Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-19-2009, 09:05 PM   #1
TheBynumProject
Byonic

TheBynumProject has decent reputation
Default Where did you watch the 03 lottery, a nite that forever changed NBA history

Where were you when Cleveland won the 2003 lottery? Who were you rooting for to win it? How did you feel watching Jerry West as the envelope containing the #2 pick was being opened? If you recall, the Grizz had to give their pick to Detroit UNLESS it was the #1 overall pick. This meant that West was either going to get LeBron James or he was going to get nothing. LeBron or NOTHING. Im suprised West didnt have a heart attack. How did you react when the envelpe with Detroit's logo was revealed, meaning that Cleveland had won the top pick? What were your emotions, your reactions? Did you realize at the time how significant an event that was?

For the record, I watched it in my friend's basement, while eating Domino's thin crust pizza. I was rooting for Denver to win.
TheBynumProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:06 PM   #2
Sriracha
Clubbing baby seal

Sriracha has decent reputation
Default Re: Where did you watch the 03 lottery, a nite that forever changed NBA history

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBynumProject
Where were you when Cleveland won the 2003 lottery? Who were you rooting for to win it? How did you feel watching Jerry West as the envelope containing the #2 pick was being opened? If you recall, the Grizz had to give their pick to Detroit UNLESS it was the #1 overall pick. This meant that West was either going to get LeBron James or he was going to get nothing. LeBron or NOTHING. Im suprised West didnt have a heart attack. How did you react when the envelpe with Detroit's logo was revealed, meaning that Cleveland had won the top pick? What were your emotions, your reactions? Did you realize at the time how significant an event that was?

For the record, I watched it in my friend's basement, eating Domino's thin crust pizza. I was rooting for Denver to win.

If the Grizzlies won Lebron, he would be on the Lakers with Kobe Bryant by now.
Sriracha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:10 PM   #3
Zak

Zak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Where did you watch the 03 lottery, a nite that forever changed NBA history

i was 9 at the time, didn't watch it lol.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:11 PM   #4
TheBynumProject
Byonic

TheBynumProject has decent reputation

I also remember that the hype around Bron was so great that instead of ESPN, the lottery was actually live on ABC that year in prime time.
TheBynumProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:44 PM   #5
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Upon seeing Detroit gaining the number two pick, I high fived my friend on the couch as we knew Darko Milicic would be the piece of the puzzle to lift the Pistons past the Eastern Conference Finals.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:51 PM   #6
Hotshoot
Decent playground baller

Hotshoot has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Upon seeing Detroit gaining the number two pick, I high fived my friend on the couch as we knew Darko Milicic would be the piece of the puzzle to lift the Pistons past the Eastern Conference Finals.
If only if they had traded down and picked up Wade
Hotshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:58 PM   #7
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I was 10 at the time. I dont remember the lottery, but I remember the draft when LeBron got drafted. I remember explaining to my friend who was in 2nd grade at the time that he was gonna be the next Kobe lol. His reponse? "I thought Kobe already played in the NBA." weird I remember that, this thread triggered the memory.
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:06 PM   #8
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshoot
If only if they had traded down and picked up Wade

The sad truth is, at that time, I wasn't even giving Dwyane, Bosh, or Anthony a look at the 2nd pick for Detroit. It was Darko all the way. LeBron surely dominated the majority of the hype, but nestled a safe distance behind was this guy every media outlet seemed to be hailing as a 7'1'' Dirk Nowitski with post moves and a mean streak. I bought into it 100%.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: