Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-12-2009, 08:42 PM   #1
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here
Default For the Brits and Euros: What is a Chav?

So I was introduced to another british word over spring break from my cousins and it was a "chav." I had no idea what a chav was and they told me it was a troublemaker who wears hats with hoodies and sport coats.

So...are they just another form of wiggers?

Something tells me loot is a chav.

Last edited by Hawker : 04-12-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:46 PM   #2
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: For the Brits and Euros: What is a Chav?

a wannabe who watches too many American gangster movies and tries to emulate what he sees
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:51 PM   #3
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

its filthy scum bags that hang out on corners- outside shops, in packs of like 20-30 and start trouble/fights with whoever they can and generally hurl abuse at anyone by themselves. our streets are littered with them, although there are many more the further north you go.... they usually wear cheap sports clothes. ****, they have many distinguishable features..... is this enough info?

basically every country have their own words to describe these people.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:52 PM   #4
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Is a rudeboy an asian chav?
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #5
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
a wannabe who watches too many American gangster movies and tries to emulate what he sees
aha.. in the US we call those guys "rappers"

just kidding rap fans,,, back down
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:59 PM   #6
thatoneblackguy

thatoneblackguy has a terrific reputationthatoneblackguy has a terrific reputationthatoneblackguy has a terrific reputationthatoneblackguy has a terrific reputationthatoneblackguy has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
thatoneblackguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:01 PM   #7
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid

not exclusively asian. it applies to any idiot who tries to act like a gangsta, or just really tough. the Asians in our country tend to be either 1. oriental= more restrained when it comes to gang/yob culture and with more dignity. 2. indian/pakistan/wherever= all front and very influenced by black american culture but are less violent than the white/black scum bags(they also speak increadibly fast so that they constantly have to repeat things to each other)
Old 04-12-2009, 09:09 PM   #8
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Yea I've lived in London during the school year the last 3 years. When I said asian I was referring to South Asian. My friend said it was just south asians, but I guess he was wrong.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:12 PM   #9
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

When you get a busy signal, do you say "engaged"? For example, instead of saying, "I just called Mike, I got a busy signal", do you say, "I called Mike and he was engaged"?

I saw it in a movie, interests me.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:12 PM   #10
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I thought rudeboys were like shottas which are a Jamaican gangsters, or fans of reggae.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:23 PM   #11
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
When you get a busy signal, do you say "engaged"? For example, instead of saying, "I just called Mike, I got a busy signal", do you say, "I called Mike and he was engaged"?

I saw it in a movie, interests me.

yeah, that's true we do say that, it does after all mean exactly the same thing.

its kinda outdated now thoe because all land lines generally go through to voice mail when engaged/busy.

Last edited by ukplayer4 : 04-12-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:26 PM   #12
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
I thought rudeboys were like shottas which are a Jamaican gangsters, or fans of reggae.

'yardies' is the term we use for Jamaican gangstas.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:34 PM   #13
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
yeah, that's true we do say that, it does after all mean exactly the same thing.

its kinda outdated now thoe because all land lines generally go through to voice mail when engaged/busy.

Thanks, bet you can't guess which film I was referring to. It's a zombie comedy.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:40 PM   #14
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Thanks, bet you can't guess which film I was referring to. It's a zombie comedy.

lol, zombie comedy you say?

couldnt possibly be shaun of the dead?
Old 04-12-2009, 09:42 PM   #15
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
lol, zombie comedy you say?

couldnt possibly be shaun of the dead?

Yeah, the scene where he tries to call his ex girlfriend, and he says, "Oh damn, she's engaged."
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: