Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 03-11-2009, 08:10 PM   #1
Maniak
TJ Warren

Default This era's over, Suns fans...

Link

Quote:
There is a serious conflict on Planet Orange, a clashing of heart and mind.

With every victory, the Suns crawl deeper into delusion. With every defeat, the Suns move closer to the truth.

So swallow hard, say goodbye and accept that a 122-117 home loss to the Mavericks on Tuesday night closed the book on a season and memorable era of basketball.

It's over. It hurts. It's for the best.

Do you agree with these comments? Is it rebuilding mode? If so, what do you want to see happen?

Quote:
Sorry. At some point, we all have to let go. After a long, winding, exhilarating, infuriating journey, that time is now.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:44 PM   #2
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

Default Re: This era's over, Suns fans...

To me, letting Mike D'antoni walk was the beginning of the end. That man's coaching was underrated, and although there were obviously some deficiencies, I believe that last year, they might have been on the brink of something special, even with Shaq. The problem is that when Steve Kerr came in, he tried to be mr. Fix it. What he didn't realize was that adding a piece or two doesn't make this a half court team. In fact, bringing in more half court players and a non-run and gun coach (Porter) actually rendered a lot of our players ineffective. I completely agree that this era is over, and it's sad to see it end this way.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:15 PM   #4
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Should've hired Avery as your coach at the beginning of the year.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:19 AM   #5
big baller
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

I always liked the suns..
big baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:58 PM   #6
Lucid
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Whether people knew it or not, the era was over the moment Steve Kerr took over as GM and they canned D'Antonio. It's funny that people are talking about tearing apart this team now, when just 2 years ago this was the best team in the NBA. That team would have won the NBA title if not for the BS altercation (started by a Spurs player) that got Stoudamire & Diaw suspended. There was no reason whatsoever to tear apart that team and go in a "new direction".

This current version on the other hand... yes, tear it apart ASAP, and first and foremost start with the GM. Kerr is clueless.
Lucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:42 AM   #7
joni
I hit open layups

The wheels fell off this wagon a year ago last February when they shipped Marion for Shaq, the very worst possible fit for this team you could imagine despite all the PR and media hype. D'Antoni followed right behind Shawn, and that made it clear what they thought they were trying to do. Follow that with this year: dumping the mess on an inexperienced coach, changing direction so many times it felt like a tennis match ... one stupid move after another slapping band-aids on a broken back ... and it wasn't hard to see where the Suns were going.

Well, they got where they were going. And getting here made for one miserable, boring, totally unenjoyable season, nothing fun about it. Apparently big promises and smart-ass antics don't win championships any more. They don't even get you into the playoffs.
joni is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: