Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 10-11-2006, 06:36 PM   #1
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

Default Laker Fans are funny...

They're all over there on their board talkin about how KG is past his prime and they wouldn't give up Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown, or Andrew Bynum in a deal for KG ... Which is a good thing because I wouldn't want any of them anyways, especially Brown or Bynum. But I got a good chuckle outta that.

So who do they expect to give up if they want KG... Chris Mihm? Personally, I'd hate to see KG go anywhere for anyone but I definitely wouldn't be mad at him or blame him for forcing his way out in the next year if things don't start to look more promising to him.

What i'd really like to see happen is for the Wolves to make a deal for Iverson... That would definitely keep KG around for a while. We'd have to include Randy Foye in any deal like that but AI would be worth it. Of course the probability of that happening is very slim, but thats what the Wolves should do.

Now, if McHale could only work on a KG for Kwame swap :stupid:

Last edited by Skywalker : 10-11-2006 at 07:07 PM.
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:07 PM   #2
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

I sincerely believe that we should not have to give up Foye in a KG trade for Iverson. KG is still the better player.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:33 PM   #3
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

I said if we traded for Iverson, that would keep KG around for a while... Meaning i think we should trade for Iverson to give KG the true superstar he needs along side of him. But no, if we had to give KG up in a deal for Iverson than i definitely wouldn't do that. But we'd have to give the 76ers Foye in any deal that we made with them...
Old 10-11-2006, 07:59 PM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1584
They're all over there on their board talkin about how KG is past his prime and they wouldn't give up Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown, or Andrew Bynum in a deal for KG ... Which is a good thing because I wouldn't want any of them anyways, especially Brown or Bynum. But I got a good chuckle outta that.

So who do they expect to give up if they want KG... Chris Mihm? Personally, I'd hate to see KG go anywhere for anyone but I definitely wouldn't be mad at him or blame him for forcing his way out in the next year if things don't start to look more promising to him.

What i'd really like to see happen is for the Wolves to make a deal for Iverson... That would definitely keep KG around for a while. We'd have to include Randy Foye in any deal like that but AI would be worth it. Of course the probability of that happening is very slim, but thats what the Wolves should do.

Now, if McHale could only work on a KG for Kwame swap :stupid:

Wow dude, you are so obnoxious.
Do these people need a play by play? u dont think they can go around searching for them self? instead u go out and have to draw so much attention.

Ur voice is probably annoying as your post right here.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:44 PM   #5
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Do these people need a play by play? u dont think they can go around searching for them self? instead u go out and have to draw so much attention.

lakerfreak, don't bother with him. he didn't state the facts correctly anyway. obviously all the posters on the Laker thread would trade LO for KG straight-up. the question is how much more would we be willing to give up for KG. Laker fans were arguing that we should not give up both LO AND Kwame or Bynum.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:59 PM   #6
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

Who in the hell are u??

Ok, so u Laker fans arent great in comprehending what u read... I said that I thought it was funny how most of u Laker fans wouldn't even give up Kwame or Bynum in a deal for KG. Just thought i'd point that out because it was comical in a way. And yes, as u can see... look at all the attention i'm drawing

How is the post annoying? And how does that translate to my voice being annoying? Why should I care what u think of my post or my voice? MY VOICE?? Get outta here with that b.s. Ur nothin to me ... I found a comical post on the Laker board, commented on it over there, and thought i'd share it with some people over here. And then i commented on how I think the Wolves should get AI... but fell short of saying I wouldn't offer Mark Madsen or Paul Shirley in the deal because I know Philly fans would find that amusing as well.

Laker fans were arguing that we should not give up both LO AND Kwame or Bynum.

Exactly my point. U think the Wolves would even consider taking Odom & Kwame or Bynum in a deal for KG. At least on the Wizards board they were being somewhat realistic, knowing it'd take Jamison & Butler (BOTH) to get KG. Odom & Brown or Bynum?? Like I said before, its just comical... thats all.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:13 PM   #7
lawlerslaw100
Good High School Starter

Thumbs down The Faker fan infects another forum...

this is why team forums need Mods :stupid:

From mod: What do you want me to do?

Last edited by XxNeXuSxX : 10-12-2006 at 12:09 AM.
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 11:20 PM   #8
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

It wouldn't be such a big deal if they didn't come up with such ridiculous trade ideas and then come over here and attack... my VOICE of all things! Stand up comedy routine of the year goes to.... the entire Laker board!
Old 10-12-2006, 12:09 AM   #9
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Just reminding you, we do have team forum mods!

*AHEM*
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:15 AM   #10
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

Just reminding you, we do have team forum mods!

Unfortunately, they can't stop Laker fans from coming up with unrealistic trade ideas. From the looks of it, Clipper fans are having their own problems with certain Laker fans.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:17 AM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Those trade Ideas being unrealistic is your opinion.

And the trade Ideas we come up with is ours. So thats ok to do in this forum as long as we keep it cool. But you came in and started attacking the idea, attacking laker players with comments about us having a crappy roster.

My bad for saying ur voice is annoying as ur post but im just saying if u think an idea is bad u dont need to involve every person in the forum so they could come attack too.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:33 AM   #12
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

But you came in and started attacking the idea, attacking laker players with comments about us having a crappy roster.

I did attack the idea, yeah... but I dont think I said anything about the Lakers having a "crappy" roster. I just said that I dont think they have the talent (besides Kobe) to put together a realistic offer for KG. But after I thought about it more, and I said this on the Laker board, it really actually comes down to the fact that the Wolves more than likely aren't gonna trade KG to any Western Conference team, like the Lakers did when shipping Shaq out to Miami.

My bad for saying ur voice is annoying as ur post but im just saying if u think an idea is bad u dont need to involve every person in the forum so they could come attack too.

Alright, my bad... I wasn't trying to get every T-Wolves fan to go over to the Laker board and start somethin'. As u can see, this board is pretty dead compared to a lot of boards and if i see any thread about KG, I usually read it. And depending on what it is, respond to it. Anyways...
Old 10-12-2006, 04:12 AM   #13
hotsizzle
Superstar

Im not here to attack. just to clarify. Any laker fan would trade lamar for KG straight up. The point made over there was basically about KG's age and the lakers future. If we give up Odom/Kwame/1st rounder for KG...the speculation is now on how much longer can KG be effective. Age is a risky factor and you never know and can never guess if a player will decline slowly or fast or get injured. So what laker fans are sayin is that if we were to give up our 24 yr old center or our 18 yr old center (who both have promising potential) and then have KG fade after a couple of yrs...it will leave us in a bad situation...where we would have to rebuild all over again.

The subject discussed here isnt if KG makes us better or not, because any knowledgable basketball fan knows that a kobe/KG combo would absolutely dominate. Both are top 5 players and can dominate the league while feeding off each other.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 05:37 PM   #14
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

I don't think it would be much of a risk factor for the Lakers. KG will be tradable later on...he's never not been in shape. The guy will be great for a long time and I thought laker fans had a lot of confidence that Kwame was going to be really good this season or the next? I wouldn't trade Kwame if he's going to be your next superstar.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: