Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 03-09-2009, 05:37 PM   #1
catsandheels
I brick open layups

catsandheels has an OK reputation so far
Default Eddy Curry

i read that knicks are lookin to release or trade eddy curry after this season. Is there any way or reason that bobcats would get him?
catsandheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:13 PM   #2
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Eddy Curry

Definately not.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:16 PM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

If they released him now, I don't see why we couldn't give him vet minimum for the rest of the year or something....naah.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:29 AM   #4
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why would we want another Sean May?
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:39 AM   #5
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

But this version actually plays.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:23 PM   #6
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

Curry has way too much baggage. Didnt he get sued for sexual harassment from another guy?
Old 03-11-2009, 05:33 PM   #7
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Sexual harassment accusation

On January 12, 2009, Curry was sued by his former chauffeur, David Kuchinsky. Kuchinsky accused Curry of trying to solicit gay sex from him. According to court papers, Curry repeatedly approached Kuchinsky "in the nude," saying, "Look at me, Dave, look" and, "Come and touch it, Dave." The Manhattan federal court suit also stated that Curry made Kuchinsky perform "humiliating tasks outside the scope of his employment, such as cleaning up and removing dirty towels [into which Curry had ejaculated] so that his wife would not see them." Kuchinsky also said Curry called him racial slurs, including "f- - - ing Jew," "cracker," "white slave," "white devil" and "grandmaster of the KKK."

According to the New York Post, Curry, said he was "shocked" at the allegations. "It's false, and everyone who knows me knows I'm not a racist," he said Jan. 12 after the Knicks beat the Hornets 101-95 in New Orleans. "I've never made a comment like that, playing, or nothing. ... That's incredible, man." Kuchinsky worked for Curry from October 2005 through October 2008 and was hired as a 24/7 chauffeur, living in the basement of Curry's Chicago mansion. Shortly after starting work, Kuchinsky "progressively became Curry's 'house-boy,'" the former chauffeur's suit says. Kuchinsky claimed he was owed $68,000 in unpaid wages, as well as $25,000 in expenses for which Curry never repaid him. Those expenses, he said, included cellphones that Curry had him buy as gifts and hotel and club bills. Kuchinsky is also a convicted felon who served a three-year prison sentence for a 1992 burglary in New Jersey. He also got three years' probation in a 2004 resisting-arrest case in New Jersey.[6]

dunno if it's true or not but that's pretty ****ed
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:42 PM   #8
liverpooty
Local High School Star

Id say its probably not true, but if he were to sign with Charlotte, and It was true with all of us being smack dab right in the middle of the Bible belt their would be a HUGE backlash for the organization.

Better safe than sorry.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:56 PM   #9
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Would churches really boycott the franchise if we signed a certain player? I mean don't get me wrong, I went to a church-based school that was the king of stupid backlashings, but I couldn't actually see them doing it to an NBA franchise. But hey, I've been proven wrong before.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:14 PM   #10
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation

If we can send Mohammed away, why not?
Say we pick up qualifying offer of May, plus Mohammed.
This should balance out the salaries from both sides.
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:23 PM   #11
liverpooty
Local High School Star

I dont think a majority of people would boycott Bobcat games, but I do believe there would be a public outcry if a player of any of the major sports came out of the closet and said they were homosexual or even bisexual. I dont really care if anyone was homosexual or not, but some people would.

I highly doubt Curry is gay, but another guy filing a sexual harassment suit against him doesnt exactly make him look too straight, either.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:33 PM   #12
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Yeah you're right. I remember a couple of years ago when Terrell Owens was still a member of the Eagles and he accused Jeff Garcia (teammate of his in both Philly and San Francisco) of being gay. I don't remember if Garcia was actually gay or not, but I do remember ESPN making a deal about it.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:30 PM   #13
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Okay, it is generally agreed that 10% of the general population is gay. Any survey of current professional atheletes always reveals that 0% of them are gay. hmmm... someone is lying here folks.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:36 PM   #14
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

It may be generally agreed, but that statistic is wrong. Just like the stat that 50% of marriages end in divorce.

The way they got the 10% stat is through census data. They took same-sex households and automatically assumed they were gay to possibly make up for people who were either still in the closet or chose not to label themselves that way. But we know that same-sex household can just be two totally straight college kids sharing an apartment. The most accurate percentage I've seen is closer to 4-5%. Of course, it seems much larger than that because of media pro-gay bias.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:50 AM   #15
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
... media pro-gay bias.

What are you talking about.......
Well, maybe I really don't want to know.

Last edited by onewickedlady : 03-12-2009 at 12:57 AM.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: