Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-10-2009, 09:41 PM   #1
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

SourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default foot fracture advice

so i broke my foot about nine weeks ago. fifth metatarsal fracture. i've been off crutches for three weeks. does anyone here have any experience with this?

i want to know when i can run, like endurance training...
SourGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: foot fracture advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourGrapes
so i broke my foot about nine weeks ago. fifth metatarsal fracture. i've been off crutches for three weeks. does anyone here have any experience with this?

I broke my heel 2 years ago, let your foot tell you. take it slow and see what you can do. if it starts getting sore give it some rest if not keep going
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:44 PM   #3
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is the last place to ask advice like that. What the hell are you thinking?
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:45 PM   #4
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

SourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
This is the last place to ask advice like that. What the hell are you thinking?

lol that someone sincere might have experience?

^(btw thanks dirtbag)
Old 06-10-2009, 09:47 PM   #5
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
lol that someone sincere might have experience?

^(btw thanks dirtbag)

Being sincere doesn't make you knowledgeable; ridiculous thing to ask in a basketball forum.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:51 PM   #6
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I dunno, I think there might be some people who have had foot injuries that play basketball (or other sports) that might know how long it took them to heal or how if it still hurts that you should back off and not push it. Asking them to set your broken foot though, that seems crazy. I wouldn't do that.
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:51 PM   #7
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilcc
What the hell, guy?
What do we need doctors who go through decade of school and residence for when we have ish?

my orthopedic said to just try it out, but that isn't the same as someone who has actually had experience who might give a time table
Old 06-10-2009, 09:52 PM   #8
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

Quote:
Being sincere doesn't make you knowledgeable; ridiculous thing to ask in a basketball forum.

not too ridiculous. i didn't say sincerity makes you knowledgeable, but if someone was both that would be helpful to me wouldn't it

otherwise, don't respond to the f.ucking thread
Old 06-10-2009, 10:16 PM   #9
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ask Yao.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:19 PM   #10
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Not trying to be a jerk here, but asking somebody who has completed medical school might be better than asking InsideHoops.com's OTC. If only there was a profession that specialized in treating injuries.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:26 PM   #11
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Not trying to be a jerk here, but asking somebody who has completed medical school might be better than asking InsideHoops.com's OTC. If only there was a profession that specialized in treating injuries.

as i said earlier, my orthopedic surgeon told me to just try it out and see how it progressed.

i thought asking someone who might have had experience seemed like a good idea in addition to getting the proper medical treatment.

maybe that was stupid
Old 06-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #12
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Your surgeon has experience and I'm sure he gave you more specific directions than that. Aren't you rehabbing? If yes, your therapist would have additional suggestions and timelines.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:33 PM   #13
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

Quote:
Your surgeon has experience and I'm sure he gave you more specific directions than that. Aren't you rehabbing? If yes, your therapist would have additional suggestions and timelines.

all he said is ease into running. if it hurts, give it rest and try in a few days.

i'm not rehabbing, as i was able to walk unassisted about three days after getting off crutches
Old 06-10-2009, 11:59 PM   #14
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
as i said earlier, my orthopedic surgeon told me to just try it out and see how it progressed.

i thought asking someone who might have had experience seemed like a good idea in addition to getting the proper medical treatment.

maybe that was stupid
If nothing else, +1 for taking my post on the chin and not being a d-bag about it.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:59 AM   #15
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
If nothing else, +1 for taking my post on the chin and not being a d-bag about it.

i, unlike some on ish, know it's just conversation
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: