Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2009, 05:09 PM   #1
wadeshaqcook
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 58
wadeshaqcook has an OK reputation so far
Default Official trade rumors/trade ideas thread of 2009 offseason

The off season has started since the miami heat are out of the playoffs.Instead of having random trade rumors/trade ideas scattered about, let's keep them all in one thread. Propose different (but realistic) scenerios. Put some thought into your trade ideas. Fire away!



Be like Pat Riley

Remember you never know what Pat is going to do.

Use the new espn trade machine to put your trades together

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine
wadeshaqcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:46 PM   #2
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....
 
beasted86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: So-Fla PSN:Ghostfaced
Posts: 7,487
beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Official trade rumors/trade ideas thread of 2009 offseason

The trade machine has alot of players blocked out... I'm guessing until next season starts, or atleast until July when all teams can start trading again.

But my suggestion would be for Pat to start looking to trade Dorrell, Blount, Haslem & possibly even Cook for the right pieces (backup C, and starting PG).
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:39 PM   #3
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....
 
beasted86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: So-Fla PSN:Ghostfaced
Posts: 7,487
beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Official trade rumors/trade ideas thread of 2009 offseason

Well from an article I just read... it seems the Heat will do exactly what I feared... and that's going cheap, and trying to run with the same team next year.

Link: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
Quote:
Other highlights of Riley’s nearly hourlong interview session included:

— He will consider making moves to acquire a first-round draft pick. Miami currently does not have a pick in the first round of next month’s NBA draft.

— The Heat may go into next season with 13 players under contract, if that’s what it takes to stay under the luxury-tax threshold.

— Even though longtime starting forward Udonis Haslem(notes) is entering the final year of his contract, Riley did not sound overly interested in trading the Miami native who’s extremely popular among Heat fans. “You don’t want to move Udonis,” Riley said.


With that talk of 13 players, it likely means they have no intention of spending the Mid Level Exemption this offseason. I'm going to be really pissed if one of the elite 5 veteran PGs (Iverson, Kidd, Nash, Miller, Bibby) sign for the MLE on another team, knowing full well the Heat had the chance.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:33 AM   #4
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star
 
Lord Leoshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bizzaro world
Posts: 1,325
Lord Leoshes has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Official trade rumors/trade ideas thread of 2009 offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
Well from an article I just read... it seems the Heat will do exactly what I feared... and that's going cheap, and trying to run with the same team next year.

Link: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns


With that talk of 13 players, it likely means they have no intention of spending the Mid Level Exemption this offseason. I'm going to be really pissed if one of the elite 5 veteran PGs (Iverson, Kidd, Nash, Miller, Bibby) sign for the MLE on another team, knowing full well the Heat had the chance.



Would you risk 2010 for one of those PGs? If they signed for only 1 year then id be cool with it.
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:33 PM   #5
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....
 
beasted86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: So-Fla PSN:Ghostfaced
Posts: 7,487
beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Official trade rumors/trade ideas thread of 2009 offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Leoshes
Would you risk 2010 for one of those PGs? If they signed for only 1 year then id be cool with it.

How exactly does signing anyone for the mid-level exemption risk 2010?

The total in guaranteed salary for 2010 is only $12.6M in total contracts (Beasley, Jones, Cook & Chalmers). Even if they added the full mid-level exemption, which is $5.5M, it would only bring the total to $18.1M heading into the 2010 offseason.

That leaves roughly $40M to re-sign Wade, and add another superstar. Spending the MLE does not affect their 2010 goals of bringing in another all-star to pair with Wade... the only issue it brings is pushing the Heat into the luxury tax for the 2009 season.

Now I understand the economic strain the Heat & other NBA teams are going through, and I agree it with Riley & Arison's stand that it would be foolish to go into the luxury for a piece that would not "push them to the next level". But at the same time, if you can get a former all-star of the caliber of one of those 5 PGs (Bibby/Iverson/Kidd/Miller/Nash), then it would be worth it.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:11 PM   #6
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star
 
Lord Leoshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bizzaro world
Posts: 1,325
Lord Leoshes has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Official trade rumors/trade ideas thread of 2009 offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
How exactly does signing anyone for the mid-level exemption risk 2010?

The total in guaranteed salary for 2010 is only $12.6M in total contracts (Beasley, Jones, Cook & Chalmers). Even if they added the full mid-level exemption, which is $5.5M, it would only bring the total to $18.1M heading into the 2010 offseason.

That leaves roughly $40M to re-sign Wade, and add another superstar. Spending the MLE does not affect their 2010 goals of bringing in another all-star to pair with Wade... the only issue it brings is pushing the Heat into the luxury tax for the 2009 season.

Now I understand the economic strain the Heat & other NBA teams are going through, and I agree it with Riley & Arison's stand that it would be foolish to go into the luxury for a piece that would not "push them to the next level". But at the same time, if you can get a former all-star of the caliber of one of those 5 PGs (Bibby/Iverson/Kidd/Miller/Nash), then it would be worth it.





What you failed to realize is that then we would only have 6, players. That's it, unless we go over the cap & fill out our team with CBA MIN players, which we would have to do. & we all know that Mickey Arison does not want to do that.

For 2010

Beasley = $4,962,240
Jones = $4,640,000 (If we keep him, if not ) Around $2 mil. Partial
guaranteed.
Cook = $2,169,856
Chalmers = $847,000

That's = $12,619,096

Now add
Wade = $18mill
+ two 2009 2nd round picks = 1mil
+ 2010 1st, & 2nd = $2 1/2mil

now we are at = $34,119,096

add another max player at 16, to 18 mill and we have .

= $52,119,096

& that's for 10 players.
The cap will be around $55 mil so even if we sign 5 MIN players we will be over by at least 3 mill.

Now do you understand why we need to be careful with how we spend any money this year?

Last edited by Lord Leoshes : 05-20-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:27 PM   #7
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....
 
beasted86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: So-Fla PSN:Ghostfaced
Posts: 7,487
beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Official trade rumors/trade ideas thread of 2009 offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Leoshes
What you failed to realize is that then we would only have 6, players. That's it, unless we go over the cap & fill out our team with CBA MIN players, which we would have to do. & we all know that Mickey Arison does not want to do that.

For 2010

Beasley = $4,962,240
Jones = $4,640,000 (If we keep him, if not ) Around $2 mil. Partial
guaranteed.
Cook = $2,169,856
Chalmers = $847,000

That's = $12,619,096

Now add
Wade = $18mill
+ two 2009 2nd round picks = 1mil
+ 2010 1st, & 2nd = $2 1/2mil

now we are at = $34,119,096

add another max player at 16, to 18 mill and we have .

= $52,119,096

& that's for 10 players.
The cap will be around $55 mil so even if we sign 5 MIN players we will be over by at least 3 mill.

Now do you understand why we need to be careful with how we spend any money this year?

The cap right now is $58.6M... your saying 2 years from now... it will be down $3M? Even if so.... Let's just take your idea on it.

My idea for 2010 would be:

Beasley = $4,962,240
Jones = $4,640,000
Cook = $2,169,856
Chalmers = $847,000

Wade = ~$18M (first year)
Bosh = ~18M (first year)
PG in 2009 = $5.5M

Total= $53M
Backup PF/C = 2010's mid-level (probably O'Neal or Haslem or another PF/C)

That's 8 players, making up the core rotation. , 2010 first & second round draft picks... bringing it to 10, and the other 3-4 players are veteran/low level/minimum salary guys. Every championship team usually has 5-7 guys making the minimum. Look at Boston's current roster: Rondo, Davis, Powe, Marbury, Walker, Moore are all minimum/rookie/low level guys, yet are part of the main rotation.

Last edited by beasted86 : 05-20-2009 at 03:32 PM.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:48 AM   #8
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star
 
G-train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,857
G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Official trade rumors/trade ideas thread of 2009 offseason

I hope we dont waste our money on Bosh. Beasley is going to be our star four man.
We need to aim for Lebron, Amare or Ming.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:59 AM   #9
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....
 
beasted86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: So-Fla PSN:Ghostfaced
Posts: 7,487
beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Official trade rumors/trade ideas thread of 2009 offseason

LeBron is the farthest longshot ever, and Ming has already said he plans to finish his career in Houston.

Now onto Bosh vs. Amare: Bosh did a good job during the olympics guarding centers, and often guarded opposing centers before the JO trade to Toronto, and now that he plays alongside Bargnani, he also guards opposing centers. So it's something he's grown accustomed to, even if not neccessarily comfortable with. Amare came straight out and said he dislikes playing center, and doesn't want to do it again.

But on the other hand, although Bosh is a better half-court isolation player, Amare is the much better pick & roll player... and that's mainly what the Heat run. He's also is good in the open court, and I really think the Heat should run a quicker pace... it would help Wade, Cook, & Chalmers out alot. So it's really a toss up between them. But the main thing that still makes me want Bosh over Amare is his defense as a center. That would allow Beasley to stick to his natural position as a PF, and bring Bosh in as a starting center to replace JO. Plus, half court offense is what wins in the playoffs.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:49 PM   #10
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star
 
Lord Leoshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bizzaro world
Posts: 1,325
Lord Leoshes has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Official trade rumors/trade ideas thread of 2009 offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
The cap right now is $58.6M... your saying 2 years from now... it will be down $3M? Even if so.... Let's just take your idea on it.

My idea for 2010 would be:

Beasley = $4,962,240
Jones = $4,640,000
Cook = $2,169,856
Chalmers = $847,000

Wade = ~$18M (first year)
Bosh = ~18M (first year)
PG in 2009 = $5.5M

Total= $53M
Backup PF/C = 2010's mid-level (probably O'Neal or Haslem or another PF/C)

That's 8 players, making up the core rotation. , 2010 first & second round draft picks... bringing it to 10, and the other 3-4 players are veteran/low level/minimum salary guys. Every championship team usually has 5-7 guys making the minimum. Look at Boston's current roster: Rondo, Davis, Powe, Marbury, Walker, Moore are all minimum/rookie/low level guys, yet are part of the main rotation.


We will not have the mid level, or low level exception. But we should have JO, & Haslems bird rights. Still that's $53 mil on 7 players. & that's without resigning Haslem, or JO.
I wouldn't mind going a little over the cap to fill out our roster, but Mickey , & Pat do not. & what they say goes.
The point is we can not spend that money this year unless it,s for a player that will make Pat, & Mickey say fu<k 2010.
& as free agents go, i dont see any out there that will do that, but you never know, we mite trade some of our expiering for that player & not worry about 2010.
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 01:09 PM   #11
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....
 
beasted86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: So-Fla PSN:Ghostfaced
Posts: 7,487
beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Official trade rumors/trade ideas thread of 2009 offseason

We will have the mid-level every year.... and might have the low-level exemption (if the Heat don't spend it in 2009).

Anyhow... it looks like the Heat are going the bottom feeder route in their PG selection. Here's an excerpt from the Miami Herald:

Quote:
• The Heat -- which has auditioned several potential second-round point guards (France's Rodrique Beaubois , Arkansas/Ukraine's Patrick Beverley , BC's Tyrese Rice, Gonzaga's Jeremy Pargo) --- will watch for Jamaal Tinsley's July 27 grievance hearing. He could be set free in late summer if an arbitrator forces the Pacers to play him (which they won't) or buy him out.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:58 PM   #12
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star
 
Lord Leoshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bizzaro world
Posts: 1,325
Lord Leoshes has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Official trade rumors/trade ideas thread of 2009 offseason

You still don't get it. It,s not that we don't have it, but that we cant use it. If we do we go over the cap & have to pay the dollar for dollar cap.
By league rules we can use the MID, & LOW level exception, but Pat, & Mickey will not use it, unless we make a trade that will clear out some money so we wont go over the cap.
Do you understand now?
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:44 PM   #13
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....
 
beasted86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: So-Fla PSN:Ghostfaced
Posts: 7,487
beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Official trade rumors/trade ideas thread of 2009 offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Leoshes
You still don't get it. It,s not that we don't have it, but that we cant use it. If we do we go over the cap & have to pay the dollar for dollar cap.
By league rules we can use the MID, & LOW level exception, but Pat, & Mickey will not use it, unless we make a trade that will clear out some money so we wont go over the cap.
Do you understand now?

My apology... it's just you made it seem like we wouldn't have the mid-level in 2010.... not talking about this year in 2009 when we may hit luxury:

Quote:
We will not have the mid level, or low level exception. But we should have JO, & Haslems bird rights. Still that's $53 mil on 7 players. & that's without resigning Haslem, or JO.

I understand we'll have the bird rights to sign Haslem or JO, and won't need to use the mid-level on either of them, but we could use it on another player. That's all I was trying to make clear.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:27 PM   #14
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star
 
Lord Leoshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bizzaro world
Posts: 1,325
Lord Leoshes has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Official trade rumors/trade ideas thread of 2009 offseason

We will have it this year, but not 2010 cause we will be under the tax.
Its only given to those teams over the cap.
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:33 PM   #15
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....
 
beasted86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: So-Fla PSN:Ghostfaced
Posts: 7,487
beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Official trade rumors/trade ideas thread of 2009 offseason

After re-signing Wade, hopefully signing Bosh, and re-signing either Haslem or JO, the Heat WILL be over the cap. There is no deadline or timetable limiting the Heat from using the MLE in 2010. Atleast not according to the NBA Salary Cap FAQ.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:20 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy