Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 10-12-2006, 12:07 AM   #1
existsluawjb
Can barely lace up my sneakers

existsluawjb has an OK reputation so far
Default my opinion about Kobe and Tracy Mcgrady

It is sure that KObe does very well on the court every night.
t-mac aslo does very well but he could not catch a 81 points one night.
It seems that Kobe is better than T-mac.

I don't think so.

I think everyone who must be a good person first may be a good player.
there are so many negative reports about Kobe involving sex scandal and she awful relationship with shaq.contrast with Kobe,there is little scandal occured on
T-mac.
so my conclusion is that T-mac is a very excellent basketball player and kobe is not a good person and he is not a good player.
existsluawjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:00 AM   #2
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

lol ok.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:22 AM   #3
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far

Well, Kobe is a good player but, I totally agree in the fact that Tracy is better!
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 04:01 PM   #4
ALeija
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ALeija has an OK reputation so far

mmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmm, are we talking about who's a better person....or who's a better player...

I'll go for T-mac as the best player....because im a Houstonian... and he is an awsome player...

Kobe is a great player too...and he has demonstrated he is, just like T-mac.

Lebron, Wade...they're good young players...and will probably rise to be great players...right now they're good players....
ALeija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 04:29 PM   #5
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

give me kobe, only because he offers better security, unlike tmac's health issues.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 05:42 PM   #6
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

wow this is the worst thread ever. so many dumb things have been said.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 05:55 PM   #7
BTrujillo
& got a triple-double

BTrujillo has decent reputationBTrujillo has decent reputation

this thread is ridiculous....tmac is an amazing OFFENSIVE player...most definitely towards the top of the list....Kobe is right up there....you could make a case either way for who is a better offensive player...my vote is for kobe because he's a little more versatile and there is no one else in the league i would want to have the ball when the clock is running out....

now thats just talking about offense....basketball...as it seems some of you have forgotten...is also played on the defensive end...and kobe and tmac are complete opposites....in my opinion Kobe is much better basketball player than TMac cuz he plays on both ends
BTrujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 05:58 PM   #8
schyza
High School Starter

schyza has decent reputationschyza has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
wow this is the worst thread ever. so many dumb things have been said.

*co-sign*

No disrespect T-Mac was good in his prime and a joy to watch but better then Kobe? He wasn’t back then and sure as hell isn't now that his back has gone out!!! And coming from someone with a fused disk in his back, back problem's don't usually just go away so I don't even think he will catch Kobe and the accomplishment's Kobe has made. Make the comparison when he has 3 rings a slam dunk and scoring title just to name a few accomplishments.

Last edited by schyza : 10-12-2006 at 06:22 PM.
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 06:20 PM   #9
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

how many times has T-mac been 1st team All-NBA? how about 1st team all-D?
compare that to Kobe and you will find who is the better player.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 06:31 PM   #10
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn T-Mac
Well, Kobe is a good player but, I totally agree in the fact that Tracy is better!

With all due respect, how can you make that claim? I don't even think T-Mac would agree with you. If both players are healthy, I take Kobe. Just look at the stats and decide yourself.

Unfortunately, T-Mac has been injured way too much in his career, and has never been able to evolve into what he could be.

I can appreciate it if you just may not like Kobe. That is your right and I respect that. But you have to put that aside when judging the talent between the two.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:14 AM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't see how Tmac is better or worse on offense, On offense theyre both the same exact player except Kobe comes up clutch more than T-Mac does.

And because of health issues, tmac doesnt defend well which would separate kobe from him by a decent margin.

but i have no problem with tmac. I just dont think hes better.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 03:12 AM   #12
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
except Kobe comes up clutch more than T-Mac does.

That is not the truth. Plain and simple. See if you can dig up the "clutch log" from the this past year and the year before, and compare. If I'm not mistaken, Tracy had the most entries in that log in '04-'05, and Kobe had surprisingly few.

I also don't agree that Kobe is a better defender for certain. For one, Tracy's best statistical year defensively is better than Kobe's. Second, Kobe can guard quite a few PGs, all SGs, and some SFs. Tracy can guard all SGs, all SFs, some PGs, and some PFs. I prefer that versatility, myself.

But let's be real here. Nobody is going to actually change anyone's mind about who is better, so let's try not to argue. I'd rather just discuss, which is not the same as arguing.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 05:11 AM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns
That is not the truth. Plain and simple. See if you can dig up the "clutch log" from the this past year and the year before, and compare. If I'm not mistaken, Tracy had the most entries in that log in '04-'05, and Kobe had surprisingly few.

I also don't agree that Kobe is a better defender for certain. For one, Tracy's best statistical year defensively is better than Kobe's. Second, Kobe can guard quite a few PGs, all SGs, and some SFs. Tracy can guard all SGs, all SFs, some PGs, and some PFs. I prefer that versatility, myself.

But let's be real here. Nobody is going to actually change anyone's mind about who is better, so let's try not to argue. I'd rather just discuss, which is not the same as arguing.

Keep in Mind im not blaming McGrady for Bad D. He has a back injury and hes a SF while kobe is a SG.

Kobe is quicker in that area.

I;m not tryin to argue.

I like TMac though. I hope he does well. Insha alla
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:17 PM   #14
Hot Shot Rox
Decent playground baller

Hot Shot Rox has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I like TMac though. I hope he does well. Insha alla

I hope he does very well, InshAllah.