Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2009, 10:04 PM   #1
GreatGreg
College star
 
GreatGreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chi-city
Posts: 3,955
Default 2011 Chicago Bulls team(NBA 2K9)

PG- Derrick Rose(22 PPG, 8 APG, 4 RPG)
SG- J.R Smith(19 PPG, 5 APG, 5 RPG)
C- Brian Cardinal(11 PPG, 3 APG, 8 RPG)
SF- John Salmons(20 PPG, 5 APG, 6 RPG)
PF- Chris Bosh(25 PPG, 4 APG, 9 RPG)

Previous season record- 63-19, Won NBA Finals vs. T-Wolves, 4-0

Accomplishments: Rose, Salmons, Bosh All-Stars, Bosh MVP, Bosh Finals MVP

What do you think of this team? I obviously accomplished something with it, and I think I can do better in 2011.
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:46 AM   #2
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan
 
TMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,660
Default Re: 2011 Chicago Bulls team(NBA 2K9)

Needs a more solid C. Brian Cardinal?
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:27 PM   #3
knickballer
Very good NBA starter
 
knickballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2010 offseason
Posts: 8,204
Default Re: 2011 Chicago Bulls team(NBA 2K9)

Whats your bench looking like? Ya, get a new center... Trade some bench players and a 1st rounder for a Center that you can use.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:55 PM   #4
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan
 
TMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,660
Default Re: 2011 Chicago Bulls team(NBA 2K9)

Don't get someone who can score for you at C, since you have plenty of that. Try someone who can get you 10-15 boards a game.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:17 PM   #5
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox
 
Kebab Stall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Grizz-mania
Posts: 10,294
Default Re: 2011 Chicago Bulls team(NBA 2K9)

Why have you got Cardinal at center?

How many ppg do you average? Your starting lineup averages 97 points on their own. How much does the bench contribute?
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:50 PM   #6
tdotraptor
Saw a basketball once
 
tdotraptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25
Default Re: 2011 Chicago Bulls team(NBA 2K9)

who is on your bench? also like TMT said, dont get a center that can score. try to get a defensive minded center that will get blocks and lots of boards.
tdotraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:55 AM   #7
shortlunatic
Knowledge Is Power
 
shortlunatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,719
Default Re: 2011 Chicago Bulls team(NBA 2K9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGreg
PG- Derrick Rose(22 PPG, 8 APG, 4 RPG)
SG- J.R Smith(19 PPG, 5 APG, 5 RPG)
C- Brian Cardinal(11 PPG, 3 APG, 8 RPG)
SF- John Salmons(20 PPG, 5 APG, 6 RPG)
PF- Chris Bosh(25 PPG, 4 APG, 9 RPG)

Previous season record- 63-19, Won NBA Finals vs. T-Wolves, 4-0

Accomplishments: Rose, Salmons, Bosh All-Stars, Bosh MVP, Bosh Finals MVP

What do you think of this team? I obviously accomplished something with it, and I think I can do better in 2011.

damn your roster looks a little similar to mine...You just need an upgraded Center, with a roster like that, i would look for a good defensive center rather than a scoring one. who are your bench players??
shortlunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:05 AM   #8
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon
 
KeylessEntry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Great Northwest
Posts: 6,160
Default Re: 2011 Chicago Bulls team(NBA 2K9)

How the hell does that team win a championship? I am either really unlucky or I dont understand how association works. I have simmed like 15 different teams on NBA 2k9 with normal all the normal rules and settings, and although I have had some very good seasons and made the playoffs several times with the Celtics, Lakers, Cavaliers, Utah, and New Orleans, I never win the championship. Last night I decided to cheat and I started a new association with forced trades. I took the Blazers, and traded Blake for CP3 and LaFrentz contract + Outlaw for Lebron.

CP3
Brandon Roy
Lebron James
Lamarcus Aldridge
Greg Oden

with a bench of

Posey
Bass
Pryzbilla
Bayless
Webster

I still couldnt win a damn championship! I got wiped out in the first round 3 years in a row and then I just turned off my PS3 in disgust. When I play the game with this team, I can blow out every team by like 2x their points, but for some reason when I sim games they lose way too often.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:38 AM   #9
GreatGreg
College star
 
GreatGreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chi-city
Posts: 3,955
Default Re: 2011 Chicago Bulls team(NBA 2K9)

PG- Derrick Rose
SG- J.R Smith
C- Andrew Bogut (8 PPG, 12 RPG)
SF- John Salmons
PF- Chris Bosh

BenchDIG*=Drafted In-Game)

PG-R. Carter, (5 ppg, 4 apg, 3 rpg) DIG*
SG-J. Smalls, (7 ppg, 2 apg 2 rpg) DIG*
C- Aaron Gray (5 ppg, 2 apg, 5 rpg)
SF-Q. Rousy, F. Harper, (Both average 1 of everything, hardly get playing time..) DIG*
PF- T. Thomas. (7 ppg, 2 apg, 7 rpg)

I just gave you the bench's averages and Bogut's since everything else stayed the same, basically.
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:02 PM   #10
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan
 
TMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,660
Default Re: 2011 Chicago Bulls team(NBA 2K9)

Bogut wasn't a bad addition, but your bench sucks. They probably don't get many minutes anyway though.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:47 PM   #11
JJ81
Good college starter
 
JJ81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,181
Default Re: 2011 Chicago Bulls team(NBA 2K9)

Simulated or played?

Also, what difficulty?
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:10 PM   #12
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!
 
CelticForce1349's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rose+Kirk=Verfechters!
Posts: 1,237
Default Re: 2011 Chicago Bulls team(NBA 2K9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
How the hell does that team win a championship? I am either really unlucky or I dont understand how association works. I have simmed like 15 different teams on NBA 2k9 with normal all the normal rules and settings, and although I have had some very good seasons and made the playoffs several times with the Celtics, Lakers, Cavaliers, Utah, and New Orleans, I never win the championship. Last night I decided to cheat and I started a new association with forced trades. I took the Blazers, and traded Blake for CP3 and LaFrentz contract + Outlaw for Lebron.

CP3
Brandon Roy
Lebron James
Lamarcus Aldridge
Greg Oden

with a bench of

Posey
Bass
Pryzbilla
Bayless
Webster

I still couldnt win a damn championship! I got wiped out in the first round 3 years in a row and then I just turned off my PS3 in disgust. When I play the game with this team, I can blow out every team by like 2x their points, but for some reason when I sim games they lose way too often.

Two words; Hans Wolfe. Go to manage roster, download player, "most frequently downloaded" and scroll down the list until you see Hans Wolfe. Download him and place him on your team of choice that needs a PF/C.

Hans will change your association and your life forever. He will be in the game in a few more years anyway, but why not have a piece of the future today?

Just be sure to take the rewards points you accumulate and use them to send players to training camp in the off-season. You will have a championship within 3 to five years.

P.S. While you are looking at the downloads check out my Blake Griffin.

P.S.S. Yo Greg, get a PS3 man! The best create-a-player characters (and more) will be available to you.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:27 PM   #13
3zazer1
D-Rose tha truth
 
3zazer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ruleing tha kingdom
Posts: 359
Default Re: 2011 Chicago Bulls team(NBA 2K9)

keyless,do you sim most of the games?You have a good team.You prob. need to develop a better bench.I think you can shop martel webster in the trade market and get a better sg/sf(i.e sasha vuliatit,courtny lee,wally serviak),you can develop bayless in to a lock defendender and good 3 pt shoter,play up tempo basketball,then you can win
3zazer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:40 PM   #14
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon
 
KeylessEntry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Great Northwest
Posts: 6,160
Default Re: 2011 Chicago Bulls team(NBA 2K9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3zazer1
keyless,do you sim most of the games?You have a good team.You prob. need to develop a better bench.I think you can shop martel webster in the trade market and get a better sg/sf(i.e sasha vuliatit,courtny lee,wally serviak),you can develop bayless in to a lock defendender and good 3 pt shoter,play up tempo basketball,then you can win

I sim every single game. If I actually play the games I can easily crush the AI with that Blazer team, but they only win 65% of the time when I sim.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:48 PM   #15
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26,529
Default Re: 2011 Chicago Bulls team(NBA 2K9)

Key, you have way too much scoring and not enough defense. I do the same thing and sim all the time, and every team I build wins multiple championships within the first year or two. I've even won 8 times in a row with a certain team.

You basically need three scorers. Two starters and one bench player.

I could build one right now for you and I bet they'd win a championship [hopefully]

Deron Williams
Ronnie Brewer
Shane Battier
David West
Tyson Chandler

Jason Terry
and scrubs

You need to build a team that would win a championship in real life. Your team has three players that dominate the ball with CP3, Roy and LeBron. There's only one ball.

You can pick and pop/roll with West and Chandler every play and score 200 easily. Battier brings the D and opens up the floor with his three point shooting and Brewer is just another wing who can run the floor during the break. Bench doesn't really matter, you've got the Jet.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:12 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy