Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2009, 09:51 PM   #1
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star
 
G-train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,789
G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here
Default What if Wade doesn't re-sign?

If Wade doesn't resign, which players should we go for?

Lebron,Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Tyson Chandler, Manu Ginobili, Richard Jefferson, Joe Johnson, Tracy McGrady, Yao Ming, Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki and Michael Redd are some that are available.

We would need at least two of the above to contend...

I like -
Mario
Joe Johnson
?
Beasley
Amare

G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:52 PM   #2
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....
 
beasted86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: So-Fla PSN:Ghostfaced
Posts: 7,488
beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: What if Wade doesn't re-sign?

Amare already said he hates playing Center... so don't expect the Heat to lure him into a deal knowing he has to play it.

Anyone outside of LeBron or Yao Ming + anyone of the guards/wings.. and the Heat slips back into lottery status.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:47 AM   #3
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star
 
G-train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,789
G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: What if Wade doesn't re-sign?

Lottery status? Depends on the development of the players
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:18 PM   #4
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star
 
Lord Leoshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bizzaro world
Posts: 1,325
Lord Leoshes has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What if Wade doesn't re-sign?

1) Bron
2) Bosh
3) Amare
4) J Jonhson
5) Butler (if he opts out)
6) Yao (if he opts out)
7) J Howard

From there i have to see who is available
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:43 PM   #5
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....
 
beasted86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: So-Fla PSN:Ghostfaced
Posts: 7,488
beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: What if Wade doesn't re-sign?

Even with good development of our young players... Beasley, Cook & Chalmers... we'd be no better than the Bobcats or Nets. A consistent 9th or 10th seed in the East, with not enough pieces to push us to the next level.

This team needs Wade, LeBron or Yao. The rest of the guys cannot "carry" this team.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:19 PM   #6
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star
 
Lord Leoshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bizzaro world
Posts: 1,325
Lord Leoshes has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What if Wade doesn't re-sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
Even with good development of our young players... Beasley, Cook & Chalmers... we'd be no better than the Bobcats or Nets. A consistent 9th or 10th seed in the East, with not enough pieces to push us to the next level.

This team needs Wade, LeBron or Yao. The rest of the guys cannot "carry" this team.







You put Yao in the same sentence as Bron, & Wade?

There are like 20 player in the league that i'll take over Yao.
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:32 PM   #7
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....
 
beasted86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: So-Fla PSN:Ghostfaced
Posts: 7,488
beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: What if Wade doesn't re-sign?

Same here, but I'm talking about him in comparison to the free agents available in 2010.

Out of the free agents available then, Wade, LeBron, and Yao are the only ones capable of turning a lottery team into a 5th-8th seed playoff team. Bosh, Amare, Nowitzki, Johnson, etc... cannot.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:38 AM   #8
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star
 
Lord Leoshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bizzaro world
Posts: 1,325
Lord Leoshes has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What if Wade doesn't re-sign?

Tell that to the Rockets cause they played better after he got injured.
& most GM's would pick Bosh, & Amare over Yao.
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:19 PM   #9
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....
 
beasted86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: So-Fla PSN:Ghostfaced
Posts: 7,488
beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: What if Wade doesn't re-sign?

Yao was the equalizer against the Lakers. With him still in the lineup they had a chance of winning the series... without him, no chance at all.

Bosh nor Amare could make the playoffs with their current squad... so what makes you think if you replace Wade with one of those guys, the Heat automatically stays a playoff roster?

If we can ONLY get 1 MAJOR player to replace Wade with... it has to be LeBron or Yao. Yao in the east will start putting up 25/11/2 type numbers again. If we are gettin Bosh or Amare... it's a much better building piece for the future than Yao... but we would not still be a playoff team. Yao along with signing a lesser FA perimeter/wing player like TJ Ford or Jamal Crawford, John Salmons, etc... will get us into the playoffs. Amare or Bosh will need another All-star/former allstar like Johnson, Ginobili, Ray Allen, etc... or we will be a lottery team until we get one of those guys.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:33 PM   #10
mamba24
read this you homer
 
mamba24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,502
mamba24 has decent reputationmamba24 has decent reputation
Default Re: What if Wade doesn't re-sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
Yao was the equalizer against the Lakers. With him still in the lineup they had a chance of winning the series... without him, no chance at all.

Bosh nor Amare could make the playoffs with their current squad... so what makes you think if you replace Wade with one of those guys, the Heat automatically stays a playoff roster?

If we can ONLY get 1 MAJOR player to replace Wade with... it has to be LeBron or Yao. Yao in the east will start putting up 25/11/2 type numbers again. If we are gettin Bosh or Amare... it's a much better building piece for the future than Yao... but we would not still be a playoff team. Yao along with signing a lesser FA perimeter/wing player like TJ Ford or Jamal Crawford, John Salmons, etc... will get us into the playoffs. Amare or Bosh will need another All-star/former allstar like Johnson, Ginobili, Ray Allen, etc... or we will be a lottery team until we get one of those guys.

Lol bunch of kids...Wade is going nowhere...you guys have plenty of cap space...a healthy squad...an improving roster...a very well trained coach...not to mention its South beach...

I can envision Bosh or maybe a Marcus Camby from the clippers....the heat are fine...they are a year from serious contention...wade is in his prime so i expect riley to do what he does best....build around a veteran...


and just so u know...lebron aint goin nowhere either....

Amare, Bosh, Shaq, T-Mac...yea those guys...not Wade and lebron...too much candy boys....
mamba24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:07 PM   #11
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star
 
Lord Leoshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bizzaro world
Posts: 1,325
Lord Leoshes has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What if Wade doesn't re-sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
Yao was the equalizer against the Lakers. With him still in the lineup they had a chance of winning the series... without him, no chance at all.

Bosh nor Amare could make the playoffs with their current squad... so what makes you think if you replace Wade with one of those guys, the Heat automatically stays a playoff roster?

If we can ONLY get 1 MAJOR player to replace Wade with... it has to be LeBron or Yao. Yao in the east will start putting up 25/11/2 type numbers again. If we are gettin Bosh or Amare... it's a much better building piece for the future than Yao... but we would not still be a playoff team. Yao along with signing a lesser FA perimeter/wing player like TJ Ford or Jamal Crawford, John Salmons, etc... will get us into the playoffs. Amare or Bosh will need another All-star/former allstar like Johnson, Ginobili, Ray Allen, etc... or we will be a lottery team until we get one of those guys.



Yao is a bolder. My grandmother in here wheelchair moves faster then him. + he cant defend anyone one, on one. He is too SLOW. They played better without him cause they actually played better defense with him injured.
+ he is as soft as toilet paper.
There is no way you can put Yao in the same sentence as Bron, Wade, Kobe, Howard, Paul, Bosh, or Amare.
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:52 PM   #12
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....
 
beasted86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: So-Fla PSN:Ghostfaced
Posts: 7,488
beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: What if Wade doesn't re-sign?

Yao is an elite post defender. He is one of the only guys who dominates Howard constantly, and defends Shaq and Tim Duncan 1 on 1.

Without Yao the Rockets had no person to prevent Gasol from going from 9 rebounds a game in the 3 games when Yao was there to 16 rebounds a game the 4 remaining games after Yao got injured. They had no sort of interior scoring or shot blocking. Yao is tough, his scoring is what is passive (soft)... not his rebounding or defense. You haven't watched too many Rocket games I guess.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:14 PM   #13
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....
 
beasted86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: So-Fla PSN:Ghostfaced
Posts: 7,488
beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: What if Wade doesn't re-sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba24
Lol bunch of kids...Wade is going nowhere...you guys have plenty of cap space...a healthy squad...an improving roster...a very well trained coach...not to mention its South beach...

I can envision Bosh or maybe a Marcus Camby from the clippers....the heat are fine...they are a year from serious contention...wade is in his prime so i expect riley to do what he does best....build around a veteran...


and just so u know...lebron aint goin nowhere either....

Amare, Bosh, Shaq, T-Mac...yea those guys...not Wade and lebron...too much candy boys....

I'm sure most of us know this already. Were just passing the time. 5 more months until preseason.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:42 PM   #14
sobeking
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 63
sobeking has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What if Wade doesn't re-sign?

What if Wade doesn't resign? We are screwed.
Cause him leaving the Heat means probably that the FO failed to build a competitive team around him, bad trades and our young players didn't panned out.

If that's the scenario, we are screwed, we gonna lose Wade and we won't lure anyone else to replace him...
sobeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:57 PM   #15
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star
 
Lord Leoshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bizzaro world
Posts: 1,325
Lord Leoshes has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What if Wade doesn't re-sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
Yao is an elite post defender. He is one of the only guys who dominates Howard constantly, and defends Shaq and Tim Duncan 1 on 1.

Without Yao the Rockets had no person to prevent Gasol from going from 9 rebounds a game in the 3 games when Yao was there to 16 rebounds a game the 4 remaining games after Yao got injured. They had no sort of interior scoring or shot blocking. Yao is tough, his scoring is what is passive (soft)... not his rebounding or defense. You haven't watched too many Rocket games I guess.



Ive seen enough games to say that he defends like George Muresap, a stick in the mud. Am not talking about his offense, just his defense. The guy is too slow to run the court, & move laterally. Everyone drives past him like if he was a matador. He should scream OLAY every time some one drives past him.

He is no way near Wade, Kobe, Bron, Howard, Paul, or even Duncan, & Garnetts level & never will.
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:31 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy