Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 04-13-2009, 04:07 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Raptors sign Quincy Douby through 2009-10 season

The Toronto Raptors announced Monday they have signed guard Quincy Douby for the remainder of this season and the 2009-10 season. Per team policy, financial details were not disclosed. The Raptors signed the free agent to consecutive 10-day contracts March 24 and April 2. Douby has appeared in six games for Toronto, averaging 5.2 points and 1.7 assists in 10.7 minutes. He has averaged 8.0 points, 2.0 assists and 14.0 minutes in the past three games, shooting .667 (10-15) from the field and three-point range (4-6) during that span. InsideHoops.com
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:49 PM   #2
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Raptors sign Quincy Douby through 2009-10 season

i like this, i think the raptors should sign up pops, and probably o'bryant aswell, these are talented young players, who give us much needed depth in i would have thought douby and obryant would be minimum contract players

we should keep, bosh, bargnani, calderon, hump and kapono

then we got ukic, douby, pops, o'bryant and jawai and graham as our depth players

we then need to find 3 to 5 more players (draft / free agency) but they need to be top quality players

so next season we will have

PG calderon
SG ???
SF ???
PF bosh
CT bargnani

6th man kapono
7th man humphries

then

ukic
douby
graham
pops
o'bryant

reserves

jawai

then we have a good young core of players, with plenty of depth, something we really missed this season
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:00 PM   #3
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

I like what Quincy does for us with spot minutes, and it seems as though he's a quality guy. I'm sure the contract is cheap so even though this isn't terribly significant, if we're going to let someone like Parker walk to sign a bigger name 2 then we need decent cheap players on the bench, and Quincy is just that.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:31 PM   #4
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

I love how we're turning all these D-League scrubs into solid rotation players. lol
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:33 PM   #5
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hopefully pops gets the resigning too.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:07 PM   #6
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Resigning Pops is key for sure. He's one hell of an energy player when he is feeling it and attacking the rim consistently.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:16 PM   #7
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Douby has shown enough to me that I'm fine with him as the third PG.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:54 PM   #8
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't mind having him on the team, i'm just very curious to know the amount of money BC gave him. We already know he has a bad track record with overpaying roleplayers.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:02 PM   #9
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

This is first move for the "CaldeBargnanosh" Core. Er.. i can't wait what he has for off season, hopefully this guy has a plethora of moves just like he did when he first stepped to the raps organization.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:56 PM   #10
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

From Smith on Douby's Contract:

"It's not a fully guaranteed deal. It's as I said yesteray, it has plateaus, if you wish, that he has to meet to get guaranteed. If he's on the roster on this day, it's guaranteed for X dollars; if he's there on this day, it's X-plus dollars. It by no means means he'll be with the team for the entirety of the 2009-10 season, although he could very well be if he plays well. "
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:17 PM   #11
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees

"It's not a fully guaranteed deal. It's as I said yesteray, it has plateaus, if you wish, that he has to meet to get guaranteed. If he's on the roster on this day, it's guaranteed for X dollars; if he's there on this day, it's X-plus dollars. It by no means means he'll be with the team for the entirety of the 2009-10 season, although he could very well be if he plays well. "

Perfect
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:43 AM   #12
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees

I'm glad to see our GM is finally starting to use his brain. This is gonna be a big off-season though so there's plenty of room for an f-up. Here's to hoping that doesn't happen.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:51 AM   #13
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

What kind of animal does Douby look like?

I wanna say it's something from the movie Ice Age, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:49 PM   #14
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
What kind of animal does Douby look like?

I wanna say it's something from the movie Ice Age, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Yeah his eyebrows make him sort of like the woolly mammoth guy .

Quote:
Douby has shown enough to me that I'm fine with him as the third PG.

Really hope the Banks is somehow dumped. Douby type deals are preferable for 3rd stringers, not that monstrosity of a contract Toronto took on.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:58 PM   #15
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

I really think we're stuck with both Banks and Kapono's contracts until they expire. They are that bad. The only way we get rid of them is if we trade them packaged with Bosh for someone like Shaq who has a 22M deal that expires next year.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: