Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-28-2009, 01:14 PM   #1
kingpala

Default Never trust mechanics.

Sent my car to get an oil change, and mutha fuchkas made me wait 1 hour and then told me they never had a chance to do it. Ok, I'm a reasonable guy. I left. Came back 2 days later for the appointment and they fuhcking had my car for 2 hours!! For a fuhcking oil change! Are you fuhcking kidding me? It takes 20 minutes and I could do it myself if I had the tools and willpower.

So after 2 days of driving the car around, I noticed sputtering of the engine when I turned the car on. Oil was changed, so why was it sputtering still? Car people know what I'm talking about. Anyway, yesterday the car would not start at all. Just vibrated and shut off by itself. Thought it was the battery at first, because I just changed the fuhcking oil. Turns out they had not tightened the oil filter and the whole fluid was leaking through. If I had driven more, my engine would be dead right now and I'd be out 11k.

What a bunch of fuhcking dickheads. Apparently they thought I was some sort of idiot, but I had my friend look over it and everything is done now. Maybe they thought they could probably get me to come back to check what's wrong and they would probably have charged me for a new oil filter. I don't think so.

Haven't had a chance to go back, but I plan to barge in today and throw a tantrum in front of the manager and ask for my money back. They definitely lost a whole line of customers as my whole family goes to the same place. Fuhck them. That's it for my rant.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:16 PM   #2
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Never trust mechanics.

I don't trust anyone other than myself and family with my vehicle. I either do it myself, or drop it off at my uncle's garage and he does it at his leisure while we hang out and drink beers.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You should of been tipped to never come back after waiting 1 hour. I sure as hell would have never came back. I know when I go to my mechanic I take him the filter and the oil. As soon as I get there, he takes a break from a bigger job and raises my car and within 15 minutes changes everything that needs to be changed plus inspects my car from the bottom.

You should always have a mechanic you can trust. Sure, they might be a little bit more expensive for things such as changing the oil, but at least you know that you can ALWAYS trust them. With my car, I've changed belts, pumps, brakes, etc and everything is always done correctly.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:20 PM   #4
kingpala

Yeah. I can trust my friend but his place is farther compared to this one, which is 5 minutes away. Never again though.

You know what they did to my dad? They told him they changed the oil, and gave the car back but they didn't change the sticker. So he looked over the car and found out that they didn't change the oil... He sounds like an immigrant working for the Russian mafia so they gave him a free change of oil. Funny thing is they left the cap off after they returned the car... What a buncha dick5.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #5
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Is this place a local joint or a Jiffy Lube type place?

And come to think of it, I really only trust a few of my family members with my vehicle, and coincidentally, they're all men, and their names either start with: Dad, or Uncle.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #6
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpala
Yeah. I can trust my friend but his place is farther compared to this one, which is 5 minutes away. Never again though.

You know what they did to my dad? They told him they changed the oil, and gave the car back but they didn't change the sticker. So he looked over the car and found out that they didn't change the oil... He sounds like an immigrant working for the Russian mafia so they gave him a free change of oil. Funny thing is they left the cap off after they returned the car... What a buncha dick5.

Yeah, this is why I don't trust just any idiot. Something as simple as changing the oil can be screwed up. I could do it, but honestly I'm lazy and rather pay someone else to do it.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:22 PM   #7
kingpala

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Is this place a local joint or a Jiffy Lube type place?

And come to think of it, I really only trust a few of my family members with my vehicle, and coincidentally, they're all men, and their names either start with: Dad, or Uncle.

This place, believe it or not, is Honda Dealership. A multi-billion dollar car company cannot even get it right. Fuhck them.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:23 PM   #8
ElPigto
*****istrator

Quote:
This place, believe it or not, is Honda Dealership. A multi-billion dollar car company cannot even get it right. Fuhck them.

Not every dealership has good mechanics.

www.driveaccord.net

I think this website has recommendations for good and bad dealerships as long as you are within the dealerships the posters have gone to.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:24 PM   #9
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:

Never trust the dealership.

My dad is a car guy, always relied on himself to do everything. He needed an oil change once and was way too busy to do it himself so he dropped it off at the Chevy dealership. He picked it up a few hours later and and about 2 seconds on the road, oil started to fly out of the engine all over the place. The dealership had left the oil cap off on the engine. Good one, Chevy!
Old 04-28-2009, 01:25 PM   #10
kingpala

Yea. I'm actually a member there. Anyway, gotta run to class! later
Old 04-28-2009, 01:28 PM   #11
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've had hits and misses on mechanics. Couple years ago I had to get my transmission fixed. Guy I normally go to wanted $700 for it and was going to use 2nd hand parts. Uncle recommended this other dude, he charged $300 and used brand new parts.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:52 PM   #12
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I don't trust anyone other than myself and family with my vehicle. I either do it myself, or drop it off at my uncle's garage and he does it at his leisure while we hang out and drink beers.
Same thing here, I actually have to know the mechanic before I let him work on my car.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:20 PM   #13
FarmarFan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

FarmarFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
I've had hits and misses on mechanics. Couple years ago I had to get my transmission fixed. Guy I normally go to wanted $700 for it and was going to use 2nd hand parts. Uncle recommended this other dude, he charged $300 and used brand new parts.

300 for a new transmission + labor sounds wayyy to cheap, are you sure it wasn't rebuilt?
FarmarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:27 PM   #14
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmarFan
300 for a new transmission + labor sounds wayyy to cheap, are you sure it wasn't rebuilt?
It wasn't a brand new transmission, just the transmission computer that had to be replaced. Damn car was stuck in 3rd gear.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:05 PM   #15
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

find a good mechanic you know wont jerk u and then keep goin there. my alternator was done and my friend suggested i visit his mechanic (who was also his friend).. dude tried to charge me $805. i looked around found the alternator myself and got my regular mechanic to install it. cost me $240

on another note... do you guys tip your mechanics?
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: