Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 05-20-2009, 04:38 PM   #1
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Arrow Official Houston Rockets Offseason Thread!

So now that the regular season is over for the Rockets, its time for offseason! And I decided to make a separate thread for the Rockets offseason so we can talk, discuss, post rumors, and just about anything that has to do with the Rockets offseason. So like, if we release somebody due to free agency or if there are offseason rumors, any trades, or anything, we can talk about it here! Good idea or what?
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:58 PM   #2
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Official Houston Rockets Offseason Thread!

Well right now our main focus is to get another big man of course. I would really like to get Hasheem Thabeet but he's gonna go high in the draft, and we don't have a 1st rounder this year. I would like to see someone like JaVale McGee come to Houston. He runs the floor well for a 7 footer and he's athletic. After we get our big men out the way I think we could use another SG, but hopefully James White can fill that position next year.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:23 PM   #3
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yea I think you're right about us finding another big man cuz I don't think we can stay w/Yao forever cuz he's too injury prone u know? And I don't think we'll be able to get another dominant big man 'till the summer of 2010 when all the superstars come out and which I'm excited for!!! But yea...yea I just realized this afternoon that we don't have a 1st or 2nd round draft pick cuz of the trade with Ron and Scola! I hope somebody good falls to us late late like Dorsey did last year! I think Wafer's not gonna resign with us next year cuz like I heard we won't be able to match the offer, and I think James White is gonna be T-Mac's replacement, and hopefully him and Dorsey develop by next season so they can play regularly next season.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:08 AM   #4
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If only we could get Melo to the Rockets.

I been saying, if I'd go after anyone, I'd go after Melo hard. The guy has matured and is a great player.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:25 AM   #5
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board

Well, I'm tryin' out for the Austin Torres, so maybe I might be in the Houston Rockets plans in the near future?
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:51 AM   #6
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Well, I'm tryin' out for the Austin Torres, so maybe I might be in the Houston Rockets plans in the near future?
lmao are u really or joking???
Old 05-22-2009, 11:10 AM   #7
KillerAvery
Can barely lace up my sneakers

KillerAvery has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
lmao are u really or joking???

No he is dead serious.
KillerAvery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:13 AM   #8
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerAvery
No he is dead serious.
and how do you know???
Old 05-24-2009, 04:09 AM   #9
KillerAvery

Quote:
and how do you know???

Actually I have no idea, but let us get back on topic.

Who can be a backup center for Yao?
Old 05-24-2009, 01:06 PM   #10
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerAvery
Actually I have no idea, but let us get back on topic.

Who can be a backup center for Yao?
yea we need to do that haha...well idk...I think we're gonna find that out next summer! Or maybe this summer??? I have a question though, what's the difference between a restricted free agent and a unrestricted free agent? I've been wondering that for a while but idk...can someone answer that for me please!
Old 05-25-2009, 12:58 PM   #11
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

Which would you guys prefer, and offensive big man or a defensive? I say we should try to get a defensive big because we have Scola and Landry doing well on offensive at the 4 spot. If we could get someone similar to a Dikembe Mutombo defensively, I think we'll be good to go.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:19 PM   #12
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
Which would you guys prefer, and offensive big man or a defensive? I say we should try to get a defensive big because we have Scola and Landry doing well on offensive at the 4 spot. If we could get someone similar to a Dikembe Mutombo defensively, I think we'll be good to go.
that's the same thing my dad said!!! He said he'd rather have a defensive guy than someone who avgs. 20 PPG and looses about 40 points(cuz Yao gets alot of TOs). He said he'd rather have Ben Wallace or Dwight Howard. But I wouldn't mind Ben but he's old now, if it was his prime, I wouldn't mind I guess But what I'm saying is....we need to give Dorsey some playing time!!!!!!!!! He needs to ****ing play! He is a monster, he is the Ray Lewis of Basketball! I hope he plays next season! He really needs to, can get us Rebounds, Blocks, and Dunks What'd yall say about Dorsey? Agree or no???
Old 05-25-2009, 02:43 PM   #13
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board

Quote:
that's the same thing my dad said!!! He said he'd rather have a defensive guy than someone who avgs. 20 PPG and looses about 40 points(cuz Yao gets alot of TOs). He said he'd rather have Ben Wallace or Dwight Howard. But I wouldn't mind Ben but he's old now, if it was his prime, I wouldn't mind I guess But what I'm saying is....we need to give Dorsey some playing time!!!!!!!!! He needs to ****ing play! He is a monster, he is the Ray Lewis of Basketball! I hope he plays next season! He really needs to, can get us Rebounds, Blocks, and Dunks What'd yall say about Dorsey? Agree or no???
Well, I've never seen him play, so who knows.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:29 AM   #14
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Well, I've never seen him play, so who knows.
You never saw him at Memphis??? Like never seen him play at Memphis?
Old 05-26-2009, 09:48 AM   #15
KillerAvery

Two guys I think that can come over to Houston
1. Rasheed Wallace - If he wants to compete again, and agrees to an MLE.
2. Nenad Krstic - He can get this guy for around 2-4 Million

I really wanted Okafor to be in the Rockets, or even Rashard Lewis when we got the chance to draft him.

Also, where will McGrady fit back in the Houston lineup?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: