Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 04-19-2009, 03:50 AM   #1
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Official Rockets "Reminisce" Thread.

This is a continuation from the Portland/Houston playoff thread. Post some forgotten Rockets from back in the day. It could be from the 80s', the championship years, when we were in San Diego, or hell a player from last season.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:03 AM   #2
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Official Rockets "Reminisce" Thread.

A lot of these players I just remember them playing a couple of times. I do remember Torraye Braggs. Didn't he play for us under JVG?

A lot of the players that played from 1995-present I remember. I sure as hell don't remember their style but many of them I remember for how bad they sucked lol.

Thomas Hamilton was a fatass.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:06 AM   #3
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
A lot of these players I just remember them playing a couple of times. I do remember Torraye Braggs. Didn't he play for us under JVG?

A lot of the players that played from 1995-present I remember. I sure as hell don't remember their style but many of them I remember for how bad they sucked lol.

Thomas Hamilton was a fatass.
He played that season McGrady and Yao were out. We had a lot of crappers that season. Lonny Baxter.

And yeah,, Thomas was a fatty. I remember one time he dunked and my TV shock.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:10 AM   #4
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
He played that season McGrady and Yao were out. We had a lot of crappers that season. Lonny Baxter.

Lonny Baxter. Oh ****, I actually thought that guy had potential.

I really do miss Michael Dickerson though. I remember that he played a spectacular rookie year then we traded him in that deal for Francis. He played so well for the Grizzlies. He was a professional. Too bad injuries did him in. I heard he tried to make a comeback this season with the Cavs. The guy is only 33.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:14 AM   #5
ElPigto
*****istrator

I'll be back to discuss more on this thread. We still have many memories to go through. I'm going to bed for now, I'm sleepy.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:15 AM   #6
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto

Lonny Baxter. Oh ****, I actually thought that guy had potential.

I really do miss Michael Dickerson though. I remember that he played a spectacular rookie year then we traded him in that deal for Francis. He played so well for the Grizzlies. He was a professional. Too bad injuries did him in. I heard he tried to make a comeback this season with the Cavs. The guy is only 33.
Yeah, dude was a beast. Would have probably been an All-Star a few times.

I was talking with my boy when we got McGrady. I think I came (or damn near came) when we got T-Mac. I remember that big ass rally we had for him and me not being able to go. I was pissed!
Old 04-19-2009, 07:14 AM   #7
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have a feeling about 5 years down the stretch, Luther Head will join that crowd of old Rockets guards that enchanted us for a season or two then faded.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:21 AM   #8
U got Served
Banned

U got Served is considered somewhat coolU got Served is considered somewhat coolU got Served is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
I have a feeling about 5 years down the stretch, Luther Head will join that crowd of old Rockets guards that enchanted us for a season or two then faded.

Yes, I can see him being another one of those guys.
U got Served is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:17 PM   #9
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

Luther was my dude, I wish he could of got 1 more year to prove himself, but he did terrible under Adelman.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:18 PM   #10
gyu
Good college starter

gyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputation

Fk Kirilenko:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulbaq...e=channel_page
gyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:31 AM   #11
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

as a kid, i always liked watching calvin murphy

he would just dart in and out of people like they were standing still and had a nice looking jumper

and from what i read later-- he was the toughest guy on the team. he actually trained earlier in boxing. whenever there were fights (and there were many in the 70s nba) murphy was said to connect blows on much bigger guys who didnt know how to throw a punch
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:27 PM   #12
YouGotServed
Russia 2018

YouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bump.

I remember when Houston had a shitty lineup which at one point I think consisted of:

Mutumbo
Juwan Howard
????
Wesley
Alston

That 2005-2006 season was a disaster. The only good thing that came out of it was Yao's last 25 games when he averaged 25/11.

I remember the old days [at least to me] when Steve Francis and Cat were my favorite players. Kenny Thomas was horrible, guy used to double dribble the ball all the damn time. Eddie Griffin [RIP] was a good weak side shot blocker. Remember that block he had against L.A? This was back when the Yao Shaq rivalry was at its peak. Game just starts, Kobe immediately feeds Shaq the ball....and I think Yao blocked his first two attempts, and E. Griffin blocked Shaq's 3rd shot. All of this happened just when the game had started in the first quarter. I was going crazy.
YouGotServed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:21 AM   #13
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

Man we had a bunch of terrible people when Van Gundy was here. Adrian Griffin, Brendan Knight, Clarence Weatherspoon, Mike Wilks, Andre Barrett, Vin Baker, Ryan Bowen, Alton Ford, etc... That's why we never went anywhere, Van Gundy kept saying Yao and T-Mac was all we needed.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 04:36 PM   #14
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
as a kid, i always liked watching calvin murphy

he would just dart in and out of people like they were standing still and had a nice looking jumper

and from what i read later-- he was the toughest guy on the team. he actually trained earlier in boxing. whenever there were fights (and there were many in the 70s nba) murphy was said to connect blows on much bigger guys who didnt know how to throw a punch
I went to a Calvin Murphy camp when I was younger for "The Wiz Kidz." This had to be in like 95 or 96.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: