Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 03-20-2009, 08:29 AM   #1
NBACha
Decent playground baller

NBACha has an OK reputation so far
Default "Noche Latina"

Is this really necessary???

http://www.nba.com/bobcats/nochelatina.html

Last edited by NBACha : 03-20-2009 at 12:25 PM.
NBACha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:46 PM   #2
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Default Re: "Noche Latina"

Just different ways of pulling in more people in the Charlotte area hoping to make them fans. Rufus Paul said as much when he mentioned that the arena is also hosting Catholic night. What's left of the Bobcats marketing team must be desperate for ideas to bring more folks to see the games. Can't blame them for trying different things. They must be one low-morale bunch of folks. Can't have a larger-picture marketing plan when the owner fires most of the marketing team.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:08 AM   #3
NBACha
Decent playground baller

Just not sure why the NBA needs the Latina night. It's done league wide. Can we have a "white guy night".....with special giveaways and entertainment aimed at white guys? They could play Neil Diamond music during the time outs.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #4
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBACha
Just not sure why the NBA needs the Latina night. It's done league wide. Can we have a "white guy night".....with special giveaways and entertainment aimed at white guys? They could play Neil Diamond music during the time outs.

I understand where you're coming from but can you figure out a better way to expand the fan base of the Cats than appealing to the various demographic groups of the Charlotte area? Of course a winning team would do the trick partially but only among those demographic groups who are already into professional basketball. Just speculating that white guys (and gals) are already into basketball probably more than Latinas/Latinos. Now if soccer games were held at the arena then they'd probably need a White Folks night.

Last edited by onewickedlady : 03-21-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:59 PM   #5
NBACha
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
can you figure out a better way to expand the fan base of the Cats than appealing to the various demographic groups of the Charlotte area?

"The Bobcats welcome EVERYONE" Come enjoy!
Old 03-21-2009, 01:04 PM   #6
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBACha
.... They could play Neil Diamond music during the time outs.

Did you see Neil Diamond when he played the Arena a few months ago? What an incredible performance. It was my first time seeing him in concert and my husband's 10th time (and yes he's a white guy!).
Old 03-21-2009, 03:25 PM   #7
TarCat
I brick open layups

TarCat has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Did you see Neil Diamond when he played the Arena a few months ago? What an incredible performance. It was my first time seeing him in concert and my husband's 10th time (and yes he's a white guy!).
I did not see him this time. My husband and I saw him at the Charlotte Coliseum. It was a fantastic concert.
TarCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:35 PM   #8
MikeUK
Decent playground baller

MikeUK has an OK reputation so far

I've heard of Neil Diamond but couldn't name a single track. Isn't it more a generational thing nowdays music, rather than ethnicity. Don't see why they need a night for different ethnicities, couldn't they do like a night for kids / families or somethingrather than this?
MikeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:38 PM   #9
panthers_bobcat
Can barely lace up my sneakers

panthers_bobcat has an OK reputation so far

How about a Gerald Wallace night where fans buy general admission tickets and wrestle under the basket for courtside seats?
panthers_bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:50 PM   #10
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

wow, this is just sad. down 30 to the pacers?
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #11
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeUK
I've heard of Neil Diamond but couldn't name a single track. Isn't it more a generational thing nowdays music, rather than ethnicity. Don't see why they need a night for different ethnicities, couldn't they do like a night for kids / families or somethingrather than this?

The ethnicity thing is different here in the US than it is in the UK.
As far as Neil Diamond--he's been around as a singer/songwriter/performer since the late 1950s or early 1960s. Same vintage as Carole King, Neil Sedaka and some others. Probably early 60s. I remember Lonnie Donegan becoming popular in the US in the late 50s and Diamond was later than Donegan.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:31 PM   #12
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Oops, meant to post about the Indiana game and put it in the Raptors game thread instead.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 11:53 PM   #13
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

eh, I knew we would lose tonight. For some reason this team is miserable on back to back games, even if the opposing team is coming in on back to back games.
Atleast we didnt lose any ground
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:43 AM   #14
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Isn't the Bobats' flagship radio station Hispanic?

I went last night, and I did see a lot of Hispanics there...so it must have worked somewhat?

I know we laid a massive egg, and I sat there and listened to the crowd give a big rousing "boo" to the team in the 3rd quarter. Thing is, I had GREAT seats...5 rows behind the bench...and I saw the fatigue and pain in their faces. They knew what this game meant and I'm sure they wanted it worse than we did. This is what happens however when you play the starters so many minutes over such a long stretch like we've done; they just didn't have it to give.

They've given a valiant effort and they still might possibly get into the playoffs. Fans do need to realize that regardless of whether they get in or not this 2nd half of the season was a MAJOR overachievement as they have not had a good enough bench to rest the starters enough to finish it out.

After a 2 1/2 hour ride alone to dwell on it I still have a lot of pride in what these guys have done and accomplished. If we come up short then so be it...next year will be even better.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:49 PM   #15
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Maybe at the end of the season, regardless of how it ends, fans ought to have a Bobcats appreciation night just to show our guys how much we appreciated their efforts and improvements over the course of the season. I think it's a given that the team will post its best W-L record this year.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: