Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 04-07-2009, 05:00 PM   #1
niaz555
I airball my layups

niaz555 has an OK reputation so far
Default Monta Ellis?

would it be possible to somehow go after ellis? if bosh tells the raptors organization this summer that he'll be testing the free agent market, then we obviously have to trade this guy. I was thinking ellis can be a solid 'wade' type of a player, probably not AS good as wade. He has 4 years left on his deal, and hes not that expensive either.

and obviously that trade will bring us something like a high pick and a piece or 2 pieces.

im all for ellis if bosh is not resigning.
niaz555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:05 PM   #2
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Monta Ellis?

If we were to get Ellis I''d rather get rid of Calderon and play Ellis at the point.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:24 PM   #3
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

I would only do it if Biedrins was involved. Bosh is worth more than Ellis IMO. It would also make Calderon expendable in trade for a SG.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:57 PM   #4
niaz555
I airball my layups

niaz555 has an OK reputation so far

well ofcourse bosh is worth more.. and since trade deadline... ive been wanting ellis and biedrins to be the core of the trade if we're giving bosh. solid centre along with il mago!
niaz555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #5
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by niaz555
well ofcourse bosh is worth more.. and since trade deadline... ive been wanting ellis and biedrins to be the core of the trade if we're giving bosh. solid centre along with il mago!

Yeah Bieds would grab tonnes of boards paired with Bargnani. One big to score and the other to rebound. How it should be.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:07 PM   #6
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I'd want Ellis, Biendrins, and Golden States first round pick

I'd also demand the Warriors take either Kapono or Banks, and throw a future second there way, maybe some $crilla
Old 04-07-2009, 07:15 PM   #7
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

I think if the Raps wanted they could get in on Ellis this offseason without giving up Bosh, Bargnani or Calderon. I think something around our first rounder could get the Warriors interested.

But going after Ellis is something that I'm not sold on. IMO he's not as good as many make him out to be and I also see him as a PG and not a full time SG.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:17 PM   #8
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Definitely a PG. He can play SG but if he was on a team I'm cheering for I wouldn't want him there. He needs to play the point and be paired of with a very good defensive SG.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:32 PM   #9
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Definitely a PG. He can play SG but if he was on a team I'm cheering for I wouldn't want him there. He needs to play the point and be paired of with a very good defensive SG.

How's his ankle? He seems like a gamble even if we get Bieds with him. But I don't know.. a part of me just wants him to resign this offseason so we dont have all this drama all next season.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:48 PM   #10
Too_Cool
Great young streetballer

Too_Cool has an OK reputation so far

I thought Monta looked exceptional last season, and before his injury and Golden State imploded(perpetetuated by the injury) he was regarded as a hot budding star. He was a big contributer to the warriors managing to compete in that ultra-competitve west last year.

I doubt Nelson will give him up for cheap, but yeah bring him along as our two guard...That starting five would be oh too good, prolly a little too expensive too.
Too_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:56 PM   #11
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
I'd want Ellis, Biendrins, and Golden States first round pick

I'd also demand the Warriors take either Kapono or Banks, and throw a future second there way, maybe some $crilla

Sorry, but that is crazy.

Monta is great. I would love him as our SG. It would need to have more then Bosh for Ellis to make it work, but I think Monta is quite highly regarded. I am not sure what golden state's interest would be in Bosh, since they seem high on Randolf.

If there was anyway we could get both Monta and Biedrins though that would be a perfect fit if we are keeping Bargnani.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:25 AM   #12
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

Monta is more of a shooting guard than a point guard. If he was the point, he wouldn't get enough people involved because he loves to hoist up shots too much. He'd be more like an Iverson type point guard. Our Defence might suffer a little but our offence would be pretty damn exciting with him though. Biedrens would have to be a must in any deal involving Bosh, if Monta not available, Bellineli would be a great replacement. The kids got game, tough as nails and will continue to improve. Drives to the basket well and would be a great fit.
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:31 AM   #13
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonaki1
Monta is more of a shooting guard than a point guard. If he was the point, he wouldn't get enough people involved because he loves to hoist up shots too much. He'd be more like an Iverson type point guard. Our Defence might suffer a little but our offence would be pretty damn exciting with him though. Biedrens would have to be a must in any deal involving Bosh, if Monta not available, Bellineli would be a great replacement. The kids got game, tough as nails and will continue to improve. Drives to the basket well and would be a great fit.

I don't agree at all. He's actually a very efficient scorer and is a good defender. He can play the point if needs be, or he can play the SG position because his athleticism makes up for his smaller size.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #14
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I don't agree at all. He's actually a very efficient scorer and is a good defender. He can play the point if needs be, or he can play the SG position because his athleticism makes up for his smaller size.

His ankle still scares me regardless of all the positive about his game. It was a really bad break and they shut him down for the rest of the season like last week. Maybe a precaution.. maybe something more serious?
Old 04-08-2009, 10:51 AM   #15
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

Forget monta, he's just another undersized 2 guard who isn't going to be able to guard most shooting guards ......

Jose and Monta in the backcourt would be great offensively but on the defensive end it would be a night mare.

Who would guard Rip Hamilton at the shooting guard spot?

6'3 Monta guarding 6'7 Rip ?

At least with Parker he can guard his man better than most and he is a knock down shooter .... everyone is bashing parker but he is perfect.
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: