Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 04-01-2009, 11:17 AM   #1
undertaker21
Serious playground baller

undertaker21 has decent reputationundertaker21 has decent reputation
Default Allen Iverson "I have no intention of signing with Detroit"

http://www.freep.com/article/2009040...rson+wants+out
Quote:
"I have no intention of signing with Detroit" said guard Allen Iverson after Tuesdays loss to Detroit in which he only played 18 minutes. "As you seen in Philly and Denver, i'm willing to put my life on the line to win basketball games. I live and die for this game and to be reduced to role of spectator after carrying my teams night in and night out is disrespectful. I do not want to be a part of the Pistons organization and at the end of the season I will explore my other options. I want to be a part of a team that wants me. I will play my hardest for whatever amount of time coach decides to play me, because at this point that's all I can do."
April fools! (erase this)
undertaker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:27 PM   #2
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Allen Iverson "I have no intention of signing with Detroit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertaker21

Unless he brings his demands down($20m + a year) I just don't see anyone paying him..This year proves everything. He dosen't make a good team better he just is AI get his shots and he believes that is enough to make him valuable.
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:03 PM   #3
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by paguy1955
Unless he brings his demands down($20m + a year) I just don't see anyone paying him..This year proves everything. He dosen't make a good team better he just is AI get his shots and he believes that is enough to make him valuable.

And the nuggets are as good as last year. Not contenders and still just a 50 - win team. With a weaker conference then last season as well.
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
"I have no intention of signing with Detroit" said guard Allen Iverson after Tuesdays loss to Detroit in which he only played 18 minutes. "As you seen in Philly and Denver, i'm willing to put my life on the line to win basketball games. I live and die for this game and to be reduced to role of spectator after carrying my teams night in and night out is disrespectful. I do not want to be a part of the Pistons organization and at the end of the season I will explore my other options. I want to be a part of a team that wants me. I will play my hardest for whatever amount of time coach decides to play me, because at this point that's all I can do."

KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:30 PM   #5
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

This may have been an April fools joke thread, but there's no way he's going to want to re-sign with Detroit and they don't want him either.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:47 AM   #6
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=534065

Iverson said he is not happy with the Pistons, who acquired him in a trade with the Denver Nuggets in early November. "No, not at all," he said. "I'd be lying if I said I was. But I'm trying to do everything I can to be happy other than basketball. This is just one phase of my life. This is not my whole life. I have other parts of my life, other people in my life that I am surrounded by who make me happy."
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:59 PM   #7
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Damnnn I actually believed that sh!t. haha
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:29 AM   #8
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Even if the article was just a joke I'm sure it's still true to a certain extent. Besides the fact that I don't think Joe D will resign him anyhow. AI is going to have to come to terms with the fact that in order for him to play on a team that is going to win a championship he is going to have to take a reduced role and the team isn't going to be built around him. Otherwise he's just going to end up somewhere that isn't a legit contender.
dd24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:08 AM   #9
indiefan23
Local High School Star

indiefan23 has decent reputationindiefan23 has decent reputation

Quote:

Nor should he.

http://www.fullcourtpest.com/2009/04...have-been.html
indiefan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #10
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

he not a good fit in detroit. he wants to win a championship now too. pistons are a 2-3 years away from that if they make shrewd moves this offseason.
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: