Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 04-30-2009, 01:22 AM   #1
Attila
National High School Star

Default Possible Targets This Off Season

Who do you guys think Joe and rest of management will target? Who do you think we will draft? Personally I'm hoping for a big man, doubt we get a good one tho.
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:29 AM   #2
Kombo
:)

Default Re: Possible Targets This Off Season

Raymond Felton
Jarret Jack
Charlie Villanueva
Marvin Williams
Carlos Boozer
Rasho Nesterovic

Just guys I'd look at to fill various roles. I wouldn't break the bank for any of them as most are restricted anyway. Boozer, I love his game but is way too injury prone for me to get overly excited about.

Pipe dream:

Hamilton For Felton(S+T) and Raja Bell.
Prince, Afflalo, Johnson and picks for Bosh.

Felton/Bynum/Stuckey
Stuckey/Bell
????/Bell
Bosh/Maxiell
Maxiell/Kwame

/shrug
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:32 AM   #3
dd24
College superstar

Giving up Hamilton for Felton & Bell would be a huge loss for Detroit. There's no way Joe D does that trade. I don't think Felton is a good fit in Detroit. I think there's a possibility that he could be out of Charlotte because of Augustin but he's definately not a championship caliber starting PG. I think we should stick with Stuckey. Lets hope he improves. It's our best chance at this point. I think Chandler and Bosh should be our #1 targets. Okur is very high on my list too. We should have never let him go. Then I would say it has to be Boozer. There could always be trade talks for Amare too, but I don't like what he brings to the table defensively.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:46 AM   #4
embersyc
Lurker

I know Dumars is saying Stuckey is the point guard, but I think we should sign Andre Miller, make Stuckey the 2 and trade Rip for a bigman.
embersyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:54 AM   #5
dd24
College superstar

I like Miller a lot but I don't think Stuckey will be as successful in the league as a 2 gaurd than a PG. Plus Rip is definitely a better 2 gaurd than Stuckey and he's still young enough to be around for a while. Miller is a good short term solution for a team. He must be about 34 now so he isn't going to have much time left in the league. If we could get him cheap it would certainly be worth it although we could have a log jam with him, Stuckey, and Bynum. If we just focus on getting some good big men than things will come easier for Stuckey since defenses won't be able to focus on him as much.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:58 PM   #6
Kombo
:)

The reason why I'd do Hamilton for Bell/Felton is Bell is an expirer for 2010.

Realistically, I see none of the big names coming to Detroit, but it could be used to work a deal mid season.

Also it frees us from Hamilton's now mega contract. Charlotte would maybe see that as an asset so he wouldn't walk away but for the Pistons I think it's a major issue.

What I don't like about our team is that we have absolutely no one who can shoot the three. Hamilton can hit the corner, Prince is inconsistent, and Stuckey won't develop a three until his point guard skills improve. Right now, even if we land a Boozer, defenses could collapse on him every time he touches it.

Felton's three pointer is closer than Stuckey's, Hamilton's or Prince's to becoming a viable weapon. It would also move Stuckey to the two which I hope we realize soon is what we need to do. I think it'll have a Foye like effect on his production.

Mostly, I'm absolutely ready to blow this thing up.
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:21 PM   #7
A. Blackmon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Then I would say it has to be Boozer.

Boozer is injury prone and undersized. He struggles defensively against teams with big frontcourts.

Last edited by A. Blackmon : 05-05-2009 at 11:15 PM.
A. Blackmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:07 PM   #8
dd24
College superstar

Do you mean Boozer? If so than yes I agree. That is why I was putting him at the bottom of the list.

The one rumor that really makes me upset is the Ben Gordon rumor. AI did not work out in Detroit. Gordon's game is essentially the same. An undersized shooting gaurd who can't play defense. He can stay in Chicago. I think that move actually would help Detroit. Hamilton > Gordon.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:16 PM   #9
A. Blackmon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Do you mean Boozer? If so than yes I agree. That is why I was putting him at the bottom of the list.

The one rumor that really makes me upset is the Ben Gordon rumor. AI did not work out in Detroit. Gordon's game is essentially the same. An undersized shooting gaurd who can't play defense. He can stay in Chicago. I think that move actually would help Detroit. Hamilton > Gordon.

I did mean Boozer. Thanks.

This is one thing that I agree with you on.
A. Blackmon is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: