Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 04-19-2009, 08:58 AM   #1
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.
Default Hard Loss to Swallow

Last night's game was a hard watch.....I don't know exactly what the problem was, but it was almost like, "We've got this winning streak going....we're playing in the Rose Garden.....this game is ours!!!"

Not so quick guys!!!

But I'm not getting too down on our guys - Yao was absolutely INSANE last night and was getting the benefit of the calls - not saying the refs were preferential (no conspiracy theorys here!!!), but it was just one of those nights where they called it pretty tight on the guys guarding the big man.

While I like what Steve Blake brings when he's on the court, if he and Rodriguez can't guard / stay in front of Brooks (who I really like by the way - saw him play in the Tournament in Spokane when Oregon and Texas were there a couple of years ago), then we need to get Bayless in there.

Now here's where I get hammered......I really wish we had another big man - when it first started to appear that we might end up with the Rockets in the first round, I immediately thought of one guy we could possibly sign to be a third big body.....I don't recall how they ever fared against each other, but I wouldn't mind having the convenience of a 7'3 big body like Ha, Seung Jin.

I don't know what he's been doing since he last played in Milwaukee - but.......

Last edited by blazerjimmy : 04-19-2009 at 09:09 AM.
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:03 AM   #2
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

Default Re: Hard Loss to Swallow

Just found this - he's actually playing in the KBL (Korean Basketball League) and playing well.......YES, I realize it's not the NBA, but at least he's playing.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news...136_43430.html
Old 04-19-2009, 01:05 PM   #3
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ha?

I was with you on everything else said, but that guy wouldn't be any better at guarding Yao PLUS he provides absolutely nothing on offense.

Anyway, I was shocked that the reason we lost really didn't have anything to do with the Rockets slowing Roy. It had everything to do with poor defense (against everybody, not just Yao) and nobody stepping up to score but Roy. Oden played well, but it was too late. I'm hoping it was just nerves and that they will be over them by game 2.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:36 PM   #4
gyu
Good college starter

gyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputation

Signing Ha?

Give more PT to Oden, after seeing him play well against Mutombo I was pretty impressed. I want to see how he stands against Yao. If I remember correctly, at times Aldridge was playing C and guarding Yao? Get Oden in there!!!
gyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:02 AM   #5
draftmeplease
Can barely lace up my sneakers

draftmeplease has an OK reputation so far

Official TrailBlazers game 1 review:

FAIL!!!!!

-sincerely,
a laker fan.
draftmeplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:27 AM   #6
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftmeplease

FAIL!!!!!

-sincerely,
a laker fan.

but dont forget: a team has to win four times to advance. it is far from being over
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:27 AM   #7
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftmeplease

FAIL!!!!!

-sincerely,
a laker fan.

why would a lakers fan have his first post n a blazers forum
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:11 AM   #8
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
why would a lakers fan have his first post n a blazers forum

I don't know, but there was an article out of LA a month back or so about how the Lakers don't care about the Blazers and don't view them as a rival. Sometimes their fans show up to prove that author wrong.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:41 AM   #9
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I don't know, but there was an article out of LA a month back or so about how the Lakers don't care about the Blazers and don't view them as a rival. Sometimes their fans show up to prove that author wrong.
gotcha

anyways iam not a blazers fan(warriors)iam rooting for the rockets in this series cuz i want yao to get out of the first round

but if the blazers win i wouldnt be mad at all i just want someone besides the lakers going to the finals
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:52 PM   #10
AznTacoLover
College superstar

AznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

we took that lost but in the next game we made it into a win.
AznTacoLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:34 AM   #11
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

showed in game 3 that mcmillan still doesnt trust fernandez,proves he made a wrong choice goingt to the nba.he was cruising playing real well and when they got close and there was 4 minutes left he took him off for the all important final minutes ,were he obviously thinks a european player in his rookie season won't cope! what a load of bollocks,Rudy has more experience at playing in those conditions than most of the rest of the blazers.Maybe this will make Rudy realise he is better off in europe and come back!
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:10 AM   #12
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

Yeah, I KNEW I would draw some comments with my last interjection regarding Ha.........sorry, I've got a soft spot for the big Korean!!!
Old 04-25-2009, 11:21 AM   #13
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
showed in game 3 that mcmillan still doesnt trust fernandez,proves he made a wrong choice goingt to the nba.he was cruising playing real well and when they got close and there was 4 minutes left he took him off for the all important final minutes ,were he obviously thinks a european player in his rookie season won't cope! what a load of bollocks,Rudy has more experience at playing in those conditions than most of the rest of the blazers.Maybe this will make Rudy realise he is better off in europe and come back!

A rookie year never "proves" anything. I agree that McMillan should trust Rudy more, but 1 year (or even one game) does not prove he made the wrong choice. It won't be long before Rudy is given that kind of respect and I'm sure Rudy, like many others, wants to see how well he can thrive in the best league in the world.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:33 AM   #14
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
A rookie year never "proves" anything. I agree that McMillan should trust Rudy more, but 1 year (or even one game) does not prove he made the wrong choice. It won't be long before Rudy is given that kind of respect and I'm sure Rudy, like many others, wants to see how well he can thrive in the best league in the world.
But coaches in the nba dont realise that these rookies are not proper rookies,look at scola,marc gasol,pau gasol,sabonis etc all these players know what it is to play in similar conditions,it's crazy coaches in the nba dont see that,luckily for the rockets Scola is now a pillar in their system.Adelman knows exactly what he can get from him.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #15
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
But coaches in the nba dont realise that these rookies are not proper rookies,look at scola,marc gasol,pau gasol,sabonis etc all these players know what it is to play in similar conditions,it's crazy coaches in the nba dont see that,luckily for the rockets Scola is now a pillar in their system.Adelman knows exactly what he can get from him.

I understand that, but I was just pointing out that being misused in 1 season doesn't mean it was the wrong choice to go to the NBA.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: