Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-10-2009, 09:13 PM   #1
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Where Does Requiem For A Dream Rank?

Both the movie and the theme song? I can't tell which one is more epic in their own sense.

The movie actually opened my eyes on how I look at fiends (Just a bit) but more about how I look at crazy people. The sub plot for the old lady was AMAZING and probably one of the only movies/sub plots that really made my heart pound. When it was done I just said "What the fuuuuckkkk" I seriously couldn't believe how it got to me so badly. 99% of the movies I see make me think for a bit but thats it. I've been thinking about Requiem all day today and I probably won't stop for another week. It touched on a lot of my interests.

Am I the only one who has a huge love afair with this movie. What other movies deal with drugs like this? Trainspotters? What else? I feel like such a movie n00b.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:15 PM   #2
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Where Does Requiem For A Dream Rank?

It was pretty good, but I didn't think great.

Fear and Loathing is another drug movie that's popular.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:16 PM   #3
beasly15
TEXANS

beasly15 has decent reputationbeasly15 has decent reputation

it's better than spun.
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:20 PM   #4
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

yeah its a very good film, like all of aronofskys.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:23 PM   #5
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

It ranks as one hell of a disturbing movie.

theme song is great, but now it's played out.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:30 PM   #6
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
Both the movie and the theme song? I can't tell which one is more epic in their own sense.

The movie actually opened my eyes on how I look at fiends (Just a bit) but more about how I look at crazy people. The sub plot for the old lady was AMAZING and probably one of the only movies/sub plots that really made my heart pound. When it was done I just said "What the fuuuuckkkk" I seriously couldn't believe how it got to me so badly. 99% of the movies I see make me think for a bit but thats it. I've been thinking about Requiem all day today and I probably won't stop for another week. It touched on a lot of my interests.

Am I the only one who has a huge love afair with this movie. What other movies deal with drugs like this? Trainspotters? What else? I feel like such a movie n00b.

Trainspotting is ever better, at least in my opinion. It's general tone isn't as disturbing as Requiem for a dream, being even funny at times. Also, the thoughts on life it introduces are deep and interesting. Remarkable soundtrack as well.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:31 PM   #7
GUUS
Banned

GUUS has decent reputation

film top 90,

theme song

top 5 for sure, that songs epic and you hear it everywhere
GUUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:32 PM   #8
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

it is a great theme.

i felt the music in the fountain- clint mansells other great score was even better.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:33 PM   #9
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Trainspotters
Trainspotting ;)

I've always considered it a movie I was proud to get through once - but one that I would never decide to watch again. It was wildly interesting and Aronofsky used some crazy effects, but I don't think there will ever be an evening where I'll feel bored and decide that the one movie I'd like to rewatch is Requiem for a Dream. It has zero rewatchability imo, if only because it wasn't very enjoyable to sit through the first time.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:50 PM   #10
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ive watched it about 8 times.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:57 PM   #11
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
I've always considered it a movie I was proud to get through once - but one that I would never decide to watch again. It was wildly interesting and Aronofsky used some crazy effects, but I don't think there will ever be an evening where I'll feel bored and decide that the one movie I'd like to rewatch is Requiem for a Dream. It has zero rewatchability imo, if only because it wasn't very enjoyable to sit through the first time.

Interesting. I feel similar but only because I feel like I soaked up alot from the first viewing. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw it again next week though.

I have Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas on download for the past hour but I don't know what to expect. I had a lot of hype for Requiem built up and it paid off, I just don't know what to expect for Fear and Loathing.

Trainspotting will probably be next on my list.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #12
IBLEEDGREEN20
Local High School Star

IBLEEDGREEN20 is considered somewhat coolIBLEEDGREEN20 is considered somewhat cool

bugged me out really bad when i first saw it. the scene where mrs goldfarb is grinding her teeth when harry visits is forever in my brain, as well the last 25 minutes of the movie..

overall it is incredible, one of the only movies to really stay in my mind long after watching it.

ass to ass

Last edited by IBLEEDGREEN20 : 06-10-2009 at 10:34 PM.
IBLEEDGREEN20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:35 PM   #13
IBLEEDGREEN20
Local High School Star

IBLEEDGREEN20 is considered somewhat coolIBLEEDGREEN20 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
Interesting. I feel similar but only because I feel like I soaked up alot from the first viewing. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw it again next week though.

I have Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas on download for the past hour but I don't know what to expect. I had a lot of hype for Requiem built up and it paid off, I just don't know what to expect for Fear and Loathing.

Trainspotting will probably be next on my list.

trainspotting is good, check out pie as well
IBLEEDGREEN20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:42 PM   #14
beasly15
TEXANS

beasly15 has decent reputationbeasly15 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLEEDGREEN20
trainspotting is good, check out pie as well

i was about to say that.. and it's pi
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:51 PM   #15
Gundress
Banned

Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation

I have never seen that movie before but I heard it before and I almost buy that movie but for some reason, I was afraid to buy that movie.
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: