Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-11-2006, 10:07 PM   #1
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

jrt1584 has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs down Do the T-Wolves really want Kwame or Bynum THAT bad??

Nope Lakers don't have the talent, besides Kobe, to make any sort of reasonable offer for KG. Go turn on your X-Box's or PS2's and make the trades on there... That's as close to KG as u people are gonna get. Don't sleep on Paul Shirley by the way. He's a training camp invitee and champion blog writer... If he has a big preseason, he may end up on the trading block and Kobe will end up with the Wolves
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:33 PM   #2
ALlArOuNDPIaya
Rational on Kobe

ALlArOuNDPIaya has an OK reputation so far

I agree 100% some Laker fans get crazy...

On one hand, they say Kobe has the worst teammates in the NBA.

But on the other hand, these same players are enough to get kg?
ALlArOuNDPIaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:45 PM   #3
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I dont really agree with you. I think what some of us LA Laker fans perceive, is that a bubble is going to burst and KG is going to finally want out of Timberwolf country.

When he ultimately makes that declaration, the Timberwolves will lose trade leverage. This is exactly what happened to the Lakers and they ended up giving up Shaq for a song.

KG does have a home in so cali, so it might be a logical choice for him to live here and want to play here. He WOULD have influence on the trade process, just as Shaq did.

Something for you to ponder....
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 11:04 PM   #4
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

Those are reasonable points... but do u think that if the time comes where KG demands a trade, the Wolves would trade him to another Western Conference team? Especially a team that has Kobe on it already? I highly doubt that. He'd go out east, to a team like Detroit, if Flip is still coaching there. And on top of that, the Pistons have more talent to offer. But i'm guessing KG getting traded to a Western Conference team is 99% outta the question.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:14 PM   #5
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1584
Those are reasonable points... but do u think that if the time comes where KG demands a trade, the Wolves would trade him to another Western Conference team? Especially a team that has Kobe on it already? I highly doubt that. He'd go out east, to a team like Detroit, if Flip is still coaching there. And on top of that, the Pistons have more talent to offer. But i'm guessing KG getting traded to a Western Conference team is 99% outta the question.

I don't disagree with that point fully. I guess that would be all up to KG's willingness to maximize his trade value for the Timberwolves. He could make it very difficult for the Wolves to not do what he wants. Yes, you are absolutely correct that logically, a Western Conference team would be out of the question, but stranger things have happened.

This is all speculation of course, as right now KG is a Timberwolf and has not requested a trade.

(I could throw in the argument about Evans and Williams being on the Lakers and KG wanting to play with family... but I wont go there! haha )
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 11:29 PM   #6
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

I know that Shammond Williams is KG's cousin, but Mo Evans isn't family too is he? Or are u just sayin that Evans is an ex-teammate of KG... If the Wolves are forced to trade KG to a Western Conference team, which I still think is highly unlikely, it'd be a team that isn't much of a threat like the Blazers. But then, I doubt the Wolves would want Randolph, Miles, or anyone that the Blazers have to offer. So who knows... With McHale, u really never know what he's gonna do (Joe Smith contract). So u are right, stranger things have happened and Wolves fans know that first hand.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:49 PM   #7
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

randy foye = KG stays in minny
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:36 AM   #8
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1584

Why not??? What do they have to lose??? It's not like the Minnesota Timberwolves are contenders for the Western Conference Championship. It doesn't matter if he goes to a Western Conference team or an Eastern Conference team, they're not contenders when he's there and they won't be contenders when he leaves so what difference does that kind of logic make??? Absolutely no sense at all.

The Minnesota Timberwolves should be worried about the talent they get back instead of who they choose to trade with because they probably will have very little to say when Kevin Garnett comes up to management for a trade; and that's if he comes back for a trade. I don't think, this close to the season, Los Angeles Lakers fans aren't worried about having Kevin Garnett on this season, but questioning more along the lines of how can this current team gel and how will they be under the Triangle Offense??? That's what's being presented on the boards at least.

You're more worried about this than Los Angeles Lakers fans.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:00 AM   #9
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

It doesn't matter if he goes to a Western Conference team or an Eastern Conference team, they're not contenders when he's there and they won't be contenders when he leaves so what difference does that kind of logic make??? Absolutely no sense at all.

If u think that there's absolutely no logic to trading him to an eastern conference team rather than a western conference team, well..... I can't help u there because in fact, it makes perfect sense. U give Laker fans a bad name everywhere. Now I know why there was a topic in one of the forums asking whose fans were more hated, Laker or Yankee fans. I'm not even gonna get into explaining why it would make no sense at all to trade KG to a western conference team because it's pretty damn basic. And the amount of time i've spent explaining to u WHY i'm not gonna explain it, I could've explained it!

The Minnesota Timberwolves should be worried about the talent they get back instead of who they choose to trade with

Well of course they're worried about who they get in return but why do u think the Lakers shipped Shaq out to Miami? The talent that they got back? Nope... And what conference is Miami in? The East. The Wolves are in the West, the Lakers are in the West. KG will NOT go to any team in the West, guaranteed.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:04 AM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As long as Kevin doesnt say anything he'll end his career in minny.

I think he deserves a better chance for a championship.

By the way everyone when I said earlier that Kevin is past his prime, I kinda regrest saying it because he is still a great player after all.

But my worry is, what if we do get him? we wont have him for very long.

Thats the thing I want a superstar to help kobe for 5 years of consistent great play.

Not some three year left chance and we still might not even win a ship then.

Anyways minny fans, my apologies for the comments.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:48 AM   #11
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

I think he deserves a better chance for a championship.

No kidding... Not resigning Cassell and letting him go to the Clippers was a huge mistake. And before that, trying to pull some stupid under the table deal for Joe Smith cost the Wolves numerous (forgot exactly how many) 1st rd draft picks that is still hurting the team now. If KG ever forced his way outta Minnesota, I wouldnt like it but wouldnt blame him either. He's been extremely patient and loyal to the T-Wolves franchise. Minnesota sports teams have lost Culpepper & Moss in the last 2 years. Culpepper i'm not too upset about, but trading Moss to Oakland was just dumb (off topic, sorry). Losing KG is the last thing we need...

But my worry is, what if we do get him? we wont have him for very long.
Thats the thing I want a superstar to help kobe for 5 years of consistent great play. Not some three year left chance

I think KG is gonna be putting up the #'s he puts up now for at least the next 5 seasons. He takes care of his body and he doesn't have all that weight to carry around like Shaq, or even Duncan for that matter. And KG is great at avoiding contact and really taking a beating like Shaq/Duncan, which isn't necessarily a good thing but will prolong his career. That's why I think KG will be putting up better #'s for a longer period of time than Duncan. Sorry, i keep straying off the topic. But whoever gets KG, when and if he forces a trade, i dont think will need to worry about him going out like Patrick Ewing did or someone like Dikembe Mutombo is now.

Anyways minny fans, my apologies for the comments

No need to apologize, just a little debate is all. As u can see, Minny fans are just as passionate about KG as u guys are about Kobe. They're both top 5 players in the league so who can really blame us?
Old 10-12-2006, 02:55 AM   #12
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Im still hoping he makes his way out of minny, the first month and half about the season will determine that. KG said that he will demand a trade if minny is not a serious contender...we want you KG. you will make us instant contenders. Rather than waiting until minny gets you championship type players and your prime runs out, all you have to do is come to the greatest city in the world where all the lights are and pair up with our GOAT coach and the league's best player. Oh man, what a dream come true that would be.

As I said in my other post, KG being traded to the Lakers is a positive for us but its not an instant pull the trigger for us...but I would pull it haha
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:00 AM   #13
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

So the only way to get KG is to trade Lamar + fillers? I'd hate losing Lamar but Garnett and Kobe would be a dream come true. Probably would make people hate the Lakers less because everyone loves Garnett.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:06 AM   #14
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

So the only way to get KG is to trade Lamar + fillers?

I'm not the T-Wolves GM by any means, but it would at least take that. But I think it all goes back to the fact that the Lakers are a Western Conference team and McHale knows that if he traded KG to the Lakers and teamed him up with Kobe that the Lakers would be dominant in the West for the immediate future. But then again, anyone can bring up that STUPID Joe Smith deal. So nobody can really say that McHale or Glen Taylor aren't stupid enough to trade KG to a western conference team, because they just might be. However, as stupid as they may be... I just dont see them trading KG to anyone in the western conference, especially the Lakers! I just dont see it happening.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:20 AM   #15
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

I don't see it happening either for that same reason. The only way this could work is if Garnett demands a trade to the Lakers and refuses to play for any other team (basically do what Shaq did).
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: