Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-25-2009, 12:02 AM   #1
barkleynash
Good High School Starter

barkleynash has an OK reputation so far
Default Raptors Draft plan.

If you were Colangelo which of these guys would most likely help the raptors, if they don't make any significant moves before the draft.

I'm assuming we draft a 2/3 player.

Here are the list of guys that land around where the raps would pick, barring a strange bounce of the ping pong ball.

Gerald Henderson 6'4
Chase Budinger 6'7
Earl Clark 6'9
Demar Derozan 6'6
Sam Young 6'6

Who would help us most?
barkleynash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:03 AM   #2
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Raptors Draft plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkleynash
If you were Colangelo which of these guys would most likely help the raptors, if they don't make any significant moves before the draft.

I'm assuming we draft a 2/3 player.

Here are the list of guys that land around where the raps would pick, barring a strange bounce of the ping pong ball.

Gerald Henderson 6'4
Chase Budinger 6'7
Earl Clark 6'9
Demar Derozan 6'6
Sam Young 6'6

Who would help us most?

Depends if the Raps are in win-now mode with Bosh still around, or decide to rebuild because they think Bosh is leaving anyways.

Henderson and Budinger are the win-now guys, and I think Derozan is the rebuild guy.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:07 AM   #3
barkleynash
Good High School Starter

barkleynash has an OK reputation so far

Who is the more creative, athletic player Budinger or Henderson?
barkleynash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:42 AM   #4
noob cake
Good college starter

noob cake has not been impressing people

As a Dukie, I am not as high on Henderson as draft scouts are on him.

Henderson is the stereotypical all around basketball player. He can post, bang, shoot, rebound, slash, and dunk. He is not an expert in any of those areas, but he get by with a bit of everything every game.

He is very athletic and is not afraid to lead an team. In my honest opinion, Henderson should be a late lottery pick (not top 5/10 lottery as some mockdrafts puts him), for a team looking for a athletic combo 2/3 in a win now mentality. The problem is that not many lottery teams with a high pick are interested in win now.
noob cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:44 AM   #5
fos
It's not rebound-ball.

fos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Who is the more creative, athletic player Budinger or Henderson?

Henderson is quicker and better ball handler, budinger has good height and can really jump. Budinger is a very good shooter. Between those two it's a tough call. I'd take Chase because I feel he's the safer pick. If nothing else you have a shooter to space the floor.
fos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:51 AM   #6
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If Raptors pick Henderson I immediately pack my bags and move to a city with successful basketball franchise
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:50 AM   #7
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Gerald Henderson 6'4
Chase Budinger 6'7
Earl Clark 6'9
Demar Derozan 6'6
Sam Young 6'6
The only players on this list that I would take at the range that the Raptors are picking is Earl Clark. The rest are not good enough to be taken that high, and are benifiting from better prospects returning to college. If I were a Raptor fan, I would rather take a flyer on BJ Mullens or Willie Warren before I choose Sam Young, Chase Budinger, Demar Derozan, or Gerald Henderson at that spot.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:07 AM   #8
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Tyreke Evans or Derozan, the two with the most star potential out of any wings. Tyreke could aslo play the backup point guard when Jose is on the bench.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:15 AM   #9
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Tyreke Evans or Derozan, the two with the most star potential out of any wings. Tyreke could aslo play the backup point guard when Jose is on the bench.
Tyreke is destined for a career of chucking and playing gambling defense.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:36 AM   #10
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Phenith has decent reputationPhenith has decent reputation

Quote:

Yeah, i'm big on Evans too, he is projected mid to late first round in most mocks right now, but I can definatly see a GM taking a gamble on him earlier on.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:47 AM   #11
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Theres already a huge thread on this in the Raptors forum
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:57 AM   #12
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

They need a wing who can do multiple things but they need a real banger inside more while they already have Anthony Parker.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:59 AM   #13
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Tyreke is destined for a career of chucking and playing gambling defense.

Nonsense, he can create his shot better than anyone in the college game, especially at his age level. He has no problems getting into the lane and already has an NBA ready body and strength to absorb contact and finish.

This guy is going to be a stud in the league, and if he doesn't go top 10, a lot of teams will regret not drafting him in a few years.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:03 AM   #14
Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenith
Yeah, i'm big on Evans too, he is projected mid to late first round in most mocks right now, but I can definatly see a GM taking a gamble on him earlier on.

The buzz I've been hearing from a lot of scouts is that a deep run in the tournament with a solid performance from Tyreke could push him as far as the top 5. Same goes for Willie Warren of Oklahoma.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:42 PM   #15
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

This.
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: