Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-18-2009, 02:24 PM   #1
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default The New Prius

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8055175.stm

Quote:
Toyota unveils new Prius hybrid

Mr Toyoda unveiled the new third-generation Prius in Tokyo

Toyota, the world's biggest carmaker, has revealed the latest revamp of its Prius petrol-electric hybrid in Japan. The carmaker said it has had 80,000 advance orders in Japan. It is aiming for sales of 400,000 a year globally.
Incoming president Akio Toyoda, the grandson of the company's founder, said the future of cars rests on this model.
Prius is the world's best-selling hybrid, but Toyota's dominance of the sector has been challenged by rival Honda's cheaper Insight model.
The new Prius gets a combined 50 miles per gallon, compared with 46 mpg for the 2009 model, Toyota said.
It has not yet announced when the new version will be available outside Japan.
Worst loss
The carmaker is pinning its hopes on a new Prius boosting sales, after this month reporting its worst annual loss of 436.94bn yen ($4.4bn; 2.9bn) in the year to 31 March, due to the deepening recession and strong yen.
The Prius, launched in 1997, is now in its third generation.
By the end of April, Toyota said it had sold 1,028,000 of the cars worldwide, more than half of them in North America.
Toyota said its Japan prices for the Prius would start at just over 2m yen, or about 13,800 ($20,900), which is cheaper than the current Prius.
It also announced it will cut the price of the second-generation model on sale now, to 1.89m yen, the same price as Honda's Insight.

Of course every celebrity has one ordered which cracks me up. "Look at me I'm rich and famous but I care about the environment." Then they drive to one of their huge ass estates that burn more energy than most small countries, lol.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:29 PM   #2
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The New Prius

I think I might have to get one of these bady boys, just to counter all these f*ckin' celebs who think those things are the best thing since sliced bread.

4 miles to the gallon.

*evil laugh*
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:30 PM   #3
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I think I might have to get one of these bady boys, just to counter all these f*ckin' celebs who think those things are the best thing since sliced bread.

4 miles to the gallon.

*evil laugh*
My mother, a small middle-aged asian lady, has always dreamed of driving this car. Weirdest thing ever.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:32 PM   #4
A_RastaMon
Irie Mon!

A_RastaMon has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall

4 miles to the gallon.

*evil laugh*

If I could afford it I would drive the least fuel efficient vehicle possible... always be towing something... maybe add some fins pointing in the wrong direction just to slow me down.
A_RastaMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #5
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I can't wait until I piece together enough money to get an old Chevy 454 big block and, coupled with my pickup, be the least economical driver in America.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:39 PM   #6
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
I can't wait until I piece together enough money to get an old Chevy 454 big block and, coupled with my pickup, be the least economical driver in America.

I wanna be like Denis Leary in the "I'm An *******" song, when he's talkin bout gettin the Caddy gettin 1 mile per gallon eatin Big Mac's with the old school styrofoam and chainsmoking.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:39 PM   #7
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lowering emissions is undoubtedly an important thing for the future, but its very true these celebrities and hippies you speak of are a little off their rocker. All of the exhaust created by every car in the world combined is still less than the amount of greenhouse gasses being released by all the cattle in the world. When its all said and done, Cow farts and burps (methane) will have likely done more damage to the environment than our big SUV's.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:41 PM   #8
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
Lowering emissions is undoubtedly an important thing for the future, but its very true these celebrities and hippies you speak of are a little off their rocker. All of the exhaust created by every car in the world combined is still less than the amount of greenhouse gasses being released by all the cattle in the world. When its all said and done, Cow farts and burps (methane) will have likely done more damage to the environment than our big SUV's.
So because they are also a large proportion of vegetarians, you're saying they are actually CAUSING the increase in climate change by not eating beef?
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:42 PM   #9
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
So because they are also a large proportion of vegetarians, you're saying they are actually CAUSING the increase in climate change by not eating beef?
i do my part than!!
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:47 PM   #10
halffttime
shorty doowop

halffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

i had this small friend in high school.. went to the dance, his brother drops him off.. everyones like =O, then this small kid gets out..

Last edited by halffttime : 05-18-2009 at 02:50 PM.
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:49 PM   #11
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Of course people wouldn't raise cattle if no one was eating them. It's so hard to be a celeb these days.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:51 PM   #12
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Lets face it, if people didn't eat cows, there would actually be less of them on the planet because people wouldn't be actively breeding them and protecting them from natural predators.

The cows wouldn't so well fed and gassy either.

That said I love me some beef.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:52 PM   #13
A_RastaMon
Irie Mon!

A_RastaMon has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc

A_RastaMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:53 PM   #14
halffttime
shorty doowop

halffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
Lets face it, if people didn't eat cows, there would actually be less of them on the planet because people wouldn't be actively breeding them and protecting them from natural predators.

The cows wouldn't so well fed and gassy either.

tacos fah moi
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:56 PM   #15
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Thats one way of looking at it.

Americans in general have an addiction to red meat right now, and as long as we are consuming lots of meat, we are going to need to have a lot of cows, pigs and sheep around. I am not saying we should stop eating red meat and kill off all the cows, I love my steak just as much as the next guy.

Methane (the gas created by livestock) is pretty useful. If there was some way to harvest the gas and the steaks, it could be a win-win for the environment and my stomach.

Quote:
Methane in the Earth's atmosphere is an important greenhouse gas with a global warming potential of 25 kg CO2 over a 100-year period. This means that a methane emission will have 21 times the impact on temperature of a carbon dioxide emission of the same mass over the following 100 years.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: