Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 05-14-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
SixersFan76
I hit open 5-footers

SixersFan76 has an OK reputation so far
Default Sixer Trade Proposals

If the Clippers land themselves the second or third pick and get Ricky Rubio, an 18 year old PG from Spain, they will be driving hard to move Davis. There are also rumors out of Clipper land that they would move Kaman as he's rubbed a number of people in that organization the wrong way. The financial risk is huge and the injury risk is as well, but Ainge took a huge risk when he traded his young players for aging veterans and he gave up good young players at that.

A deal of Dalembert, Green, Evans, and Ivey to the Clippers for:

Baron Davis, Chris Kaman, DeAndre Jordan, Mardy Collins and a future first round pick would work under the cap.

Clippers get to move a lot of salary in that deal and Sixers get the two best players, both of whom have injury concerns.

However, that would free up the team to use it's first round pick to draft a kid like Chase Budinger, and enable the Sixers to sign a shooter like Von Wafer. We'd also have more freedom to move Lou Williams if a great offer presents itself.

A team with Davis, Iguodala, Kaman, Young, and Brand - presuming everyone is healthy.

With Williams, Wafer, Smith, Budinger, and Speights off the bench, Collins and Jordan as the 5th guard and 3rd center, and two veterans for leadership to duplicate the roles played by Ratliff and Marshall last season - say Malik Rose and Bobby Jackson for example, would in theory be good enough to possibly end up in the Conference Finals in the East if players stay healthy and gel.
SixersFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:57 PM   #2
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Sixer Trade Proposals

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixersFan76
A deal of Dalembert, Green, Evans, and Ivey to the Clippers for:

Baron Davis, Chris Kaman, DeAndre Jordan, Mardy Collins and a future first round pick would work under the cap.

You can't be serious with that Clippers have a lot of faith in Jordan, he showed a lot of promise this year. And Kaman can be an All-star in the East. They're not gonna replace that with Dalembert. They could get 20x that value. The future 1st rounder makes it even more unbelievable. We tried to land Kaman at the deadline for Dalembert. I don't think they'd want a straight up trade of Green/Evans/Ivey for Davis/Jordan/Collins/1st rounder either, which is pretty much what it comes down to. Especially when their first rounder is almost always guaranteed to be a lottery pick.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #3
SixersFan76
I hit open 5-footers

4.3 points and 4.5 rebounds a game on a horrendous team is not exactly showing all star potential and the kid that size and with that athleticism who can't drafted in a first round became a second round pick for a reason. He is certainly not key to a deal. In wins, he averaged under 3 points and under 3 rebounds. His numbers were 5 and 5 in losses, where he played in garbage time. Can't think of any instance in the NBA where a rookie second round pick held up a major trade.

You say the Clippers can get more so tell me, in this economy, with the constraints of the salary cap and the injury history of both Davis and Kaman, who out there will take Davis and the $55 million on his contract guaranteed over 4 more years and the 3 years and over $30 million on Kaman's contract and what will they give to the Clippers in return? What team will take a 29 year old PG coming off the worst year of his career and who has twice torn up his knee and has over $55 million on his contract and a center who is coming off a down, injury plagued season and who has 3 years and nearly $34million on his deal. That's a total of $90 million. Unless you support your statement that they can get a better offer, it seems baseless.
The Clippers get a savings of approximately $50 million in that trade. Go ahead and name me an NBA team out there who can make a deal with them that will work under the salary cap and who would be willing to absorb $50 million or more of salary of two injury prone players coming off bad seasons and would at the same time make the Clippers a better offer.

There is a big difference between offering Dalembert for Kaman straight up, a deal where the Clippers give up the better player and save only $10 million in salary, and only because Dalembert has one less year on his deal, and one where the Clippers get the same Dalembert and get to free themselves of over $50 million in contracts, including a terrible contract of Davis, who becomes moot if they draft their PG of the future.

By the way, the fact that Kaman can be in all-star in the East (which he can't and won't because he's not that good, although he's better than Dalembert), has exactly what impact on the Clippers?

As far as future first rounders go, there are two things - one, teams condition their first round picks based on where they fall in the draft and two - Clippers own Minnesota's first round pick, top 10 protected, for 2009 through 2011 and unprotected after that. Clippers can either give up a future lottery protected pick or the rights to Minnesota's pick. Why would they do that? Because they get to free up over $50 million dollars in this economy and have one of the cheapest owners in the league.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:58 PM   #4
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
4.3 points and 4.5 rebounds a game on a horrendous team is not exactly showing all star potential and the kid that size and with that athleticism who can't drafted in a first round became a second round pick for a reason. He is certainly not key to a deal. In wins, he averaged under 3 points and under 3 rebounds. His numbers were 5 and 5 in losses, where he played in garbage time. Can't think of any instance in the NBA where a rookie second round pick held up a major trade.
Don't just look at the stats. And if you're going to, go more in-depth. Mentioning he shot 63% and over a block a game in very limited minutes would help. Also that he averaged 27 mins/7.7 points/8.5 rebounds/2.4 blocks/67fg% in 13 games that he started. He showed flashes of talent, and the Clippers didn't draft a 19 year old center expecting him to be an all-star overnight. He's a prodigy and they know that. He was only a year older than Bynum was as a rookie when he averaged 1.6 ppg/1.7 rpg, just for a comparison. He's a young guy and they'll take their time with him.

Quote:
You say the Clippers can get more so tell me, in this economy, with the constraints of the salary cap and the injury history of both Davis and Kaman, who out there will take Davis and the $55 million on his contract guaranteed over 4 more years and the 3 years and over $30 million on Kaman's contract and what will they give to the Clippers in return? What team will take a 29 year old PG coming off the worst year of his career and who has twice torn up his knee and has over $55 million on his contract and a center who is coming off a down, injury plagued season and who has 3 years and nearly $34million on his deal. That's a total of $90 million. Unless you support your statement that they can get a better offer, it seems baseless.
The Clippers get a savings of approximately $50 million in that trade. Go ahead and name me an NBA team out there who can make a deal with them that will work under the salary cap and who would be willing to absorb $50 million or more of salary of two injury prone players coming off bad seasons and would at the same time make the Clippers a better offer.

The Sixers, Bulls, Suns, Cavs, Heat, Pistons, Bobcats, Mavericks, Warriors, and Kings were all rumored to have interest in either Kaman or Davis at the trade deadline.

Quote:
There is a big difference between offering Dalembert for Kaman straight up, a deal where the Clippers give up the better player and save only $10 million in salary, and only because Dalembert has one less year on his deal, and one where the Clippers get the same Dalembert and get to free themselves of over $50 million in contracts, including a terrible contract of Davis, who becomes moot if they draft their PG of the future.

You're right, but saving money if you're the Clippers doesn't do much when no free agents want to play for you anyway.

Quote:
By the way, the fact that Kaman can be in all-star in the East (which he can't and won't because he's not that good, although he's better than Dalembert), has exactly what impact on the Clippers?

It has no relation to the Clippers. It was just to show how much better he is than Dalembert, the guy they get in return.

Quote:
As far as future first rounders go, there are two things - one, teams condition their first round picks based on where they fall in the draft and two - Clippers own Minnesota's first round pick, top 10 protected, for 2009 through 2011 and unprotected after that. Clippers can either give up a future lottery protected pick or the rights to Minnesota's pick. Why would they do that? Because they get to free up over $50 million dollars in this economy and have one of the cheapest owners in the league.
With Donald Sterling I guess we never know what he's thinking. But giving up 1 of 2 potential lottery picks is a big risk.

I know you're a very intelligent poster, but be serious, this isn't realistic. Post it in the Clippers forum and see what they think.

Last edited by Posterize246 : 05-14-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:50 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Silly trade proposal.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:43 AM   #6
SixersFan76
I hit open 5-footers

Look at the history of trades made by the Clippers since Sterling bought them and his track record with regard to financially motivated transactions. Then look at how his business has been impacted by the economy. At the end, neither Jordan nor a future first round pick would be a make or break deal for the Sixers if they felt that they could compete for a title with Davis, Kaman, Brand, Iggy and and Young, but I also think that there has to be a premium in saving someone $50 million. There have been numerous trades made over the past few seasons that were driven by absolutely nothing else but money and I don't think the Clippers could do better than this.

They are rumored to be offering Davis to Golden State for Maggette, which is a ridiculous move by both teams and won't save the Clippers much money and would add another guy who has become redundant with Gordon and Thornton there. Their only hope going forward as a franchise, short of Sterling selling the team, is to shed salary, save money, draft well, and then use that money to actually keep the guys they drafted for a change by signing them to long term deals - something they won't be able to do with the guys they have on the roster now.

Are the Clippers that desperate to save money? I don't know - I know real estate got slaughtered and Sterling had most of his money in it. I know he is a cheap owner. I know no one else out there that I can think of will make them a better offer in terms of players and contracts they get back, while eating over $50 million and I'm certainly not sure the Sixers would do it. But from the Clippers perspective, it's certainly not as crazy as it sounds - even if they keep Jordan, they likely wouldn't give two thoughts about moving Minnesota's pick - if it remains in the top 10, they won't get it until 2012 anyway.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:17 AM   #7
SixersFan76
I hit open 5-footers

Would Golden State match a 5 year, $20 million offer to CJ Watson and is such a deal worth a risk in your opinions?

Could we get Von Wafer for the LLE on a 3 year deal with a player option for the 3rd year?

Would Shannon Brown come here on a one year deal for the minimum?

Could we get Gerald Green to sign a one year, non-guaranteed contract, with an invite to play in the Summer League?

Would Utah agree to exercise their option on Kyrylo Fesenko and move him to the Sixers for Ivey and a 2nd round pick in 2010 and possibly some cash (maybe enough to pay for half of Ivey's salary)?
Old 05-15-2009, 11:52 AM   #8
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixersFan76
Would Utah agree to exercise their option on Kyrylo Fesenko and move him to the Sixers for Ivey and a 2nd round pick in 2010 and possibly some cash (maybe enough to pay for half of Ivey's salary)?
Didn't we originally draft him?
Old 05-15-2009, 12:15 PM   #9
SixersFan76
I hit open 5-footers

We did. He hasn't had much of a chance to play in Utah, but I've seen him a few times in games, as well as in the Summer League, and he seems like a kid with some ability. He's not particularly athletic, but he's tough, physical, and seems like a kid who could be a decent back up center who rebounds and blocks shots - a thow back type. He also seems like someone who might one day develop into a decent player. He likely will continue to find it tough to get minutes with the Jazz, and they are likely to lose him after this season anyway. Although, until and unless they re-sign Okur, they aren't likely to move him. They drafted Koufos in the first round last year and he looks like he can play. Fesenko was stuck behind Okur, Koufos and Collins and seems exactly the type of kid Sixers should be looking at. Instead of bringing in washed up veterans, I'd rather they took a flier on some young kids with promise and upside for a change. Fesenko fits that category I think. However, if Utah doesn't bring Okur back and isn't intersted in bringing back Collins, Fesenko likely stays put and actually gets some playing time this year.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:57 PM   #10
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
And one last item, referencing a rumor in the Sun Sentinel of Fort Lauderdale: The speculation revolved around the possibility of a deal sending Jermaine O'Neal and Daequan Cook from the Miami Heat to the Sixers for Elton Brand.

The speculation was apparently based on the fact that the Heat had signed Brand to an offer sheet several years ago, only to see the Los Angeles Clippers match. But Stefanski said ''Absolutely not.''

How about the chances that such an offer was made?

''Zero,'' Stefanski said.

Thank Gobb. Jermaine's contract would have been a huge expirer but I'm not really into the whole trading talent for a dump of salary thing. Who's to say that when you're far under the cap that a top free agent is going to want to sign with you? Or that there will even be a top free agent available? It's all unkown, could be just Brand traded for Cook when all said and done.

And I haven't given up on Brand. He's not injury prone, he's had freak accidents. The guy did a front flip over Mbah a Moute's shoulder and got hurt, it's not like he jogged up the court and ruptured an achilles like McGrady seems possible of. And if you think Brand's injury prone check out Jermaine. Playing 68 games this year was an accomplishment.

Cook while being a great shooter is undersized. I'm tired of all these small 2 guards. Iverson, Williams, Green, when the hell we gonna get a 2 guard in Philly who's a legit 6'6"?
Old 06-29-2009, 07:45 AM   #11
nicsman
UK Philadelphian

nicsman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Thank Gobb. Jermaine's contract would have been a huge expirer but I'm not really into the whole trading talent for a dump of salary thing. Who's to say that when you're far under the cap that a top free agent is going to want to sign with you? Or that there will even be a top free agent available? It's all unkown, could be just Brand traded for Cook when all said and done.

And I haven't given up on Brand. He's not injury prone, he's had freak accidents. The guy did a front flip over Mbah a Moute's shoulder and got hurt, it's not like he jogged up the court and ruptured an achilles like McGrady seems possible of. And if you think Brand's injury prone check out Jermaine. Playing 68 games this year was an accomplishment.

Cook while being a great shooter is undersized. I'm tired of all these small 2 guards. Iverson, Williams, Green, when the hell we gonna get a 2 guard in Philly who's a legit 6'6"?

You rang?
nicsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:33 PM   #12
Venja42
Decent playground baller

Venja42 has an OK reputation so far

That Brand trade is impossible.

Brand will makes over $14M next season.

Jermaine O'Neal alone makes a shade under $23M next year.

Not exactly close...
Venja42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:32 PM   #13
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

Blake and another player in sign and trade for Miller is a rumor reported by Ric Bucher, i wouldn't mind that at all. Blake is solid, he can shoot, and he only has a year left on his contract.

As for our plan B if Miller walks, it's Ronnie Price. Not too exciting...
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:25 PM   #14
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Blake (makes about $4.9mil) and who? Outlaw? M.Webster?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:58 PM   #15
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Blake and Webster would be cool with me. Webster's a shooter and I think he came right from HS? So he's probably the same age as Lou.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: