Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-03-2009, 12:39 AM   #1
-primetime-

Default Boyz in the Hood is the greatest thing that John Singleton has ever done...

watching it now...

great flick...
Old 05-03-2009, 12:40 AM   #2
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Boyz in the Hood is the greatest thing that John Singleton has ever done...

Never seen it before?
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:41 AM   #3
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Boyz in the Hood is the greatest thing that John Singleton has ever done...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
watching it now...

great flick...
agreed.

but have you seen higher learning?
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:49 AM   #4
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Pulp Fiction just came on CBC Late Night and even though I want to get up early tomorrow to play ball, I can't help but watch it. And I'm willing to sit through the TV commercials even though I've got the DVD sitting in a binder about three feet away.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:52 AM   #5
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
agreed.

but have you seen higher learning?
Higher Learning was good...if you are a lesbian...

j/k

good flick...NOTHING compared to Boyz

and Busta Rhymz kinda killed it IMO...that isna't the norm black college dude...
Old 05-03-2009, 12:54 AM   #6
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Pulp Fiction just came on CBC Late Night and even though I want to get up early tomorrow to play ball, I can't help but watch it. And I'm willing to sit through the TV commercials even though I've got the DVD sitting in a binder about three feet away.
I have that same issue with Terminator sequels and X-Men...

I have the DVDs...but I have to watch anyway...
Old 05-03-2009, 12:56 AM   #7
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You're watching a movie on TNT that's censored and has commercials? I can't really do that, though I did watch Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle on Comedy Central today.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:57 AM   #8
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
You're watching a movie on TNT that's censored and has commercials?
yeah...

but I have seen it multiple times...

this isn't my first...
Old 05-03-2009, 12:58 AM   #9
blasian
The Afrocentric Asian

blasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation here

Agreed. Its a shame how his career turned out.

Only other great movie he made was Rosewood imo. Everything else ranges from decent to terrible
blasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:40 AM   #10
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yeah i actually think most of his stuff is extra corny and sh*tty but Boyz N The Hood was unique and is basically a landmark "classic". I liked Higher Learning too (second best thing Ice Cube ever did on film, Cole Hauser/Michael Rappaport were awesome, Busta was hilarious, and where's Omar Epps been?) but the dialouge is almost intolerably corny to me if i watch it now. Rosewood, okay. The rest are pretty bad.

Anyways, yeah, Boyz N The Hood is great. RICKY! RICKYYY!

Second best "90's LA Gangster era" movie ever was... Menace 2 Society?

Last edited by Lamar Doom : 05-03-2009 at 01:55 AM.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:51 AM   #11
D-Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
watching it now...

great flick...

Wow... I just got done watching the ending of that movie on TNT (TNT right?)

Doughboy at the end of the movie said it best... He wasn't even sastisfied on getting revenge. It just keeps going and going, and then somebody is gonna try to smoke him (and he was murdered 2 weeks later).

Good movie... but I think the message John Singleton tried to express to the community back fired on him... and everybody wanted to be more gangsta after that movie, instead realizing how stupid it is.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:49 PM   #12
Gundress
Banned

Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Shark
Wow... I just got done watching the ending of that movie on TNT (TNT right?)

Doughboy at the end of the movie said it best... He wasn't even sastisfied on getting revenge. It just keeps going and going, and then somebody is gonna try to smoke him (and he was murdered 2 weeks later).

Good movie... but I think the message John Singleton tried to express to the community back fired on him... and everybody wanted to be more gangsta after that movie, instead realizing how stupid it is.

John Singleton said himself in the interview, that movie was about "Blood vs Crip". Doughboy is a crip. and he has beef with blood. the dudes who shot his brother were blood.
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: