Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-10-2009, 11:18 AM   #1
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default mos def calls out jigga, challenges jay-z, weezy to a rap battle

his response to jigga's perennial claim that he is "the best rapper alive".

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...RKMFFaugGK9o2Y

Quote:
You really think that Jay and Weezy can beat me, Mos asked in a video. It will never happen. None of them. Whoever. Listen, n*ggas I like, I love Freeway, but come get the money if you think you can. Beans, I love him.[Andre 3000] ,whatever, Im taking the money back to Brooklyn. Im taking the money back to Brooklyn. Jay is the best out. Im taking the ring and Im taking the belt right back.

he expands on the concept in this interview with angie martinez (part 2). he proposes a superevent in which a team headed by him including DOOM, jay electronica, black thought and nas battles against jigga and "whoever" for a pot, with proceeds going to the winner as well as new orleans for redevelopment.

interesting concept. i would personally love to see this sh*t. i'm curious to see if/how jay responds to this.
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:23 AM   #2
unbreakable
National High School Star

unbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryunbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: mos def calls out jigga, challenges jay-z, weezy to a rap battle

aint ever gonna happen...but props to mos def for trying to set something like this up.
unbreakable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:37 AM   #3
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Mos is my boy, but I dont know if he can handle hova....

maybe he can! I'd like to see a battle between those 2...

Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Mos would kill Jay-z
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #5
arkain
Local High School Star

arkain has decent reputation

I personally dont care much for Jay-Z and Weezy's music but I got a question for their fans. Are these guys actually proven as freestyle battle rappers or even Mos Def?

Anybody got any vids of em freestyling?

Out of all the rappers in that post I actually only listen to DOOM now.
arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:56 AM   #6
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkain
I personally dont care much for Jay-Z and Weezy's music but I got a question for their fans. Are these guys actually proven as freestyle battle rappers or even Mos Def?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmqXKbxDoJ0
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:56 AM   #7
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Mos is my boy, but I dont know if he can handle hova....

maybe he can! I'd like to see a battle between those 2...

R.I.P. Mos

v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:03 PM   #8
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would love to see that superevent happen. There's nothing wrong with healthy competition between the best at their craft. I don't think it will happen though.

I don't think I ever heard a Jay Z freestyle so I wouldn't really know what to expect.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:33 PM   #9
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

This is actually a moronic move by Mos. This is true on many levels. Don't let all the success and bling bling persona of Jay-Z fool you. Jay-Z is one of the most talanted "spitters" past, present and future. I love me some Mos, but all skills combined, what exactly can Mos do better than Jay? Jay is a superior writer... a lot of people don't get that and may think Mos is more talented there... all your backpack hip hop hippies and such... but Jay is and has been on top of the game for legit reasons.

Why is Mos calling out Wayne? This makes absolutely no sense. Mos is just looking for attention. Dumb move. Somewhat funny actually, but very abstract.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:46 PM   #10
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2_r1inTv1M
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #11
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

A lot of Mos Def's freestyles are straight booty.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:10 PM   #12
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Mos is straight fire with his freestyles. Plus who wouldn't want to see Nas murder Jay Z again seeing as Nas is going to be on Mos' team?
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:36 PM   #13
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Mos > Lil Wayne
Nas < Jay-Z
Doom = Andre 3000

Jay-Z would probably stack his team though with the likes of Eminem, Freeway and the other three mentioned above.

Anyways, this will never happen because the commercial guys have everything to lose from this while the underground guys have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

The only reason Mos put the NO charity crap into all this was to

1. Draw Lil Wayne into it
2. Make all the guys who decline look like *******s and tarnish Wayne's name and make him look unloyal to his city.

P.S.
I'm not a Lil Wayne fan but real recognize real.

Last edited by BlazersDozen : 06-10-2009 at 01:39 PM.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:37 PM   #14
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Mos Def couldn't even handle Chris Hitchens. That was ****ing brutal to watch.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:39 PM   #15
blasian
The Afrocentric Asian

blasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Mos is straight fire with his freestyles. Plus who wouldn't want to see Nas murder Jay Z again seeing as Nas is going to be on Mos' team?

If they had to write shyt down, Nas would win. But as far as an off the top battle, I'm putting my money on Jay.

I remember after Nas dropped Ether, Jay tried to challenge Nas to a pay per view battle but Nas refused.
blasian is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: