is all there.

EDIT: Oh, btw. You guys still think an offensive post player is more of an asset after watching Boston score 32 points in the paint in the first half last night with Wallace out of the lineup? You're out of your f*cking mind.

Mathius
Those 7 letters explain it all
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:46 PM   #7
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGreg
You guys lose 1 game to the Celtics and already you've given up on hope?

Hope is for dumbasses. Besides, if you bothered to actually READ the post, you'd see it isn't about one game.

Mathius
Old 03-07-2009, 03:54 PM   #8
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I guess the only thing to keep in mind is, a few years ago, Detroit dominated us during the regular season, but we turned the tables on them once the postseason rolled around.

I agree with Mathius. I mean, yeah, maybe things will change once the postseason roll around. We don't have many weaknesses, but they are very glaring.

I guess we have to hope that our strengths are a lot greater than the strengths of whomever we face. I remember LeBron, and how he took over that game 5 in Detroit. I think he has a few performances like that in him this postseason. However, we can't sit back and hope for that on a nightly basis.

Specifically, I'd like to see Mike Brown hold guys accountable for their struggles. Certain guys are guaranteed their 15-20 minutes a night REGARDLESS of how they are playing.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:10 PM   #9
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Hope is for dumbasses. Besides, if you bothered to actually READ the post, you'd see it isn't about one game.

Mathius

It's not about one game, but you magically made this thread after we lose to a Garnett-less Celtics team. This one game triggered this thread. If they won this game you wouldn't of posted this thread in the first place. So don't give us it's not about one game analogy.

Last edited by Meticode : 03-07-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:11 PM   #10
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I guess the only thing to keep in mind is, a few years ago, Detroit dominated us during the regular season, but we turned the tables on them once the postseason rolled around.

I agree with Mathius. I mean, yeah, maybe things will change once the postseason roll around. We don't have many weaknesses, but they are very glaring.

I guess we have to hope that our strengths are a lot greater than the strengths of whomever we face. I remember LeBron, and how he took over that game 5 in Detroit. I think he has a few performances like that in him this postseason. However, we can't sit back and hope for that on a nightly basis.

Specifically, I'd like to see Mike Brown hold guys accountable for their struggles. Certain guys are guaranteed their 15-20 minutes a night REGARDLESS of how they are playing.

Two words...Daniel Gibson. Sorry 1~Gibson~1, I gave Gibson in my mind more time to come out of his slump than most Cavs fan have done and I got ripped for it more times than not. It's obvious Kinsey should get his minutes if Williams or West is playing the point.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:56 PM   #11
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

Quote:
Congratulations, you're the need Madam Cleo.

It's Miss Cleo, punk.

I'm going to have to somewhat agree with Mathius here because, well... it's true. Last night was an awful game though.. I mean, when it starts off with LeBron missing a dunk and scoring what, seven points in the first half? You know it's gonna be a long night. But for the cavs to give up so many points in the paint to a Garnett-less Boston Squad from bums like Powe and Perkins is inexcusable. Hopefully we will get Wallace back for the playoffs for better paint defense but if not we might be done and out because we'll probably end up more likely playing Orlando before Boston and we all know Dwight Howard is a little mediocre.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:28 AM   #12
Mathius

Quote:
It's not about one game, but you magically made this thread after we lose to a Garnett-less Celtics team. This one game triggered this thread. If they won this game you wouldn't of posted this thread in the first place. So don't give us it's not about one game analogy.

You're right if they had won last night I probably wouldn't have made this thread, but they didn't. They got beaten by a Celtics team that didn't even have KG, a former MVP.

They've consistently not shown up in big games, Mike Brown consistently gets exposed in big games, and they haven't run their offense properly since Z went down hurt way back in like the 30th game of the year.

The Lakers twice, the Celtics twice, Orlando, Houston. Last night was just the icing on the cake.

You want to f*cking ignore it and pretend it isn't happening, be my f*cking guest. When you post nonsense 85% of the time you've got nothing to lose anyways, right?

But facts are facts. Unless by some miracle they start running their offense again, they're done. Period. And even if they do, they have a huge coaching obstacle to overcome if they expect to beat Boston or LA.

Mathius
Old 03-08-2009, 03:07 AM   #13
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
You're right if they had won last night I probably wouldn't have made this thread, but they didn't. They got beaten by a Celtics team that didn't even have KG, a former MVP.

They've consistently not shown up in big games, Mike Brown consistently gets exposed in big games, and they haven't run their offense properly since Z went down hurt way back in like the 30th game of the year.

All you can do is mention the games where they lost and not the ones where they beat important teams.

The Lakers twice, the Celtics twice, Orlando, Houston. Last night was just the icing on the cake.

You want to f*cking ignore it and pretend it isn't happening, be my f*cking guest. When you post nonsense 85% of the time you've got nothing to lose anyways, right?

But facts are facts. Unless by some miracle they start running their offense again, they're done. Period. And even if they do, they have a huge coaching obstacle to overcome if they expect to beat Boston or LA.

Mathius

If you believe they're done what's the sense in arguing? What a great fan you are. Just cash in your chips and you're done. Go whine somewhere else.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:16 AM   #14
Mathius

Quote:
If you believe they're done what's the sense in arguing? What a great fan you are. Just cash in your chips and you're done. Go whine somewhere else.

That kind of attitude is why you'll forever be an ignorant, dumb, fanboy. A real fan can admit that their team isn't good enough and yet still support them. An idiot fanboy just sits back and hopes, and defends their team to the death, calling them "contenders".

Contender is a nice way of saying "Not good enough."

Mathius
Old 03-08-2009, 09:22 AM   #15
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
That kind of attitude is why you'll forever be an ignorant, dumb, fanboy. A real fan can admit that their team isn't good enough and yet still support them. An idiot fanboy just sits back and hopes, and defends their team to the death, calling them "contenders".

Contender is a nice way of saying "Not good enough."

Mathius
how is #1 in the east not good enough?
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: