Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-12-2009, 01:34 PM   #1
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default All Time Favorite Lakers

I'm updating my list now.....last time I did this was 2004

1) Magic....will always be Magic no matter what. The GOAT IMO.
2) Kobe Bryant....Kobe jumped to the second spot on my list. Only way he can top Magic is if he wins us 3 more titles so we can one up the Celts....well I did say Magic will always be no matter what though so scratch what i said.
3) Big Game James....the finsher to all of those Showtime fast breaks!!!
4) D-Fish and Robert Horry....clutch threes in the games that matter most...game six vs. Sac....04 seconds vs. the Spurs...now game 4 vs. the Magic. Horry and Fish just win championships for us period. I love those guys!!!
5) Shaq....dude drops to 5 on my list cause he left period. Thanks for the three rings big guy but we should of got more.

Here is to the Lakers winning number 15 yall!!!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:17 PM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: All Time Favorite Lakers

I have but 1 all time favorite laker. The rest come in 2nd place....

Kobe Bryant

He is the most skilled of any of these guys. Scores at will, something neither of them could do. Played defense better than all of them, and displayed a hunger that has never been seen in this league since Michael Jordan.

Final Answer

I also believe Pau is the third greatest laker big man behind Kareem and Shaq.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:50 PM   #3
djwhizard
drum & bass!

djwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected poster

Hmmmmm, favorite Lakers.

I won't go back past the showtime era, because I didn't witness any of it live....

So, here goes. Not in any particular order.

Kobe Bryant : it is been a shear joy to watch this man on the court, and make amazing play after amazing play. Circus shots, monster dunks, clutch 3's, crazy blocks, etc. etc. etc.

Shaq : What a beast, having Shaq in his prime was a blessing, and he delivered us to the promise land multiple times.

Magic Johnson : Greatest Point Guard ever. Nothing more need be said.

James Worthy : Big game James, thanks for everything.

Pau Gasol : only a couple of years on the team, but his impact has been huge - returning this team to title contender status, and I hope to see him in a purple and gold jersey for a long time to come.

Ronny Turiaf : I know he wasn't a Laker for too long (not long enough anyways), but watching someone play with that effort and that amount of heart was truly inspiring, it was a sad day when the organization spent the money on Vujabrick instead of Turiaf.

Kareem : amazing center, top scorer of all time in the NBA, unguardable shot with the skyhook.

Robert Horry & Rick Fox : big time vet leadership, big shots, hard fouls, great defense. Lots of intangibles that were the glue to championship teams.

Derek Fisher : .4 / 4.6
djwhizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:16 PM   #4
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well, it depends on what we are talking about. Somebody put Kobe as their favorite player because the person thinks he is the most skilled. Somebody put Magic because the person thinks he is the GOAT.

If we are talking about my favorite player with only pure skill in mind then Kobe is at the top of my favorite Laker list. If we are talking about my favorite player with the greatest personality and versatility then Magic is my favorite player. If we are talking about my favorite player that I would enjoy watching the most then it is a split between Kobe/Shaq as my favorite player. If we are talking about my favorite player that I thought was the best overall, Kareem would be at the top of my list. If we are talking about my favorite player that I enjoyed watching dance and scream then Turiaf is my favorite player.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:56 PM   #5
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Derek Fisher, Brian Shaw, Robert Horry, Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum, the Shaqtus!

Last edited by LA_Showtime : 06-12-2009 at 07:00 PM.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:30 PM   #6
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Pau Gasol because Ive been a fan of his since before he entered the NBA
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:41 PM   #7
NZ33
High School Starter

NZ33 is considered somewhat coolNZ33 is considered somewhat cool

I only rellay started watching the NBA towards the end of the 3 peat, so my choices are limited to then as I was not fortunate enough to watch Magic KAJ etc but my list goes like this:

1) Kobe - I admire his work ethic and his desire to win at all costs helps that hes the best in the league
2)Rob Horry - Hit so many key shots over his lakers career and the perfect compliment to shaq
3)Fish - Plays hard brings it evreynight, puts his body on the line.
NZ33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:50 AM   #8
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool

shaq is out of the top 5 now....

west at three...then Kareem....the Worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
I'm updating my list now.....last time I did this was 2004

1) Magic....will always be Magic no matter what. The GOAT IMO.
2) Kobe Bryant....Kobe jumped to the second spot on my list. Only way he can top Magic is if he wins us 3 more titles so we can one up the Celts....well I did say Magic will always be no matter what though so scratch what i said.
3) Big Game James....the finsher to all of those Showtime fast breaks!!!
4) D-Fish and Robert Horry....clutch threes in the games that matter most...game six vs. Sac....04 seconds vs. the Spurs...now game 4 vs. the Magic. Horry and Fish just win championships for us period. I love those guys!!!
5) Shaq....dude drops to 5 on my list cause he left period. Thanks for the three rings big guy but we should of got more.

Here is to the Lakers winning number 15 yall!!!
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:47 AM   #9
with malice
I hit open 5-footers

with malice is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I've always liked Kareem, Magic, Kobe... really liked Ronny Turiaf when he was a Laker - and DJ Mbenga too!

Amazingly enough - now, Ron Artest.
with malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:32 AM   #10
ClutchBucketz
I hit open 5-footers

ClutchBucketz has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by with malice
I've always liked Kareem, Magic, Kobe... really liked Ronny Turiaf when he was a Laker - and DJ Mbenga too!

Amazingly enough - now, Ron Artest.

Doesn't the guy frustrate you? I really try to like him and i've had his back while he's been a laker but i just feel he's never quite had "it" in his run with them.
ClutchBucketz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:36 AM   #11
with malice
I hit open 5-footers

Hell yes he frustrates me. But he (from a few years ago to now) plays the game, and 'is' (as a person) the way NBA players should be. They *should* be having fun.
Ron Artest is like a kid who loves basketball, and suddenly finds himself in the NBA. "Isn't this cool?" "Hey... wanna play?"
I love the way he interacts with his fans. He even turns up at their houses sometimes... guy has unbridled enthusiasm for the game, and that's refreshing.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:24 PM   #12
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sorry but im gonna go for the first 2 common picks..

90's - Current.

1). Kobe
2). Shaq
3). Lamar Odom - Not really a common pick, but I love his game!
4). Rick Fox Or Trevor Ariza
5). Robert Horry
6). Devean George
7). DFISH
8). Brian Shaw
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:25 PM   #13
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I have but 1 all time favorite laker. The rest come in 2nd place....

Kobe Bryant

He is the most skilled of any of these guys. Scores at will, something neither of them could do. Played defense better than all of them, and displayed a hunger that has never been seen in this league since Michael Jordan.

Final Answer

I also believe Pau is the third greatest laker big man behind Kareem and Shaq.

I thought you were about to say Smush Parker

but anyways, wanna smush? (YES HOMO)
Old 11-17-2011, 12:45 AM   #14
with malice
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
3). Lamar Odom - Not really a common pick, but I love his game!

You'll probably enjoy this then: Lamar Odom... #ALWAYSON
Old 11-17-2011, 01:11 AM   #15
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

I LOVE SMUSH PARKER!!

HES THE GOAT!

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: