Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-10-2009, 01:19 PM   #1
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Default Should we re-sign Joey Graham?

We have his Bird rights and he could be a decent bench player for us next season. How many of you want him sent packing? At what price do the others think will be appropriate to keep him?

I for one wouldn't mind keeping him for the right price (3M p/season). That's a very decent price for a bench player and he does give some toughness, athleticism and a little bit of scoring with 8ppg. If he wants more than 3M I probably would look elsewhere. Although depth has been an issue for the team and I think retaining all of our pieces would be the best option for next season.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:20 PM   #2
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Default Re: Should we re-sign Joey Graham?

http://www.thestar.com/article/599374
Old 03-10-2009, 02:00 PM   #3
RapsFan
Great college starter

[quote=Toni]We have his Bird rights and he could be a decent bench player for us next season. How many of you want him sent packing? At what price do the others think will be appropriate to keep him?

I for one wouldn't mind keeping him for the right price (3M p/season). That's a very decent price for a bench player and he does give some toughness, athleticism and a little bit of scoring with 8ppg. If he wants more than 3M I probably would look elsewhere. Although depth has been an issue for the team and I think retaining all of our pieces would be the best option for next season.[/QUOTE]

This team sucks...why would we want to keep all the pieces of a bad team?

No I don't want Graham. I don't want marginal players that will eat up what little cap space we have to actually attract a quality SG in the offseason.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:29 PM   #4
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
This team sucks...why would we want to keep all the pieces of a bad team?

No I don't want Graham. I don't want marginal players that will eat up what little cap space we have to actually attract a quality SG in the offseason.

Graham has played fairly well this season and is not the reason why this team is not succeeding. He will be a decent depth player in this league and will be affordable. If we re-sign Marion, Delfino and Parker we won't have enough to attract a 'quality' SG. Since we have Graham's Bird rights I wouldn't be opposed to re-signing him because we won't pay tax on his salary and he can offer another versatile player off the bench.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:40 PM   #5
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

It'd be a gamble but I'd re-sign him to a small deal and have him come off the bench. Though, if he plays like he did LAST season, it would be a horrible signing.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:57 PM   #6
Beebo
Good college starter

I like what Joey brings...he plays hard and he's easily our most aggresive and physical player. I would like to keep him but lets hope he doesnt get overpaid....
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:02 PM   #7
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

Well if Marion is re-upped this offseason, you might as well. No room left to make any more significant signings IIRC and 3 million is good value for a bench player. The contracts of Banks and Kapono are what's killing the team, not Graham's potential salary.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:34 PM   #8
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
We have his Bird rights and he could be a decent bench player for us next season. How many of you want him sent packing? At what price do the others think will be appropriate to keep him?

I for one wouldn't mind keeping him for the right price (3M p/season). That's a very decent price for a bench player and he does give some toughness, athleticism and a little bit of scoring with 8ppg. If he wants more than 3M I probably would look elsewhere. Although depth has been an issue for the team and I think retaining all of our pieces would be the best option for next season.

I say hell no we don't need him he only plays well for the couple of months before each free agent season! It's already past the time where he should be consistant, let him go to another team and find his way to being consistant. We need to have more players who can bring it every night we already have an inconsistant back court why hold on to him?

there is no need to sign a bench player who sometimes plays good.
'
Also we have to find some way of trading Hump Banks & Kapono...or 2 of the 3! If we were to traded them we won't even be talking about Graham.

Last edited by HalphbreedBaller : 03-10-2009 at 04:38 PM.
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:36 PM   #9
SESSEL15
High School Starter

When did Grham warrant 3 million a year? He just started playing ok the second half of the season. He is still as retarded as he used to be..for those who watched the Utah game, I'm sure you agree. If Graham gets 3 million, Marion should get 12 million. Sign him to 4.5 million for 3 years..if he doesn't like it...well who cares
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:40 PM   #10
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESSEL15
When did Grham warrant 3 million a year? He just started playing ok the second half of the season. He is still as retarded as he used to be..for those who watched the Utah game, I'm sure you agree. If Graham gets 3 million, Marion should get 12 million. Sign him to 4.5 million for 3 years..if he doesn't like it...well who cares

I'd say sign him for less than that but thats just me he really has done nothing for this team I wish we had Granger we would have a lot of problems solved!
Old 03-10-2009, 04:46 PM   #11
SESSEL15
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller
I'd say sign him for less than that but thats just me he really has done nothing for this team I wish we had Granger we would have a lot of problems solved!

Ya for sure man. No team is gonna throw any money at him. I don't get how Toni thinks he deserves 3 million a year. Thats crazy. Almost as crazy as Kapono that son of a *****.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:56 PM   #12
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Ya for sure man. No team is gonna throw any money at him. I don't get how Toni thinks he deserves 3 million a year. Thats crazy. Almost as crazy as Kapono that son of a *****.

Alright a little bit less. That's still pretty cheap for a bench role player.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:51 PM   #13
SESSEL15
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Alright a little bit less. That's still pretty cheap for a bench role player.

Come on Toni, you gotta budge, lol. Hes a bench role player on a horrible team. Anything above 2 mill is a nono
Old 03-10-2009, 06:25 PM   #14
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Come on Toni, you gotta budge, lol. Hes a bench role player on a horrible team. Anything above 2 mill is a nono

okok a lot less than that .. It's just that if we re-sign Marion we won't have enough money to sign another player so I think we're going to be stuck re-signing Graham because of his Bird rights. We will then be overpaying him at 3 million a season (Still cheap for a bench player). It's not that I want that to happen but it probably will don't you think?
Old 03-10-2009, 06:41 PM   #15
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

Quote:

Yah man Joey is not a better player than AP at this point so why would we pay him more than AP?

Although I would have to say he is better than Kapono...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: