Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2006, 10:10 PM   #1
BradMiller52
Kings fan
 
BradMiller52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: I wanna get paid like Mikki
Posts: 2,724
BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far
Post We got a new back up center!!!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Kings sign Maurice Taylor

October 3, 2006

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- The Sacramento Kings signed veteran forward Maurice Taylor on Tuesday.

Taylor, who spent the past 1 1/2 years with the New York Knicks, averaging 6.3 points and 3.4 rebounds last season. He has also played for the Los Angeles Clippers and the Houston Rockets in a nine-year NBA career.

Kings coach Eric Musselman expects to use Taylor as a backup center behind Brad Miller.

"We look forward to having him provide us with some additional depth, flexibility and veteran experience on our front line," said Geoff Petrie, the Kings' president of basketball operations. "We think he'll fit in really well."


------------------------------------

Oh god... I hope he's not serious?
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:34 PM   #2
Showtime
Hardwood Hero
 
Showtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,369
Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here
Default

Absolute garbage player. Why waste the money when we could have gotten Doug back? Why not use Vitali as backup?
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:47 PM   #3
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers
 
Perezident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,720
Perezident has no real reputation yet.
Default

WTF!!!!!! lmao this has got to be a JOKE lol...mo taylor as center...now its official...geoff has flipped the switch ...i'm convienced now!!!..... lmao... we could of gotten olawakandi for cheap... i rather that than taylor.... why the kings!!!! why!!!!!!! .....this better be some sort of plan to get KG son i hope soo...cuz this is a bunch of bull SH!T
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:55 PM   #4
fan_since_85
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
fan_since_85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 5 Miles From Arco
Posts: 89
fan_since_85 has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
WTF!!!!!! lmao this has got to be a JOKE lol...mo taylor as center...now its official...geoff has flipped the switch ...i'm convienced now!!!..... lmao... we could of gotten olawakandi for cheap... i rather that than taylor.... why the kings!!!! why!!!!!!! .....this better be some sort of plan to get KG son i hope soo...cuz this is a bunch of bull SH!T

I kind of like Mo, he's not great but he was good on the Rockets. He used to at it with Webber, Vitaly sucks.
fan_since_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:01 PM   #5
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!
 
mariodeathgrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,455
mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool
Default







I can't believe it!!!!!!!

You guys don't know how lucky!!!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:11 PM   #6
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers
 
Perezident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,720
Perezident has no real reputation yet.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan_since_85
I kind of like Mo, he's not great but he was good on the Rockets. He used to at it with Webber, Vitaly sucks.

dnt get me wrong bro i like him to esspecially when he was on the rockets.... i like his mid range game but i dnt think we need him...now were goin into training camp with 18 ppl.......??? now thats even more of a slim chance for williams or admuson to join.....
this trade says 2 things to me...look for kenny thomas and a couple of exprings to be package ........and muss doesnt really trust loren woods ...or like i said this has to be for some big trade awaiting to happen ...i could fel it...but this is a good pick up for us.... SEE YOU LATER KENNY THOMAS and jason hart lol
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:17 PM   #7
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year
 
bigboi_baller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cold side of the pillow
Posts: 6,852
bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board
Default

You guys are hating too much on mo taylor

This basically guarantees that Vitaly and/or K9 will be traded during the season.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:04 AM   #8
BradMiller52
Kings fan
 
BradMiller52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: I wanna get paid like Mikki
Posts: 2,724
BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
dnt get me wrong bro i like him to esspecially when he was on the rockets.... i like his mid range game but i dnt think we need him...now were goin into training camp with 18 ppl.......??? now thats even more of a slim chance for williams or admuson to join.....
this trade says 2 things to me...look for kenny thomas and a couple of exprings to be package ........and muss doesnt really trust loren woods ...or like i said this has to be for some big trade awaiting to happen ...i could fel it...but this is a good pick up for us.... SEE YOU LATER KENNY THOMAS and jason hart lol

Maybe Thomas+Potato+Hartless for Kenyon Martin or something? I dunno he's the only athletic defender I can think of that's actually on the market right now. And why do we got this Mo Taylor guy as A CENTER? Is Petrie going crazy? I mean Reef figures to get some time at center with Thomas probably starting and we got Woods too. We need an athletic shotblocker like Williams or a hustler like Amundson to make the team.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:09 AM   #9
Showtime
Hardwood Hero
 
Showtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,369
Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
dnt get me wrong bro i like him to esspecially when he was on the rockets.... i like his mid range game but i dnt think we need him...now were goin into training camp with 18 ppl.......??? now thats even more of a slim chance for williams or admuson to join.....
this trade says 2 things to me...look for kenny thomas and a couple of exprings to be package ........and muss doesnt really trust loren woods ...or like i said this has to be for some big trade awaiting to happen ...i could fel it...but this is a good pick up for us.... SEE YOU LATER KENNY THOMAS and jason hart lol

I really hope they can get a decent PF if they decide to send KT packing, because KT>Mo.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:12 AM   #10
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers
 
Perezident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,720
Perezident has no real reputation yet.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
I really hope they can get a decent PF if they decide to send KT packing, because KT>Mo.
co-sign .......i smell K-mart....or KG
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:39 AM   #11
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers
 
Perezident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,720
Perezident has no real reputation yet.
Default

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T5wBtrhwVJg
MO TAYLOR IS THE MANNNN!!!! IF HE PLAYS LIKE THIS ON OUR ROSTER THEN.................GOOD BYE KENNY THOMAS lol i smell buy out for kenny lol...
also.............I like this signing....to me mo taylor is pretty well fittin in our system now....he would of looked even better under adelman.....BUT i think the reason muss said he'll play more backup center is because...he's bigger than kenny and sar and more athletically incline.....imo.... mo taylor can run the floor play defense in the paint and has a quick first step while posting.....personally i think we should get rid of cancerous thomas....along with ronnie priceless.... hartless and potato head.... for some roster space ..... i say atlanta...and maybe we could get lue and some draft picks
line up
Brad miller/Loren Woods/Justin Williams
SAR/Mo Taylor
Ron Artest/Francisco Garcia/Luis Admuson
Kevin Martin/John Salmons/Quincy Douby
Mike Bibby/Tyrone Lue/Quincy Douby

*reason why atl should do it..... they lost al harrington for nothing so kenny thomas is goin to start with out a doubt....
tyrone lue isnt respected in atlanta because he should be a starter...but they have placed him on the back burner
atl needs depth at the front court so adding pot would be good for them...also they get some expirings so once again they still have the cap room next year to try and lure some talent....also with speedy being out they could use a solid backup vet guy n jason hart who plays D and doesnt cry about pt.....and they still keep with their young talent they want with ronnie price who is a very good point guard who loves to run the floor

*reasons why sac should do it...... umm we clearly need a vet backup point guard who is trust worthy and can play the game.... lue would be a solid back up in my view.....we unload kenny contract so now we save atleast about 12 mil from the lux tax.....and we unload players so we could add justin and louis...
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 03:09 AM   #12
Showtime
Hardwood Hero
 
Showtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,369
Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
http://youtube.com/watch?v=T5wBtrhwVJg
MO TAYLOR IS THE MANNNN!!!! IF HE PLAYS LIKE THIS ON OUR ROSTER THEN.................GOOD BYE KENNY THOMAS lol i smell buy out for kenny lol...
also.............I like this signing....to me mo taylor is pretty well fittin in our system now....he would of looked even better under adelman.....BUT i think the reason muss said he'll play more backup center is because...he's bigger than kenny and sar and more athletically incline.....imo.... mo taylor can run the floor play defense in the paint and has a quick first step while posting.....personally i think we should get rid of cancerous thomas....along with ronnie priceless.... hartless and potato head.... for some roster space ..... i say atlanta...and maybe we could get lue and some draft picks
line up
Brad miller/Loren Woods/Justin Williams
SAR/Mo Taylor
Ron Artest/Francisco Garcia/Luis Admuson
Kevin Martin/John Salmons/Quincy Douby
Mike Bibby/Tyrone Lue/Quincy Douby

*reason why atl should do it..... they lost al harrington for nothing so kenny thomas is goin to start with out a doubt....
tyrone lue isnt respected in atlanta because he should be a starter...but they have placed him on the back burner
atl needs depth at the front court so adding pot would be good for them...also they get some expirings so once again they still have the cap room next year to try and lure some talent....also with speedy being out they could use a solid backup vet guy n jason hart who plays D and doesnt cry about pt.....and they still keep with their young talent they want with ronnie price who is a very good point guard who loves to run the floor

*reasons why sac should do it...... umm we clearly need a vet backup point guard who is trust worthy and can play the game.... lue would be a solid back up in my view.....we unload kenny contract so now we save atleast about 12 mil from the lux tax.....and we unload players so we could add justin and louis...


Like dunking on Bradley is hard? Last time I checked, there are less players who haven't dunked on him than not. What KT has done for this team last year was way more than I expected. He isn't the best post defender, but for a PF, he is athletic and can run the floor and is a good rebounder. Mo Taylor a better PF? No way. If Mo can't be used by the worst team in the NBA, then how can he replace a starting PF on the kings?
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:11 AM   #13
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers
 
Perezident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,720
Perezident has no real reputation yet.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
Like dunking on Bradley is hard? Last time I checked, there are less players who haven't dunked on him than not. What KT has done for this team last year was way more than I expected. He isn't the best post defender, but for a PF, he is athletic and can run the floor and is a good rebounder. Mo Taylor a better PF? No way. If Mo can't be used by the worst team in the NBA, then how can he replace a starting PF on the kings?
look bro..no time for all of that..... if u took the time and read my post u would i said....."well its bradley tho....mugsy bouges dunked on him.."......... now the reason i said we could pack kenny ..is becase on the video clip mo taylor looks aggressive...and i did mention i loved him while he was on the rockets..... all my post simply was sayin that...if mo taylor can play like that .(as shown in the clip) then we dnt neeed kenny... that was an explosive move...something KG OR KMART would of done...plus he taunted him afterwards....we need guys like him on the roster.....kenny doesnt dunk on anyone stares them n the eye and looks at his teamates...kenny doesnt dunk!!!!.....period..he has no swager to him..kenny barely could hit a decent 9 footer.... MO taylor does those things....and once again..... IF HE PLAYS LKE THAT NIGHT IN AND NIGHT OUT.....WE DNT NEED KENNY THOMAS
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 03:29 PM   #14
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller
 
Kiss Murder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Most Gracious of Hosts
Posts: 315
Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.
Lightbulb We hope you enjoy your stay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
Like dunking on Bradley is hard? Last time I checked, there are less players who haven't dunked on him than not. What KT has done for this team last year was way more than I expected. He isn't the best post defender, but for a PF, he is athletic and can run the floor and is a good rebounder. Mo Taylor a better PF? No way. If Mo can't be used by the worst team in the NBA, then how can he replace a starting PF on the kings?

He won't replace no one. Kenny Thomas will be traded thus letting Shareef start, thus making Mo Taylor a back up somewhere at the 4 or 5 position.
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 04:13 PM   #15
Showtime
Hardwood Hero
 
Showtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,369
Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
and once again..... IF HE PLAYS LKE THAT NIGHT IN AND NIGHT OUT.....WE DNT NEED KENNY THOMAS

The only time he was consistent was on a bad clippers team. HE DOESN'T PLAY LIKE THAT NIGHT IN AND NIGHT OUT. That's my point. He was inconsistent in Houston, and didn't make a difference with the Knicks. We don't need another mediocre player.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:22 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy