Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
Al Thornton
Banned

Default E3 Discussion

Some cool ****s going down at E3 this week so talk about it in here.

Microsoft had their press conference today with some big announcements. Halo: Reach, L4D 2, the camera motion control ****** ****. I really liked the Splinter Cell Conviction trailer **** looks cool.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:19 PM   #2
GiveItToBurrito

Default Re: E3 Discussion

The new Metal Gear game is what got me pumped the most. I was scared as hell that it would be 360-exclusive, too.

I'm still looking forward to Nintendo's announcements. I'm not really a big Wii person, but I loved Mario Galaxy and Zelda, and I read that they might make an announcement regarding both franchises this year.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:30 PM   #3
Al Thornton
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
The new Metal Gear game is what got me pumped the most. I was scared as hell that it would be 360-exclusive, too.

I'm still looking forward to Nintendo's announcements. I'm not really a big Wii person, but I loved Mario Galaxy and Zelda, and I read that they might make an announcement regarding both franchises this year.

Yeah, I wanna know what Nintendo will announce, but I really didn't care about the Metal Gear game. In my opinion Kojima needs to end it and start a new franchise.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:54 PM   #4
kentatm
NBA Legend

I thought UbiSoft had a kick ass show. I was surprised at how many Wii exclusives they had. I wish the Assassins Creed 2 trailer had included some game play.

EA was meh. Dante's Inferno looked like an ok God of War knockoff and Mass Effect 2 showed promise. I am still annoyed that Dead Space Extraction on Wii is a rail shooter though it does look like they are actually trying graphics wise. Perhaps their girl centric lines will be big sellers but I dunno. Most girls I know seem to enjoy games like Left 4 Dead and Punchout much more than pet simulators and the like once us guys actually let them play.

Microsoft was ok but that full body motion thing is years away and was just a tech demo. I'll wait until the real thing comes out. Right now its just an expensive Eye Toy with a speaker. What is funny though is I went on some 360 boards at IGN and the same cats who rip the Wii as waving your arms around are now crapping their pants over waving your arms around on 360.

Good show so far though. Several games that look like they will pretty damn fun to play.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:52 PM   #5
NastaMaverick
College star

Nintendos conference was solid. Super Mario Bros. for the Wii, a new Golden Sun, Mario Galaxy 2, and a completely new kind of Metroid.

Last edited by NastaMaverick : 06-02-2009 at 01:57 PM.
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:53 PM   #6
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

best game so far this gen, imo, gets a sequel. mario galaxy 2 on the way!!

and a 4 player side scrolling mario as well?!

new metroid from nintendo and team ninja (ninja gaiden). looks like they've reinvented the game a little with some 3rd and 1st person action.

SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:57 PM   #7
NastaMaverick
College star

Im most excited for the new Metroid. Looks like it has potential to be f*ckin epic.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:18 PM   #8
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Any system price drop news? Waiting on the ps3 to go down a bit.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:42 PM   #9
Kungfro
NBA lottery pick

So Alan Wake is finally ready to be released eh? That game seems to come up at every e3. At least we don't have to deal with anymore Duke Nukem Forever teasers.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:39 PM   #10
Al Thornton
Banned

Metal Gear being milked now. Thought 4 was the last? The psp one looks pretty cool though, psp is finally getting a good lineup of games.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #11
NastaMaverick
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
Metal Gear being milked now. Thought 4 was the last? The psp one looks pretty cool though, psp is finally getting a good lineup of games.
The one on the 360 is with Raiden, not snake. and the one for the PSP is a sequel to MGS3.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:14 PM   #12
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Has anyone heard of that Ghostbusters game coming out? The gameplay for that looks pretty amazing. I may actually buy that game.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:59 PM   #13
GiveItToBurrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
Has anyone heard of that Ghostbusters game coming out? The gameplay for that looks pretty amazing. I may actually buy that game.

I'm not really that buzzed about it, but I think a demo comes out this week.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:18 AM   #14
GiveItToBurrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
The one on the 360 is with Raiden, not snake. and the one for the PSP is a sequel to MGS3.

Plus, even though 4 was called the last in the series (which it may very well be with regards to Solid Snake, since I don't really see where else his story could go), it's such a big franchise that you just know it'll never die. I mean, Halo 3 is "the last game in the Halo sage", even though we all know it's not going to be the end of the franchise.

I agree with Al Thornton, too, about how it would be preferable for Kojima to start a new franchise. As a fan of the Metal Gear series, it would suck to see him leave it, but I really do have confidence in his ability to create an interesting new IP. Metal Gear can basically write itself as far as gameplay and story is concerned (base to infiltrate + new gadgets + double crosses = success), so I'd be fine with one of his assistants taking over.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:18 AM   #15
kentatm
NBA Legend

Samus FTW!

Last edited by kentatm : 06-03-2009 at 04:25 AM.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: