Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 05-18-2009, 12:01 PM   #1
Maniak
Siobhan Sharpe

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Hawks To Do List

Link

Quote:
The good vibrations from a 47-win season and first-round playoff series win were undone by the four-game sweep against Cleveland in the Eastern Conference semifinals.

But it’s hard to dismiss all the Hawks accomplished in their best season of this century, so to speak.

“I don’t think you do all that and rank as one of the top four teams in the Eastern Conference without being a pretty good team,” Hawks coach Mike Woodson said. “You have to tip your hat to the guys in our locker room because they made it happen. They made it happen.

“We all set goals, and sometimes goals are not always reached. But we were able to get it accomplished with all the people out there betting against us. And that speaks volumes for the guys in our locker room.”

What that locker room looks like going forward remains to be seen. With the June NBA draft and the start of the July free agency free-for-all still to come, it should be a while before things begin to take shape. Woodson is entering the final year of his contract, and only seven of 15 players are signed through next season.

More info inside the link.

Who should stay? Who should go? Who are you going to try and chase? When will this forum get more active?
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:06 PM   #2
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Hawks To Do List

Mike Bibby, Marvin Williams, and the bench players Zaza Pachulia, Mario West, Flip Murray, Othello Hunter, Soloman Jones, and Thomas Gardner are free agents.

I been hearing that Marvin Williams could do a sign and trade.

I also heard that the Hawks could trade Acie Law since he has been a bust and he wants to play somewhere else and get minutes.

Speedy Claxton expiring contract could be used on Draft Day and he said he wants to go somewhere and play and get minutes.

The Hawks still have Josh Childress rights and he might want to come back and play for the Hawks again.

Mike Bibby is getting up their in age but he can still play but if the Hawks don't want to re-sign him, I think the Hawks should go after Kirk Hinrich from the Bulls, TJ Ford from the Pacers, Raymond Felton from the Bobcats, or Ramon Sessions from the Bucks.

The Hawks need a balanced bench with players who can attack the rim and shoot.

Everyone is a jumpshooter on this team except for Flip Murray.

The Hawks need to attack the rim more and not settle for so many jumpshots.

The most important thing that we need is a center.

If the Hawks can get a true center, they can move Al Horford at his true position at the 4 and put Josh Smith at the 3.

Also, Josh Smith needs to work on his jumpshot.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:12 AM   #3
JG000
High School JV MVP

JG000 has an OK reputation so far

I say they sign a seven footer or aggressive big man

They really seem to be struggle in getting rebound especially late in the game

Chris Wilcox, for instance, would have been nice.... a shade under seven feet I know, but the Knicks basically got him for next nothing

Also, Josh Childress can stay in Europe. No second chance for him. Hawks played better without him, as he is easily replaceable
JG000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:55 AM   #4
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I agree with the above poster but i think it would be better if you got Childress back. Sure you played better without him but he's still a good 6th man.
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:58 PM   #5
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation

I have been hearing and reading that the Hawks have a eye on Ramon Session in the event that Mike Bibby leaves. I really like Sessions game and what he could bring to the Hawks. He is a good passer, in his rookie season he had a game where he put up 20pts and 24ast. If thats not impressive I don't know what is.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:56 PM   #6
JG000
High School JV MVP

JG000 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
I have been hearing and reading that the Hawks have a eye on Ramon Session in the event that Mike Bibby leaves. I really like Sessions game and what he could bring to the Hawks. He is a good passer, in his rookie season he had a game where he put up 20pts and 24ast. If thats not impressive I don't know what is.

Sessions would be a great pick-up

I like Bibby alot, but maybe they need to let him go at this point to move forward

Sessions would be a nice replacement and I think he can definitely be a starter in this league

The Hawks NEED a legit 7 footer at the pivot. Horford is a great player but he's playing out of position. Atlanta should try to scoop up Camby or someone else comparable who can be had for cheap
JG000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #7
terrell barron
Can barely lace up my sneakers

terrell barron has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Mike Bibby, Marvin Williams, and the bench players Zaza Pachulia, Mario West, Flip Murray, Othello Hunter, Soloman Jones, and Thomas Gardner are free agents.

I also heard that the Hawks could trade Acie Law since he has been a bust and he wants to play somewhere else and get minutes.

Speedy Claxton expiring contract could be used on Draft Day and he said he wants to go somewhere and play and get minutes.

The Hawks still have Josh Childress rights and he might want to come back and play for the Hawks again.

Mike Bibby is getting up their in age but he can still play but if the Hawks don't want to re-sign him, I think the Hawks should go after Kirk Hinrich from the Bulls, TJ Ford from the Pacers, Raymond Felton from the Bobcats, or Ramon Sessions from the Bucks.

If the Hawks can get a true center, they can move Al Horford at his true position at the 4 and put Josh Smith at the 3.

No to TJ Ford. We need to go after either Sessions, Hinrich, or Jack. Hinrich is less likely. Price is too high. Then we can go bpa at #19. Also resign Murray, sign and trade Marvin to Portland for Prizbillia and a 2nd rd pick, let Bibby, Zaza, and Solo walk, trade Josh Smith and our 2nd rdr to Toronto for Bosh, and bring back Childress.
Sessions/JJ/Chills/Horford/Bosh
Law/Flip/Mo/Hansborough/Prizbillia

Last edited by terrell barron : 06-14-2009 at 02:05 PM.
terrell barron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:10 PM   #8
terrell barron
Can barely lace up my sneakers

terrell barron has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Josh at the 3? I scream when he shoots and you want him at the 3? He's had 5 years to work on his jumpshot. It's just not in his arsenel. Also he is a poor one one one perimeter defender, but a great help defender in the paint.
terrell barron is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: