Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-14-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default What is you take on photo-gate?

Quote:
US President Barack Obama has refused the release of photographs of detainee abuse in Iraq and Afghanistan.

President Obama has told reporters that while the photos depict behaviour that did not conform with US Army rules of conduct, the people responsible for the offences have been dealt with.

He said it would do no good to soldiers already in the field in Iraq and Afghanistan if the photographs were publicised.

The American Civil Liberties Union said last month it had asked the Defence Department to release the pictures.

In 2004, photographs were published of US soldiers abusing and humiliating detainees at Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison, sparking outrage around the world.

Eleven US soldiers were sentenced to prison terms of up to 10 years for their involvement.

Quote:
"President Obama did the right thing in opposing the release of photos which would put those protecting us at risk."
Newt Gingrich

Is it hypocritical, prudent, dangerous, disappointing, yet another reason you wish you voted for Ron Paul?
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:06 PM   #2
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: What is you take on photo-gate?

I dont think more photos need to come out.

the public gets the idea... more pictures of US torturing folk is not gonna do us any good

What Obama needs to do is cease renditions and stop the warrantless wiretapping and also he needs to stop with this NAFTA BS...

closing gitmo is nice and so is the end of torture, but the kidnapping and all the other bullsh*t has to stop also
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:31 PM   #3
Bean
Local High School Star

Bean is a pretty well-respected posterBean is a pretty well-respected posterBean is a pretty well-respected poster

Yep, i think people get the idea at this stage. What good would come about of the releasing of them? it would only further blacken Americas name worldwide and also its moral standpoint in the world.

That or conservative pressure
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:47 PM   #4
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I dont think more photos need to come out.

the public gets the idea... more pictures of US torturing folk is not gonna do us any good

What Obama needs to do is cease renditions and stop the warrantless wiretapping and also he needs to stop with this NAFTA BS...

closing gitmo is nice and so is the end of torture, but the kidnapping and all the other bullsh*t has to stop also

Cease, stop, close. Other alternatives??
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:30 PM   #5
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2009/...tos-obama.html

Some of the photos?

WARNING - Graphic Images.

Obama is probably doing the right thing... because I'm sure the rest of the world would hate us even more than they already do.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:59 PM   #6
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

man, tough one, i guess at the end of the day, when it comes to torture, the more outrage the better, release away!
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:16 PM   #7
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

man, some of these soldiers are insane.

i read about a group of guys that gang rapped a 14 year old girl...murdered her family...set their house on fire...and blamed in on the locals.

these types of photos don't do that kind of evil justice. Gitmo is just the tip of a bloody sword.

the worst part of these 2 wars might be the venom instilled in coalition soldiers. that type of hate won't die anytime soon.
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:21 PM   #8
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRabbiT
man, some of these soldiers are insane.

i read about a group of guys that gang rapped a 14 year old girl...murdered her family...set their house on fire...and blamed in on the locals.
In no way am I defending actions such as these. Let me make that abundantly clear.

However, the bottom line with these types of crimes is that we weren't there. We were not subjected to the kind of stuff these soldiers went through day in and out and we have no idea how much being in that type of a situation mindfucked them. We just don't. We have no idea if we wouldn't have split at the seams like that after seeing and participating in some of the godawful stuff that is in their line of work.

Now, maybe that had nothing to do with it. There are plenty of guys over there who see and do the same stuff and never do anything like that. Maybe these guys were psychotics to begin with. But it's a little too easy to just go ahead and dismiss them as complete animals.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:42 PM   #9
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
But it's a little too easy to just go ahead and dismiss them as complete animals.

Agreed. Most men/women in the military are brave and courageous. However, these types of photos show the type of hate that's been rubber stamped by management.
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:48 PM   #10
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

I applaud Obama for trying his best to be transparent within the government like he said he would do. The Bush Administration almost acted like the Nazi secret police with a lot of the things they did. They were so underhanded its crazy people defend them. Including lying to us about torture btw. The lying to America isn't acceptable on any level, i don't care how sensitive it is. I think Cheney is schizophrenic, he should really get evaluated imo. He would've been perfect as the head of the KGB or some evil dictator of some country, not Vice Prez.

I also understand that by releasing them Obama is giving our enemies more ammo to use against us to recruit more terrorists, as well as making them more extremist. Its mostly the very far left pushing him to do it still. I think he realized the negative effect after he initially released the photos, and that is why he changed his opinion. He's not stubborn to a fault, anti-flip flopper insecure like Bush was. Reasonable people change their minds depending on how circumstances change. They are also saying they can't release the photos due to litigation involved since Cheney requested they release the good info we got from waterboarding

Obama is the man
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:33 AM   #11
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
I applaud Obama for trying his best to be transparent within the government like he said he would do. The Bush Administration almost acted like the Nazi secret police with a lot of the things they did. They were so underhanded its crazy people defend them. Including lying to us about torture btw. The lying to America isn't acceptable on any level, i don't care how sensitive it is. I think Cheney is schizophrenic, he should really get evaluated imo. He would've been perfect as the head of the KGB or some evil dictator of some country, not Vice Prez.

I also understand that by releasing them Obama is giving our enemies more ammo to use against us to recruit more terrorists, as well as making them more extremist. Its mostly the very far left pushing him to do it still. I think he realized the negative effect after he initially released the photos, and that is why he changed his opinion. He's not stubborn to a fault, anti-flip flopper insecure like Bush was. Reasonable people change their minds depending on how circumstances change. They are also saying they can't release the photos due to litigation involved since Cheney requested they release the good info we got from waterboarding

Obama is the man

So releasing these photos is going to recruit more terrorists? Probably not. You think they dont already know what US soldiers are doing? Grasping for straws there buddy.

Reasonable people change their minds? More like saying what he needed to say and promise all this fake BS and then when he realizes he was wrong, he doesnt have to reap the repercussions, america does.

Obama needs to grow a pair.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:39 AM   #12
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm two seconds away from posting those nudes you PMed me Hawker.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:51 AM   #13
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
I'm two seconds away from posting those nudes you PMed me Hawker.

Don't. It may recruit more terrorists against me.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:03 AM   #14
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

dayum...how long before the Hague starts prosecuting members of the Bush Admin.?
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:38 PM   #15
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

Sometimes it's better to hide the truth from the public...

But as a truth seeker... People like me will find out.

Obama did the right thing. This is the first time I commend him for making such a hard decision. Seriously. The Public doen't need to see these images... especially the children.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...show-rape.html
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: