Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-18-2009, 08:29 PM   #1
The Magic Man
Gots Ta Be Li Showtam!

Default So Now Michael Phelps Sucks?

Okay, let me get this straight. Dude goes out and wins 197 Olympic Gold medals in China, comes home, is on every tv show possible, endorsing every product possible. Now he parties his ass off, smokes that good, f*cks banging b*tches, and can't f*cking swim anymore?!! Dude is like 2 for 5 in his return to swimming. I know this is basically like the preseason of swimming right now but sh*t, I was damn near convinced he was part fish. If not for all the scandle around him, I don't think it would be a big deal but you have to wonder. Is everything he has going on effecting him? Or is he in Lakers/cruise-mode/these-little-contests-don't-mean-sh*t-to-me-right-now mode?

PS
Yeah, I'm talkin' 'bout swimmin'. Kiss my a$$, I don't care, so what, mudufugga!
The Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:31 PM   #2
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Default Re: So Now Michael Phelps Sucks?

None of this regular season crap means anything. We'll see next Olympics.

Playoffs baby!
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:33 PM   #3
PistolPete
The Pistol

Who is Michael Phelps??

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO THAT ROODY POO IS!!!
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:33 PM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Exactly who gives a damn about this? lol
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:36 PM   #5
lefthook00
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

He took a 9 month layoff.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:36 PM   #6
The Magic Man
Gots Ta Be Li Showtam!

Quote:

You obviously. Had to click the link and tell everyone you don't care? Lol, you kill me.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:39 PM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook00
He took a 9 month layoff.

I dont care if he didnt have a layoff. World Championships & Olympics.

Those are the only two things a person should care about.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:42 PM   #8
The Magic Man
Gots Ta Be Li Showtam!

Quote:
I dont care if he didnt have a layoff. World Championships & Olympics.

Those are the only two things a person should care about.

You sound like a man who has never competed at anything in your entire life. That's just stupid. He may as well not even show up if he doesn't care. I don't care if it's a damn rock stacking contest, a man will always want to win. Surely you and your bretheren compete to see who finishes thier paper run first from time to time. it's called competition.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:43 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magic Man
You obviously. Had to click the link and tell everyone you don't care? Lol, you kill me.

Moronic post. If i wanted to say this thread was a waste I would have. If I really didnt care to reply in it I wouldnt have. My remarks was simple who cares about this? Only 2 things people should care about Olympics and World Championships. Thats it. These races in between? Repeating myself 3 times now, who cares? Oh some fairweather swimming fanboy. Shut up. You fraud.

You cant tell me what Michael Phelps did last year record wise. Heck give me his wins/loss record the lasst 6yrs. I'll save you some time. You dont know. So again a 4th time, who cares abuot this? And who said Phelps sucks? Some fraud fairweather fan who came across an article about his swim results?

Peope only care about Phelps if he is collecting golds and setting records. You kill me with your fact Care Bear act.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:44 PM   #10
BRabbiT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
None of this regular season crap means anything.

+1
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:44 PM   #11
twolvesfan
Banned

well if you knew anything you would of known he is trying to swim in a completely new way then he did before
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:49 PM   #12
The Magic Man
Gots Ta Be Li Showtam!

Quote:
Moronic post. If i wanted to say this thread was a waste I would have. If I really didnt care to reply in it I wouldnt have. My remarks was simple who cares about this? Only 2 things people should care about Olympics and World Championships. Thats it. These races in between? Repeating myself 3 times now, who cares? Oh some fairweather swimming fanboy. Shut up. You fraud.

You cant tell me what Michael Phelps did last year record wise. Heck give me his wins/loss record the lasst 6yrs. I'll save you some time. You dont know. So again a 4th time, who cares abuot this? And who said Phelps sucks? Some fraud fairweather fan who came across an article about his swim results?

Peope only care about Phelps if he is collecting golds and setting records. You kill me with your fact Care Bear act.

Have you ever noticed, and I'm sure it'll be hard for you to admit, that you never say anything? You type a lot of words, but nothing is ever said. Your arguments are always ridiculous.

i.e.
Man, Kimbo Slice lost. he sucks now

GOBB: Shows what you know. Can you tell me what middle school he went to? Can you tell me what he had for breakfast? If you knew how many carbs he had today you wouldn't be saying that. You aint no fan. You a fraud! What's his sister's name?!!

Pffft, just shut up dude. You're an idiot, a pedo, and a f*ckin paper boy. Get a life.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:50 PM   #13
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

He will be better in bigger events, especially the Olympics. So no worry for him......
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:51 PM   #14
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

The mailman jokes are played out. People need some fresh material, quick.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:53 PM   #15
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magic Man
You sound like a man who has never competed at anything in your entire life.

And you sound like a fraud actually giving a damn about Phelps now. When prior to his amazing Olympic run you didnt give a shyt. But pretend you did. Go on.

Quote:
That's just stupid.

You claiming he sucks now is stupid. Based on what? You cant even begin to argue. Maybe you'll regurgitate an article you read by putting it in your own words. Continue your fraudulent act. YOU KILL ME!

Quote:
He may as well not even show up if he doesn't care.

How do you know his mental state? What was his win/loss record the last 6yrs. Last 10yrs. You dont even KNOW. So now an article is reported since Phelps is widely popular given Olympics OWNING and his minor brush with THE BONG. And you are a mofo CARE BEAR? Poking your belly out trying to read into his mental state? YOU KILL ME PART II!

Article refutes your BS statements.

Quote:
Phelps heads to the mountains after 2 losses
By PAUL NEWBERRY – 2 hours ago

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Michael Phelps is heading to the mountains.

Eat. Sleep. Swim. That's about all the winningest Olympian will be doing during his time at the U.S. training center in Colorado Springs.

He can't wait.

"The next three weeks are going to be real important when we go to altitude," Phelps said. "That's going to be a big part of the summer."

He already crossed the first major threshold of his post-Beijing career this past weekend, competing in five events at the Charlotte UltraSwim. Phelps won two and was runner-up in two others, losing to a couple of world-record holders. He swam only the preliminaries of his fifth event (50-meter freestyle), using it as training run for his new straight-arm stroke.

Considering Phelps had not raced since the Olympics — the nine-month layoff was by far the longest of his career — and he was coming off a wave of bad publicity over that infamous photo of him using a marijuana pipe, this was certainly an encouraging start to the final chapter in his master plan.

He hopes to conquer some new events and add even more gold to an already unprecedented collection before he hangs up the cap and goggles after the 2012 London Games.

"I'm happy to be back in the pool," Phelps said. "I'm happy to have that first meet under my belt."

He has been working out for only about two months, time spent mainly knocking off nearly 20 extra pounds he picked up during his all those television appearances, book signings and extracurricular activities — good and bad — after Beijing.

His rustiness showed in Charlotte. Phelps struggled with his starts and had to take a couple of extra strokes — one of which nearly caused him to crash into the wall on his flip turn — while losing to French star Frederick Bousquet in the 100 free. While his upper body looked a bit more muscular, the result of a new weight-training regimen, a loss to Aaron Peirsol in the 100 backstroke showed his legs still need work.

But Phelps won with better-than-expected times in the 100 butterfly and 200 free, showing he's not that far from returning to form.

"It's very nice for Mike to remember what it's like to race at the very top level," said his coach, Bob Bowman.

After finishing his high-altitude work in Colorado, which should greatly improve his fitness, Phelps will swim a couple of meets next month: the Santa Clara Grand Prix in California on June 11-14 and the Quebec Cup in Montreal on June 18-21.

Then comes his first big test, the national championship at Indianapolis on July 8-11. That meet will be used to pick the U.S. team for the world championships, which begin July 26 in Rome.

Bowman said it's too early to know what events Phelps will attempt to swim at worlds. The 200 free and 100 fly most likely will be on the program, but three other stalwarts from Beijing — the 200 and 400 individual medley, along with the 200 butterfly — have been mothballed.

Phelps seems intent on mastering the 100 free and 100 back, but the Charlotte meet showed he's still got catching up to do in both. It would be quite a chore just to make the U.S. team in the 100 back; Peirsol and fellow American Matt Grevers went 1-2 at Beijing, and longtime Phelps rival Ryan Lochte could also be in the mix.

"The UltraSwim is nice," Bowman said. "But there's other fish in the sea."

Already this year, 18 world records have fallen — most of them in a new wave of high-tech swimsuits that some believe are even faster than the Speedo LZR Racer, which dominated in 2008 and is Phelps' choice in attire.

Phelps didn't wear the LZR in Charlotte, going with 2004-era legsuits and jammers, and he didn't bother to shave down, either. That's not unusual — he likes to save his fastest suits for the biggest meets, which makes him feel even quicker when he gets in the water.

In the 100 free, for example, Phelps likely cost himself a few tenths of a second by swimming in an old-fashioned legsuit while every other finalist — Bousquet included — went with a suit that covered the upper body.

But that's the way Phelps likes it. Bowman has no complaints, either. His star is always at his best when he's angry, and nothing makes him angrier than losing.

Phelps will have two losses to stew on when he gets to the mountains.

"He'll definitely be motivated by that," Bowman said.

Phelps is also eager to work more on that new freestyle stroke. He experimented with a windmill-like motion at Charlotte, mixing it with his normal bent-at-the-elbow technique.

The straight arm has become the rage among sprinters because it theoretically creates more speed, though it requires more energy. Bousquet uses it with great success, including a world record in the 50 free last month, and U.S. Olympian Cullen Jones has come up with a modified version.

It definitely works, according to Phelps, but he didn't feel comfortable enough to use it for the entire 100 final in Charlotte. He used his normal stroke for the first half of the opening lap, went to the straight arm for the next 25 meters, switched back to the bent-arm after the turn and finished up the last 15 or 20 meters with the windmill.

"There's just a lot of small things I've got to fix," he said. "When we get more time to perfect it, we'll be able to do the whole 100 like that."

Now it's time to get to work

This thread is a typical overreaction of a person who has no clue about Phelps or swimming in general. But hey we can all "front" right? Well?

Last edited by GOBB : 05-18-2009 at 08:57 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: