Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-10-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default New Simpsons Intro

Am i the only one that didn't know they had a new intro? I mean its basically the same they just updated it to have newer characters and everything, but still interesting that they'd change it after 20 years.

It's honestly not bad at all. Just a little different

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZGz1Ajg7QU
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:53 PM   #2
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: New Simpsons Intro

Lame

Does anybody over 16 still tune in every Sunday night for the recycled crap they're putting out? The last one I watched was with Marc Cuban, only because it had something to do with basketball, and I didn't even crack a smile. As hard as it is to imagine (considering how bad it was a few years ago), it's still progressively getting worse.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:56 PM   #3
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

last time i watched it on a sunday was probably about 2-3 years ago. I honestly think their downfall is that they're trying to keep up with Family Guy's randomness/joke-a-minute/pop-culture references style and its takin away from the actual storylines that made it so good
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:56 PM   #4
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Show stopped being good after season 7 really.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:59 PM   #5
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
last time i watched it on a sunday was probably about 2-3 years ago. I honestly think their downfall is that they're trying to keep up with Family Guy's randomness/joke-a-minute/pop-culture references style and its takin away from the actual storylines that made it so good

Downfall was when Conan stopped writing for the show.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:02 PM   #6
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

IMO, seasons 3-8/9 were the best seasons. the humor was amazing, and within each show, there were usually a couple of funny storylines going on at once. I haven't kept up with it in recent years, but it seemed like the newer episodes only had one thing going on.

What season are they up to now on DVD? I have up through season 9, but haven't gotten any new ones in awhile.

The intro is cool. LOL at poor mole man popping up from the sewer and nearly getting hit by a car.

Crazy to believe that the show is still going. To put it into perspective how old it is, it debuted 2 years before Fresh Price of Bel Air did, and is still going strong (sorta).
mlh1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:03 PM   #7
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They should have let Homer get hit by the car starting from the first season.

Personally, I think the staff is trying too much for the intro.
Killbot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:05 PM   #8
halffttime
shorty doowop

halffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation here

i was flipping the channel last sunday and did notice it.. was that the first time?
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:08 PM   #9
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by halffttime
i was flipping the channel last sunday and did notice it.. was that the first time?

According to the date, February 13, 2009.
Killbot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:18 PM   #10
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Simpsons are running off reputation now. They have done so many storylines that its near impossible to keep it at a high level. I commend them for lasting so long, longest cartoon by far. And longest sitcom i believe. They dont feel the need to put forth the best storylines. They make bank living off what it once was and people still tune in bc of that
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:32 PM   #11
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I was just wondering about the originality of the Simpsons, I mean by about season 10 they pretty much tried to pull everything out of the bag, from Homer going into space to Homer winning an Emmy to god knows what crazy stuff he's been up to (oh yeah being sent to be a missionary) and another 10 years later they are still on. I really want a GOOD storyline, where everything links up from top to bottom. I think my favourite episode is when Homer explains why there are no pictures of Maggie in the album.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:44 PM   #12
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I think my favourite episode is when Homer explains why there are no pictures of Maggie in the album.
That was a good episode actually. It wrapped up all cute-like at the end. lol

I've seen the Hank Scorpio episode probably half a dozen times in the past few months, and I'm thinking it's up near the top of the list for me. Prime Simpsons right there, with a solid storyline to boot.

Quote:
UN guy 1: oh my god, the 59th street bride
UN guy 2: maybe it just collapsed on its own
UN guy 1: we can't take that chance
UN guy 2: you always say that. i want to take a chance

GOAT character

"ever see a man say goodbye to a shoe?!?"
"yes, once"
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:57 PM   #13
ryantheporchkid
No Pun Intended

ryantheporchkid has decent reputation

The last good episode was when Lisa ran for president back in 2004 I think. In fact that was probably a top 15 Simpsons episode.
ryantheporchkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:27 PM   #14
hayden695
NBA lottery pick

hayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i still like the show
i know the storylines arent as good as before but when i watch tv i look to laugh at jokes and stuff. if i want to see a good storyline ill rent a serious movie.
i know ill probably get flamed for this but really i dont care if they have a ****ty story i just find the jokes hilarious

last episode bart wrote "march madness is not an excuse to miss school" lol
hayden695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:30 PM   #15
Sanity
I know from experience

Sanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Downfall was when Conan stopped writing for the show.

Exactly
Sanity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: