Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 10-09-2006, 12:14 PM   #1
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far
Default Do you think the Mavs will be 2007 champs?

They were a sharp team last year by making it to the Finals. The competion is high. Can this year be their year?
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:20 PM   #2
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

They have just as good a chance as anyone. This team seems to learn from it's mistakes. After losses to SA and the Suns in the playoffs, they conquered them last year. Hopefully they can do the same with the Heat. Providing the Heat make it that far.

The core was kept intact. And I consider the vet signings and upgrade from what we had. Add the rookie Ager to the mix. I like our chances.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:13 PM   #3
MFFL
I airball my layups

MFFL has an OK reputation so far

They have no where else to go but up! I definitely think we can make it. We have a fresh, young teams with vets to back us. Perfect in my opinion.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:34 PM   #4
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Like Silent said, we have as good a shot as any. We have experience and chemistry. Outside of Phoenix(if Amare is somewhat healthy), San Antonio, Miami, I don't think anyone has a chance of beating us in a 7 game series.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:04 AM   #5
Slickshot
I airball my layups

Slickshot has an OK reputation so far

Definately a championship appearance this year. I dun think Heat will beat them after they were embarassed when they lost 4 straight.
Slickshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:10 AM   #6
tbiggums
Can barely lace up my sneakers

tbiggums has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
They were a sharp team last year by making it to the Finals. The competion is high. Can this year be their year?

Spur fan T Biggums here!

Good luck to the Mavs....I know you guys have high expectations..Avery would not have it any other way. I just want to say ahead of time that playoff basketball is a matter of health, experience, talent, coaching, and luck. Lets face it everything went your way last year. The issue at hand is...Will it happen again? We will see. I think any championship team with the most consistent element of these factors will win out over the long run. I trust that the Spurs will be one of the more consistent ones. When we meet again in the playoffs..Let us all know this up front.If the call are not going your teams way. Let us not revert to conspiracy, favoritism, or any other type theories. The team who is better able to force its type of game over the other team has merely proven themselves to be superior for that series. CUT AND DRY! Good luck to your team and may the team who wants it more get their championship!
tbiggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:25 AM   #7
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Considering that the Mavs are the only other team besides the Spurs to win 50 or more the last 6 years. I'd say we've gotten pretty consistant. Everything went your way when Robinson got hurt and you drafted Duncan. The Mavs forced the Spurs to play their type of ball, cut and dry. Now the Spurs are the ones going small with Tim at center. No theories here, and that goes the same for Spurs fans. Who seemed to complain about the refs a lot after last year. So if you are trying to imply the Mavericks on those statement, they apply to the Spurs as well. I don't think the Mavs want a championship any less than the Spurs. Good luck to you and I expect another division battle between these two teams.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:16 PM   #8
tbiggums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
Considering that the Mavs are the only other team besides the Spurs to win 50 or more the last 6 years. I'd say we've gotten pretty consistant. Everything went your way when Robinson got hurt and you drafted Duncan. The Mavs forced the Spurs to play their type of ball, cut and dry. Now the Spurs are the ones going small with Tim at center. No theories here, and that goes the same for Spurs fans. Who seemed to complain about the refs a lot after last year. So if you are trying to imply the Mavericks on those statement, they apply to the Spurs as well. I don't think the Mavs want a championship any less than the Spurs. Good luck to you and I expect another division battle between these two teams.

Don't be so sensitive. I not implying anything. I saying it. We have the experience. I not talking about drafting. Of course we got lucky with Tim. Look at all those years Dallas benefitted getting all those first round pick..Anyway.... It's all about adjustments. I see you got my point exactly. We didn't seem to complain. We complained..... because as the team with experience with we did not get the benefits of the call we should have gotten from earning the home court advantage.But my point is...Since you are now included in this championship conversation just some pointers from experience...that's all...I hope your admitted comittment to playing small ball with that perimeter game will be enough to carry your team this year. No excuses...Good Luck!
Old 10-16-2006, 12:41 PM   #9
tbiggums

Quote:

By the way since you are being so sensitive. I should have said in my previous response that coaching is a matter of adjustments. I think Avery was smart last year to make an adjusment that Pop could just not respond to in terms of personnel. I give him that. But just in case you have missed my point altogether. I bring up adjustments because the issue with personnel as far as the Spurs are concerned has been addressed. They are cat quicker than they were last year. May the best style win.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:48 PM   #10
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

When someone comes in and tries to belittle your accomplishments and you defend them, is it really sensitive? Or did you not like that everything you said applied to the Spurs as well? So since you were the more experienced team and didn't get the calls it was ok to complain? I'm not really seeing where you are going with any of this. If you want to say good luck then say it. You'll have to excuse me if i'm not sold on the cat quickness of Elson and Butler. The Mavs will play whatever style it takes to win, and they are fortunate enough to be able to do that. It's not a comittment to smallball, but the fact that it was the way to defeat the Spurs.

Again good luck to you as well.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:55 PM   #11
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
We complained..... because as the team with experience with we did not get the benefits of the call we should have gotten from earning the home court advantage.
spurs had more FTs that the mavs in the series.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:30 AM   #12
tbiggums

Quote:
When someone comes in and tries to belittle your accomplishments and you defend them, is it really sensitive? Or did you not like that everything you said applied to the Spurs as well? So since you were the more experienced team and didn't get the calls it was ok to complain? I'm not really seeing where you are going with any of this. If you want to say good luck then say it. You'll have to excuse me if i'm not sold on the cat quickness of Elson and Butler. The Mavs will play whatever style it takes to win, and they are fortunate enough to be able to do that. It's not a comittment to smallball, but the fact that it was the way to defeat the Spurs.

Again good luck to you as well.

That's just my point silent. My God it's only an opinion! I know that you think the world of your team, but because you do you can't understand or see where I'm coming from since you haven't experienced it yet. Anyone who has been through it would have know I was not trying to "belittle" you. Just trying to lighten things up between the Mavs and Spurs fan. You are doing a good job of "belittling" yourself by your conversation. I'm not trying to sell you anything. Fact is fact. The Spurs are quicker! Silent, I am a fan. When my team does not get any call whether it be a good call or a bad call. I complain. A lot of time it has more to do with what we are not doing than what the other team is doing. Like I said I give Avery all the credit in the world for his coaching.It will more interesting to see if your team CAN play either style? You didn't play well against Miami in that other style. Anyways, stop being sensitive just because "you" don't understand where I'm coming from! By the way Good Luck! The target is on your backs:)

Last edited by tbiggums : 10-17-2006 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:37 AM   #13
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Fact is fact. The Spurs are quicker!

Obviously not quick enough to stop devin harris.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:08 PM   #14
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Maybe you do have good intentions. And it is difficult at times to tell intent in a post. You appeared to come in very condescending. And when your statements weren't agreed with, you started with the sensitive comments. Basicallly showing that you were sensitive to the response. I've stated my opinion, yet when I do it I'm belittling myself? Just because the Spurs have won championships doesn't make you all knowing. Which you seem to think you are. I fully understand the game. And just because the Mavericks haven't won a championship doesn't mean I don't know what challenges they face this year. Myself, along with other Mavs fans are fully aware of the target on the team this year.

You are a Spurs fan coming into a Mavs forum. Of course you are always welcome. But don't get so bent if your opinions are not shared by Mav fans. Try taking a lighter approach if indeed your intent was to lighten things up. You know if I was as sentitive as you think, I could've edited your post. But I preferred to respond, state my view, await your reply. And my reply was civil. I would like to expect the same response from you in the future.

And for the record I'm still not buying into the quick thing. Nothing personal against you. I'm just not seeing it yet.

Last edited by Silent Mav : 10-17-2006 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:49 PM   #15
tbiggums

Quote:
Maybe you do have good intentions. And it is difficult at times to tell intent in a post. You appeared to come in very condescending. And when your statements weren't agreed with, you started with the sensitive comments. Basicallly showing that you were sensitive to the response. I've stated my opinion, yet when I do it I'm belittling myself? Just because the Spurs have won championships doesn't make you all knowing. Which you seem to think you are. I fully understand the game. And just because the Mavericks haven't won a championship doesn't mean I don't know what challenges they face this year. Myself, along with other Mavs fans are fully aware of the target on the team this year.

You are a Spurs fan coming into a Mavs forum. Of course you are always welcome. But don't get so bent if your opinions are not shared by Mav fans. Try taking a lighter approach if indeed your intent was to lighten things up. You know if I was as sentitive as you think, I could've edited your post. But I preferred to respond, state my view, await your reply. And my reply was civil. I would like to expect the same response from you in the future.

And for the record I'm still not buying into the quick thing. Nothing personal against you. I'm just not seeing it yet.

Understood...Although condescending would have been like "No one believes you have a chance but you." Your team took a step forward last year. I only question whether it was an actual switch in power or an hiccup...That's All:)!....I appreciate the honesty and response..It's a competitive thing..Strategy...I love basketball and a good debate....If you don't see it...I'll leave it at that. I normally don't browse outside of the home site. But one of the other Mavs fan came into SA's site with some crazy predictions which made me wonder what do you guys actually talk about in this forum...It seems all is well! By the way you will buy it when the time comes:)! Good Luck to U!

Last edited by tbiggums : 10-17-2006 at 02:59 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: