Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-22-2009, 12:40 AM   #1
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here
Default Is Master P the greatest businessman in hip-hop history??

Nope, this isn't a thread about his music, I made plenty of those ...

No Limit Records before 1998 was the sh!t!
Master P used to go off in his Bay Area days.
Silkk 'the Shocker' Appreciation Thread

This is about Percy's business smarts. What he did in his day is incredible and will never be done again.

Went from slanging dope, to opening a record shop, to selling his music out his car, to owning his own record label, to charting and going gold without any promotion, to making films, to damn near every release for a 4 year span going platinum or gold.

Death Ron didn't do it, not Uptown/Bad Boy, Roc-A-Fella, So So Def, hell I don't even no if Def Jam did what No Limit did.

Respect the man.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:09 AM   #2
Legendofthe718
Danze Manatee

Legendofthe718 has decent reputation
Default Re: Is Master P the greatest businessman in hip-hop history??

No he's not.
Legendofthe718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:26 AM   #3
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendofthe718
No he's not.
Who is?
Old 03-22-2009, 09:41 AM   #4
NOHCP3
Pelican Brief

NOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this board

I would say Jay Z, and diddy are above him.
NOHCP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:49 AM   #5
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOHCP3
I would say Jay Z, and diddy are above him.
I could probably count the number of platinum/gold records they put out on my two hands.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:56 AM   #6
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That No Limit record factory was not hip-hop. It was dirty south booty shake. There's a difference. And oin a side note, they should also stop calling R&B acts like Usher and Chris Brown "hip-hop," they're singers.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:07 AM   #7
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
That No Limit record factory was not hip-hop. It was dirty south booty shake. There's a difference. And oin a side note, they should also stop calling R&B acts like Usher and Chris Brown "hip-hop," they're singers.
No it wasn't, Uncle Luke, 69 Boyz and later Lil Jon were dirty south booty shake music. Songs about the hood, killing, slangin' dope ect isn't booty music.

Usher and Chris Brown are hip-hop acts, as they sing over hip-hop beats. The same guys that make there music make music for Youn Jeezy, Ludacris and so fourth.,
Old 03-22-2009, 10:16 AM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Greatest businessman in hip hop? Really dont know. Are guys like Russell Simmons exempt from this discussion? I think Master P has been a popular pick in terms of success by the way he came up. The way he profited from his record sales unlike other artists. He also has been on Forbes lists in the past. So I think folks are familiar that he was successful financially.

But overall? I'm not sure. I'd have to run down a couple guys and see. I'd say Jay Z for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green

No Limit was far from dirty south booty shake music. In fact i cant think of many songs they made geared towards that.

Last edited by GOBB : 03-22-2009 at 10:19 AM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:35 AM   #9
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Greatest businessman in hip hop? Really dont know. Are guys like Russell Simmons exempt from this discussion? I think Master P has been a popular pick in terms of success by the way he came up. The way he profited from his record sales unlike other artists. He also has been on Forbes lists in the past. So I think folks are familiar that he was successful financially.

But overall? I'm not sure. I'd have to run down a couple guys and see. I'd say Jay Z for now.

No Limit was far from dirty south booty shake music. In fact i cant think of many songs they made geared towards that.

I agree... I thought Simmons would be the obvious choice.

And Jay Z has been ranked amongst the wealthiest entertainers these past few years as well.
andgar923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:36 AM   #10
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

And isn't 50's net worth more?
andgar923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:38 AM   #11
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Who is?
Russel Simmons
Antonio Reid
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:42 AM   #12
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
I agree... I thought Simmons would be the obvious choice.

And Jay Z has been ranked amongst the wealthiest entertainers these past few years as well.
I mean in the music business. Jay-Z is on forbes probably for his other things. I'm just talking music in general. He's still probably top 5 all-time if you count everything and Rus, Diddy, Jay are above him, but that's probably it.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:57 AM   #13
daballa13
Great young streetballer

daballa13 has not been impressing people

50 was ranked as the 2nd wealthiest man in Hip-Hop after Jay-Z believe it or not.
daballa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:22 AM   #14
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

I don't know whether or not he's the greatest businessman in hip-hop history, but he's definitely the WORST dancer in hip-hip history (Dancing with the Stars).
Tarik One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:38 PM   #15
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

from a music standpoint probably, but that's it.
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: