Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 04-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #1
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Default Strange NBA 2k9 glitches

Before the game the commentator is supposed to talk about a player from the opposing team, but for some dumb reason he names a player from my team and then he says lets see if Chicago (the team I play with) can stop the other team. Does that happen to any of you?

Another thing that pisses me off is that in Association mode every time I have to play the Bobcats the screen goes black and nothing happens. So every time they come up on the schedule I'm forced to simulate the match. This is the only team out of the 30 that something this screwed up happens. What the hell!

Be free to leave any glitches that you've noticed on your game.

Last edited by Crazy Style : 04-06-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:06 PM   #2
Maniak
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Strange NBA 2k9 glitches

Whenever I trade pick for pick in the association, it freezes.

Really annoying
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
Rockbttm88
There is no dark side

My rotation never seems to work right. Even if I set it up, save, then start a game... it's back in whatever setup the CPU feels like putting it in. No matter who I assign minutes to, people will come into the game at random.

Other than that, I dont think I've encountered any glitches. A lot of little things really piss me off in this game, but I dont think I'd consider them glitches necessarily. Like when you're covering your man, away from the ball, and you make sure you block off the passing lane. Then the guy who you're covering gets a pass and you make sure you're right there to steal it... but for some reason it just doesnt happen. The guy makes the proper animation for stealing and the ball goes right through his hands, but there's just no steal. Same thing happens on blocks. I have seen so many plays where I thought I should have had a block. So I go back and look at the replay... and it turns out the ball warped right through my player's hands.
Rockbttm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:56 AM   #4
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
Before the game the commentator is supposed to talk about a player from the opposing team, but for some dumb reason he names a player from my team and then he says lets see if Chicago (the team I play with) can stop the other team. Does that happen to any of you?

Another thing that pisses me off is that in Association mode every time I have to play the Bobcats the screen goes black and nothing happens. So every time they come up on the schedule I'm forced to simulate the match. This is the only team out of the 30 that something this screwed up happens. What the hell!

Be free to leave any glitches that you've noticed on your game.

Do you have the software updates? I used to have that glitch too about 4 months ago before I had broadband internet at home, after I DLed the software update for 2k9 its fine now.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:34 AM   #5
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

When playing as Memphis and Cheryl Miller does the update thing, she always calls the Grizzlies coach, PJ Carlisimo. Annoying as hell.

Also, intentional fouling isn't working anymore for me. I haven't changing a thing in the settings, but for some reason it just doesn't work now. When I go to do it, the player will commit the foul, but the ref just won't call it, ever. It does result in the offensive player, either travelling, which isn't called, or a turnover.

F*cking ridiculous.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:39 AM   #6
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

While playing the Raptors and after an Anthony Parker 3, the commentator says.... "one of the best shooters in the league Michael Redd!"

Also, when I play the Grizz (which I always do) after my first bucket they would always mention how the team spiraled down after trading Pau Gasol and the light at the end of the tunnel. Annoing after the upteenth time.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:34 PM   #7
Seneca_22
Saw a basketball once

Kobe needs to be banned from this game. You can't stop him, period. Sure that's the case in real life too, but it's to the 10th degree on this game. Sorry, it's not a glitch, but it is annoying. I play my game, run my sets, run doubles on him and he just splits them at will. He never seems to get tired and just bombs 3's like nothing. The other night my friend was just pulling up with a hand in his face and made 17 out of 27 3's.

What do you guys do to stop a Kobe freak?
Seneca_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:53 PM   #8
Rockbttm88
There is no dark side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seneca_22
What do you guys do to stop a Kobe freak?

I play as the Lakers. Kobe issue: solved.

But seriously, I have the same problem when I play the Cavs. There really isnt a way to stop Lebron either. All you can do is lock down the opposing PG, cut off the passing lanes, and keep the ball out of his hands. Even then, you know he's still gonna get his. So you just gotta make sure you're keeping up on your offensive end.
Rockbttm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #9
vitamink420
Decent playground baller

I let Lebron and Kobe get there's and focus on stopping the other players on those teams

And since the software updates I've only had a glitch here and there, usually when sending the ball out of bounds with a block. It'll freeze up a little but usually goes back to normal once the ball is done bouncing
vitamink420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #10
Killer_Instinct
And Another One

I have the intentional foul glitch(where it's never called). Annoying as hell. And sometimes when I'm playing(for instance as the Lakers) I'll get hot with Pau, Kobe, Fisher ext. and during a cut in the action, they'll say "Los Angeles needs to do something to take (insert player) out of his rythym before it's too late." I'm always stunned by that one.
Killer_Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:24 PM   #11
qrich
King Heno

Once in a while, when I play team-up online. The game will just freeze as the first of the squads is revelaed or whatever
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: