Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 04-16-2009, 03:19 AM   #1
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Default Achievment whores

any of them here me and my freind are having a battle to see who can get to 10,000 so far i just got my 9,000 hes got like 9,400

how much do you guys have?(only 360 users unless ps3 has something similar)
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:45 AM   #2
AJ2k8
Banned

Default Re: Achievment whores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
any of them here me and my freind are having a battle to see who can get to 10,000 so far i just got my 9,000 hes got like 9,400

how much do you guys have?(only 360 users unless ps3 has something similar)
When i first got my 360 i whored a lot of achievements but now it's just a case of if im doing something at that time where there is an achievement i might do something better to get it but i won't waste my time on them...

At the moment im on something like 13,700gamer points

Best Games are:
Gears of War 1: around about 1050
Gears of War 2: around about 950
Halo 3: 1000
NBA Live 08 and 09 i have about 900 for each but they have easy achievements
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:25 PM   #3
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

honestly i just play the games, and if i get the "achievement" cool, but its not the basis of why i play.

i had on my old account I ThyGreatOne I something like 25,088+ and then somehow my gamertag and windows id got "disconnected" as xbox told me and i had to start a new name THY GR8 ONE now i got like 14,000+

my bro's are online too one, Life And Death has like 67,000+ and my other bro is I Ro Show I has like 28,000+

Last edited by ThyGreatOne : 04-18-2009 at 03:51 PM.
ThyGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:26 PM   #4
Al Thornton
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyGreatOne
honestly i just play the games, and if i get the "achievement" cool, but its not the basis of why i play.

This.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:08 PM   #5
Rockbttm88
There is no dark side

I only have around 3700. But like the other people said, I dont really go for them specifically. And I dont play a wide variety of games... just the same ones over and over.
Rockbttm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:31 AM   #6
intrinsic
Local High School Star

It kinda diminishes the online experience for me when players are making deals with one another to trade for achievements in the pregame lobby. Its amusing at first to lob a grenade into a group of people standing around, but that gets boring quickly. Still, achievement system appeals to a large portion of the xbox community.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:05 AM   #7
franchise#3
Local High School Star

I have around 4000 points. I only try to get them in NBA games.
franchise#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 03:07 PM   #8
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

I really don't care about achievements…

The system is kind of broken, you get it ant thats it. Pretty much a one and done deal.

I like playing for high score. I can get a score in a game and compare and compete with my friends. If they surpass my score, I then go back and try to get a better score. It never ends. I've been playing Shooting Love and I grind at it aiming for the top spot in certain challenges. I am ranked at 3rd in the world in the asteroids game and the walls game! In Ikaruga, my score sucks on a overall level, but among my friends, I am at 2nd now as my friend had recently beat my score. More reason for me to return to it.

Whats really lame is there are people who will waste time playing lame garbage games just to achievement whore more points. I can't be bothered wasting time to play shit games when I got thousands of fun games across many consoles to better utilize my gaming time.

and here is my lame and week gamertag with my weak achievement score. Oh noz! my e-pee pee is tiny! Time to go buy Avatar and King Kong so I can get a quick 2k achievement points

Last edited by Sonic R : 04-18-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:11 PM   #9
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

i really just don't get the point of playing a game to get the "achievement" now it does add to the play i agree but if that is the sole reason you play i gotta question your logic?!

i play to win, not for "achievement" honestly i care if i win or lose, i don't see the fun in losing! some people tell me that means i take the games to "serious" but its not like that, i just don't want to lose, and i give 110% each game i play and try to win, i don't understand the concept "play for fun" if your not winning how can you have fun? is it even possible to lose and enjoy it?

the thing that really makes me mad is like someone said people trading achievements and/or cheating to get them, or in general, we all seen it, all played games you know someone is cheating, that really detracts from the game in my opinion. i don't get why people cheat, is it that serious?! for real!!

the other thing i don't get it people quitting, or people "fcking" around to get you to quit so they get a easy win, that makes no sense, why even play? i cant count how many times me and my crew is on a game an people will get down and the pause the game, foul over and over (if a sports game) run offside (all kinda lame chit) and then when their tactics don't work they quit out. i honestly got to the point that i rather just play games online with people i know and if they aint on i rather just play offline, cuz all games suck online when people are pulling the chit they do making it less then enjoyable for everyone involved!

i even adopted the name "Bet Ya Quit" cuz everyone we play quits!! i am not saying we are the best, but we got a 4 man rotation we practice and run specific games and we do work, we win more often then we lose, its fun, but we seen a lot of BS people pull to get us to quit, i cant stand that behavior, i honestly think actions like that say a lot about the type of person you are in life, i think its an extension of their personality and or morals and integrity, if you consistently cheat or quit on games, i think its a sign you do or would do the same in life when things get a little hot under the collar...

then again i can be completely wrong and playing vs. 12 year old who can give a chit lol!!!

on a side note CHIT LeBron is killing Detroit right now!! he hit a half court shot to end the first half!!
ThyGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:01 PM   #10
Lancerballer21
Serious playground baller

I have like 3,000 gs. I sometimes go for achievements just to see if i can do it or if im bored but i don't think ive ever boosted for an achievement but i know this kid who only plays games for their achievements, its crazy.
Lancerballer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:48 PM   #11
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

i now got 10,400 exactly
Old 04-25-2009, 02:34 AM   #12
gsxr1kryder
Decent playground baller

I've got like 6500. don't play a whole lot of games. but the ones i do play I usually end up , at some time or other, mainly going for as many achievements as I can. Assassins Creed I got the full 1000 pts. Need for Speed Carbon, NFS Most Wanted, and Need for Speed Undercover are games that I maxxed out all of the single player achievements. don't really play any games online other than CoD. Both Call of Duties, I've done everything except for the Veteran modes. I just don't have the patience to try to get through Veteran mode.

Last edited by gsxr1kryder : 04-25-2009 at 02:36 AM.
gsxr1kryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:28 PM   #13
big baller
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

I got 50. Then again I got my 360 yesterday

VERY happy, GTA4 Rocks.

Last edited by big baller : 04-25-2009 at 01:31 PM.
big baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:02 PM   #14
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by big baller
I got 50. Then again I got my 360 yesterday

you have made the single greatest purchase you will ever make
Old 04-25-2009, 10:46 PM   #15
big baller