Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 10-05-2006, 01:05 PM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

Default What do Kings fans expect or want?

I was just wondering. For most Laker fans, we have a certain level where we want our team to go, that is second round, ultimate goal is championship but realistice one is second round. For clipps fan, they expect or aim at going to the finals. So basically, where do kings fans view the season as somewhat of a success..where do you expect you will end up?
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 02:24 PM   #2
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Honestly I don't know. I'm hearing a lot of positive things from the coaching staff in the bee that is kind of getting my hopes up but I still remember it won't make Miller or Reef jump higher, it won't make Kenny grow 3 inches. I don't know how good we can be with this frontcourt as long as Reef, and especially Miller continue to play soft. Kenny is a pretty underrated player, most people seem to hate him because he was who we got back in the C-Webb trade and he doesn't play well unless he starts but I think we need his 9-10 rebounds per game really badly.

Success would definitely be 2nd round or higher. Mediocrity/what I can probably expect at the least is 1st round and out because we get the 8th seed or something. Absolute failure is missing the playoffs and then you hope Ron doesn't get angry because that could obviously be terrible for the franchise.

Success can be defined in different ways I guess. Personally I think the Kings are about 1 move away from contention, IE if we could trade Kenny+random contracts for Kenyon Martin I think that would make us a contender as long as KMart Sr. is healthy. Obviously a KG trade would be very nice but it's not really realistic IMO.

Another thing that would be nice is if the 2 undrafted rookies(Amundson and Williams) make the roster along with 7'2'' Loren Woods who hasn't gotten consistent PT in his career. Amundson is a hustler, maybe he can step in and be a Najera type player. Williams averaged something like 5 blocks per game in college. Woods is a good shotblocker when given minutes. Too bad we signed Mo Taylor and we only have a roster spot for 1 of them. I mean Mo might be good, but I don't know if he will have more of an impact than one of those guys anyway, atleast they fill a need(shotblocking).

If everything goes right, the Kings can be a 50 win team IMO. If everything goes wrong we could suck though. There are so many variables/uncertain things and all a fan like me can do is just sit back and see how the situation unfolds.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:58 PM   #3
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Honestly I don't know. I'm hearing a lot of positive things from the coaching staff in the bee that is kind of getting my hopes up but I still remember it won't make Miller or Reef jump higher, it won't make Kenny grow 3 inches. I don't know how good we can be with this frontcourt as long as Reef, and especially Miller continue to play soft. Kenny is a pretty underrated player, most people seem to hate him because he was who we got back in the C-Webb trade and he doesn't play well unless he starts but I think we need his 9-10 rebounds per game really badly.

Success would definitely be 2nd round or higher. Mediocrity/what I can probably expect at the least is 1st round and out because we get the 8th seed or something. Absolute failure is missing the playoffs and then you hope Ron doesn't get angry because that could obviously be terrible for the franchise.

Success can be defined in different ways I guess. Personally I think the Kings are about 1 move away from contention, IE if we could trade Kenny+random contracts for Kenyon Martin I think that would make us a contender as long as KMart Sr. is healthy. Obviously a KG trade would be very nice but it's not really realistic IMO.

Another thing that would be nice is if the 2 undrafted rookies(Amundson and Williams) make the roster along with 7'2'' Loren Woods who hasn't gotten consistent PT in his career. Amundson is a hustler, maybe he can step in and be a Najera type player. Williams averaged something like 5 blocks per game in college. Woods is a good shotblocker when given minutes. Too bad we signed Mo Taylor and we only have a roster spot for 1 of them. I mean Mo might be good, but I don't know if he will have more of an impact than one of those guys anyway, atleast they fill a need(shotblocking).

If everything goes right, the Kings can be a 50 win team IMO. If everything goes wrong we could suck though. There are so many variables/uncertain things and all a fan like me can do is just sit back and see how the situation unfolds.

^a good poster doing his thing^

i agree with everything bm52 said. Cosigned
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:13 PM   #4
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
^a good poster doing his thing^

i agree with everything bm52 said. Cosigned

Thank you very much.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:34 PM   #5
Targus™
Good college starter

With the talent they have right now, i expect a 50-54 win season. the talent is there, they're actually pretty deep this year, and a new coaching staff only gives the players motivation to succeed. they sky-rocketed with ron artest last season, so think how a full season of that will be like.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: