Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 10-09-2006, 07:43 PM   #1
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

AIR SETH has decent reputation
Default He's Ready

COLOGNE, Oct. 9 -- No player in the league will have more eyes on him this year than Amare Stoudemire. With the Phoenix Suns thinking this is their season, and with their surprising success last year despite his absence, it's difficult not to think about how good they could be with the man they call STAT back in the linuep ... and playing like he used to.

Whether that is possible at this point in time is the question.

If you're looking for signs that he is making a full (and speedy) recovery from his knee problems (the non-microfracture knee is causing more trouble these days), Stoudemire has not had the best camp. He has pulled himself out of practice. He did not play against Lottomatica Roma last Friday and he hasn't been considered a starter at all in camp.

But things may be turning around. Amare has looked strong and even explosive the last two days of practice and he says that he will play against the Sixers (and perhaps send a message across the league) here in Cologne Tuesday night (3 p.m. ET, ESPN 2).

"Today, I feel 110 percent," Stoudemire said. "Yesterday, I felt 110 percent. So, if I can feel 120 percent tomorrow, then the 76ers are in for it."

His coach is happy about the last two days as well, but he realizes that it will take a lot of more days like this for his big man to be ready for the season.

"It's a little bit of a roller coaster and right now, we're on the upslope," Mike D'Antoni said. "The last two days have been great. If he keeps doing that another 20 days with no setbacks, he'll be 100 percent."

You can hear a little doubt in the way D'Antoni speaks, but Amare speaks like the pain is a thing of the past. And he doesn't fear the future.

"I'm too spiritual to be afraid of anything," he affirmed.

Amare hopes to stretch expectations this season.
Andrew D. Bernstein/NBAE/Getty Images
Of course, he will tell you that he'll always take a "recovery day" if needed, because it was the recovery day he had just recently that has him feeling so good right now.

"I had a day off and I was able to recover and it was like night and day," he said.

So, fans will have to be patient. Heck, they've waited a full year at this point. And that year was tougher on the man himself than it ever could have been on those waiting for his return.

"You guys don't know how hard it was this summer to stay motivated," he said, "because it got to a point where I thought I wasn't gonna be able to come back. I thought I wasn't gonna get healthy, but I stayed motivated to keep working, to keep pushing through. And to have that feeling back to where I was before the injury, it feels great and I just can't wait to improve."

To clarify, when he says that he doubted his ability to come back, that doesn't mean that his career was almost over. He just wasn't sure that he would be able to return all the way back to where he was at his peak, the 2005 Playoffs, when he averaged 37.0 points and 9.8 rebounds in the Conference Finals against the Spurs.

And that's his goal. He's not satisfied with just playing again. He wants to be an All-Star. And he wants to be an All-Star this year. But right now, it's still October, and Cologne, Germany is a long way (both literally and figuratively) from Las Vegas. So, he's willing to accept coming off the bench for the time being.

"Whatever the role is," he said. "I'm down for it."

But he's certainly excited to feel better than he has in a long time, attacking the rim like it's a manifestation of all the frustration he's felt over the last year.

"Any opportunity I had today," he said, "I wanted to rip it down. I definitely tried to tear it down each opportunity. There was no second-guessing, no second-thoughts, no pain, no favoritism. Just strictly basketball."

It's a great thing to watch, and we'll continue to do just that.

From: http://www.nba.com/europelive/stoudemire_061009.html
AIR SETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:37 PM   #2
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

STATfan32 has decent reputation

im recording it on my DVR and am SOOO excited to watch amare rip through c-webb and dalembert like tin-foil!!!!!
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:20 PM   #3
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Let's just hope he feels good for a while.

Stoudemire Has Best Practice Of Trip So Far
By Jerry Brown
East Valley Tribune
Oct. 9, 2006

The Suns arrived in Cologne, Germany, on Sunday after a morning practice in Rome that provided the latest in the Amaré Stoudemire saga — his best workout to date during the weeklong tour of Europe.

Stoudemire was unable to practice Thursday due to soreness in both of his knees and sat out Friday’s win over Lottomatica Roma. While he worked out Saturday, the Suns didn’t practice. But Phoenix coach Mike D’Antoni said Stoudemire looked good Sunday, as active and athletic as he has since the team left Phoenix nine days ago.

“We’ve got a lot of wild swings going on with Amaré right now, but Sunday was a positive,” D’Antoni said. “He said he felt good and he looked like he was moving better. Now we’re looking for some consistency in practice, for him to string together good days and build on the positives.”

For more coverage of Phoenix sports,
be sure to visit eastvalleytribune.com

D’Antoni said if Stoudemire has similar results in practice today, he will play in Tuesday’s game against the Philadelphia 76ers. Phoenix has back-toback games in Cologne on Tuesday and Wednesday before returning to Arizona on Thursday.

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/tribune_brown_061009.html
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:44 AM   #4
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

nash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

:rollingeyes:

PRAY FOR AMARE!!!
nash4eva!gosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:01 PM   #5
joni
I hit open layups

joni has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash4eva!gosuns
:rollingeyes:

PRAY FOR AMARE!!!

Okay, good plan. That ---------- and a mojo wouldn't hurt either.
joni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 02:42 PM   #6
joni
I hit open layups

joni has an OK reputation so far

This is an article that might explain a lot of what's going on now, along with Amare's take on the comeback last March.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/traini...ory?id=2621039
joni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:22 PM   #7
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

after watching amare come off the bench in two games so far i think he will be very close to 100% when the season starts if he keeps progressing
against phila he looked a little out of rhythm and when he made his power moves he lost the ball a couple times but still when he was making the moves he looked quick and explosive and even more today against maccabi, hes gonna be ready and i cant wait
Old 10-11-2006, 05:31 PM   #8
KnickFan4Life
Banned

KnickFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

6 ****ing points. Did I call it, or did I call it? Amare is soft as b00bies
KnickFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:21 PM   #9
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

dude you are a freakin retard knicksfan4life.........i dont even know what to say except you have some emotional issues and it seems you get aroused from bashing others when if you were to take a look at your own team it would be much easier to do, how pathetic can a person be when they jump at the thought of someone failing to be great again because of an injury? and i believe amare had 12pts. today, and in case you forgot, this is preseason, so we still have to wait and see where he'll be when halloween comes.....
Old 10-11-2006, 06:38 PM   #10
KnickFan4Life
Banned

KnickFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATfan32
dude you are a freakin retard knicksfan4life.........i dont even know what to say except you have some emotional issues and it seems you get aroused from bashing others when if you were to take a look at your own team it would be much easier to do, how pathetic can a person be when they jump at the thought of someone failing to be great again because of an injury? and i believe amare had 12pts. today, and in case you forgot, this is preseason, so we still have to wait and see where he'll be when halloween comes.....
HOLY ****! 12 POINTS!!!! OMG, HE'S A BEAST!! Around Halloween Amare's lazy ass will be at home eating m&m's because of an injury. He is soft, if you haven't discovered that, you are retarded.
KnickFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:48 PM   #11
Kobe4life
Banned

Kobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

the guy doesnt have that power dunk anymore and is really slow
Kobe4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:04 PM   #12
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

umm.....did you watch the game today kobe4life? he had a couple power dunks that looked just like the old amare so you can shut up, and like i said earlier, its preseason, when the season progresses you will all be sorry...and knicksfan4life-if amare is soft, what does that make eddy curry and jerome james? i still dont see what evidence you are using to prove that amare is soft, i also remember him averaging a solid 30pts and 10rbs against tim duncan in the WCF and if you wanna say "oh well that was then" then im gonna say, well no one from the knicks now has ever done that against duncan....but then again im dwelling in the past like some other sad fans (lakers, knicks)
:stupid:
Old 10-11-2006, 09:28 PM   #13
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

nash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

u know...it think i heard once that fans with pathetic teams tend to wanna bash the good ones..i think this kinda proves that theory...

Last edited by nash4eva!gosuns : 10-11-2006 at 09:31 PM.
nash4eva!gosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:53 PM   #14
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

PhxFanAtBirth has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4life
the guy doesnt have that power dunk anymore and is really slow

Wow i'm sorry but I really do have to get in on this. You say amare doesnt have that power dunk anymore well then what were those 2 dunks today about? a fluke? No no no my friend I think not. And afterall this was amare's 3rd game playing against a team other than his own in a year! to be able to get dunks like what he did tonight is good for some1 who has been out for a year. Heres my thoughts. You and Knickfan4life and every1 else who comes in here saying Amare is no more.... well I think your scared. You have no facts to form a solid foundation for any of your comments except for ohhhhhh look he only scored 12 points on his 3rd game back in a year. wow wtf you must not have any patience or perhaps you do but not with Amare. When you can come back to this Suns forum with some real solid facts that Amare wont ever be the same again then i'll accept it, But for right now I think you guys are scared.

Please we do want your comments but I mean back them up with something other than opinion and hatred.

Peace!
PhxFanAtBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:57 PM   #15
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

PhxFanAtBirth has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnickFan4Life
HOLY ****! 12 POINTS!!!! OMG, HE'S A BEAST!! Around Halloween Amare's lazy ass will be at home eating m&m's because of an injury. He is soft, if you haven't discovered that, you are retarded.

I dont know how to say this nicely but perhaps you didnt notice the Suns are better than you even without Amare. So maybe just maybe you should be on your own forum talking about the mediocre season the knicks will have hell i'll even start a new thread Titled "Knicks, What a joke!" but what the hell am i talking about everyone knows they suck. So your welcome in this forum when you can accept the fact that Phoenix is a better team than the Knicks.

Every1 else is accepting it. And hell your pretty good with that bandwagon stuff right?
PhxFanAtBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: