Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 05-11-2009, 05:47 AM   #1
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Silverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Even down 0-3 in this series...

...we have to stand up and make history.

I believe!
Silverbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:51 AM   #2
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Even down 0-3 in this series...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullit
...we have to stand up and make history.

I believe!

On the morning after one of the more controversial nights of the NBA playoffs, Doc Rivers sent a message to his team: If we have a foul to give, make sure you commit it the right way.
In other words, not the Wright way.
The controversial ending to Saturday night's Nuggets-Mavericks game was one of the primary topics of discussion at the Celtics' morning shootaround Sunday, with the teaching emphasis on having players use both arms to wrap up an opposing player on the perimeter to ensure the referee whistles the foul.
"The wrap-up also takes longer than raking a guy across the arms, and it reduces the chance that he can get off an attempt and get three foul shots," Rivers said.
In the Nuggets-Mavs game, Antoine Wright appeared to intentionally foul Denver's Carmelo Anthony twice when Dallas had a foul to give, and the NBA took the highly unusual action of issuing a statement after the game saying the referees had not made the correct call.
Among the Celtics' players, the lingering impression was that Wright was as much at fault as anyone because he did not commit the foul in the proper manner -- especially when he had the perfect opportunity at the moment when Anthony bobbled the ball before regaining control and sinking the game-winning shot.
It is customary procedure for coaches to inform referees, at the end of a timeout, that there will be an intentional foul given. Referees will not "anticipate" an intentional foul. "I always tell one referee, and all three if I can get their attention, that we'll be giving a foul," Nuggets coach George Karl said Sunday
Chauncey Billups rhetorically asked Sunday that if Wright indeed fouled Anthony, "why did he hold up both hands and act like he hadn't done anything?" Billups demonstrated Wright's reaction (as if surrendering with raised hands in a stagecoach robbery). "If he wanted to foul, put Carmelo in a bearhug," Billups said
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:08 AM   #3
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We both know that you truly don't believe this.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:55 AM   #4
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

1-3 now. If Mavs can keep the game close on Wednesday(which is doubtful), then who knows, they might just be able to steal one. Seeing how no one has been able to contain Dirk throughout this series, when he's shots are on, look out because he's more than capable of taking over a game at anytime. Of course he can't do it alone for 48 minutes, someone else has to step up big time. If they steal game 5, then momentum obviously shifts back to Dallas for game 6. Let's see how this turns out.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:12 PM   #5
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

There's no way he has 5 amazing games in a row, I'm calling it!:

Dirk has his first "bad" game of the series, game 5!
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:58 AM   #6
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Silverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geandily
There's no way he has 5 amazing games in a row, I'm calling it!:

Dirk has his first "bad" game of the series, game 5!

I don't have a problem with a bad playing Dirk, if the Mavericks grab the win
Silverbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #7
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan

We both know that you truly don't believe this.

Kinda wishing I didn't say that. Looks like I got a bit too confident before game 4

Still am pretty confident we close the series out tonight, but if the Mavs win then I'm going to be pretty shaky.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: