Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-29-2009, 10:31 AM   #1
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Am I insensative?

A week ago my wife's grandmother passed away. She was very close to her although she lives in Seattle. I've met her on several occasions, all very brief and pretty ackward considering she can't speak english. My wife is pretty torn up about this and I'm trying to show support and even bought my mother-in-law flowers. Because I never knew her well I can't really show emotion.
They're flying to Seattle today for the viewing and the funeral. My wife, son and in-laws are going, but I'm staying home. Mostly because I'd feel ackward being around her family and not showing any emotion. Also I committed to having my friends over to watch the Manny Pacquiao fight on Sat.

Am I being insensative? Be honest.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Am I insensative?

We all deal with death differently.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:34 AM   #3
QuickTrigger
Banned

QuickTrigger has decent reputationQuickTrigger has decent reputation

Didn't you "wife" leave you a long time ago? Why would you go? Get over it.
QuickTrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:35 AM   #4
PK3434
Good Golly!

PK3434 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
A week ago my wife's grandmother passed away. She was very close to her although she lives in Seattle. I've met her on several occasions, all very brief and pretty ackward considering she can't speak english. My wife is pretty torn up about this and I'm trying to show support and even bought my mother-in-law flowers. Because I never knew her well I can't really show emotion.
They're flying to Seattle today for the viewing and the funeral. My wife, son and in-laws are going, but I'm staying home. Mostly because I'd feel ackward being around her family and not showing any emotion. Also I committed to having my friends over to watch the Manny Pacquiao fight on Sat.

Am I being insensative? Be honest.

No, I think you are okay. I was very close to my grandparents, but when they died I didn't show much emotion, mostly because I realize that old people tend to die a lot...It is usually their time to go.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:37 AM   #5
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

naaaa.

people expect us to be sensitive about every thing out there and if you dont cry a river these days, they label you as a prick or something. We are surrounded by hallmark cards and the gay generation that is making a guy be a guy harder.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:39 AM   #6
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't think it's a matter of you not feeling any emotion over it one way or another, but i'm sure your wife expects you to go with her just so you can be supportive and help her through a difficult time.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:43 AM   #7
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No you obviously ain't got a good relationship, and who da phuck carez about geyzers their past their prime, just live yo life ayyy keep on gettin ur pay-per (view)
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:55 AM   #8
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
No you obviously ain't got a good relationship, and who da phuck carez about geyzers their past their prime, just live yo life ayyy keep on gettin ur pay-per (view)

Ouch. Now that's insensative.

BTW, your avy looks like a pen!$ spewing out a dudes mouth. Sick.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:56 AM   #9
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It was supposed to be a lesbian kissing gif.

Sh!t messed up. But for real hateraid don't have any guilt. There's no way you could possibly give a f*ck because you two never really sat down and talekd, and this situation calls for a facade of consideration. I'm a very nice person in real life, and my 'rents have forced me to attend funerals about people I've hardly met over the year. It's just boring and unnecessary via Machiavellan perspective.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:59 AM   #10
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You don't have to moarn when someone you don't care about dies. It's natural, you just didn't know the woman, But you say yourself that your wife is torn up about this and you just need to be with her in times like that.

Watching Manny Pacquiao on TV is not really a good reason to not be there for your wife.

To be honest, I'd be pretty pissed if I had to go to my dad's funeral, and my spouse stays at home because "she wasn't that close to him" and Dancing with the Stars is on this weekend.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:07 AM   #11
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

not emoting is fine.

skipping a funeral for Pinoy #1's fight, hmm...
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:08 AM   #12
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Makes you wonder how many people will be at our own funerals because someone made them go.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:34 AM   #13
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yeah, thats a pretty dick move. it shouldnt matter if you are uncomfortable or didnt know her. You are there for your wife and the support she needs. and the excuse of the PPV fight? weak. expect divorce papers.
boozehound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #14
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
yeah, thats a pretty dick move. it shouldnt matter if you are uncomfortable or didnt know her. You are there for your wife and the support she needs. and the excuse of the PPV fight? weak. expect divorce papers.

I agree. In fact, the guy who's got enough seperation to not openly mourn provides a service in that he can veer her away from dwelling on stuff and help her get through it.

You really should be there.

Give your buddies the keys to your house, let them come over and watch the fight. Tell em to clean up after. They'll understand.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:31 PM   #15
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Yes, pretty insensitive. Your wife is obviously going through a tough time and she needs you to support her. I'm sure her family doesn't expect to be sobbing while you are there, seeing as though you didn't really know the woman. Plus, you being in a stable condition could probably help your wife a lot who's probably on an emotional roller coaster right now.

But watching a boxing match with your friends instead of being with your wife during a tought time is going to seem insensitive.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: