Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 10-12-2006, 02:13 AM   #1
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far
Smile Preseason: Sacramento @ Dallas

hey mavs fans, ready to see artest vs. dirk for 2 minutes . i think it will be fun to watch this game even though its preseason. the youngsters on both squads are going to be competitive.

Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:33 AM   #2
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

It looks like we aren't even going to see 2 minutes. Latest word is that they are holding out Dirk, Jet, Stack and Devin again. If it was a regular season game Dirk and Jet would play. Playoff game for Stack and Devin. Bench played a lot against the Hornets, who played their starters the whole 3rd quarter.

Ager, Barea, Washington, Pops and Benga played the 4th. And since Washington, Barea, Carroll and Ebi are all fighting for that last roster spot. I think we are going to see a lot of them.

Hopefully it will be a good one to watch. It is basketball after all. But it won't be anything like the regular seasons contests will be.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:50 PM   #3
flamethrower42
Can barely lace up my sneakers

flamethrower42 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
It looks like we aren't even going to see 2 minutes. Latest word is that they are holding out Dirk, Jet, Stack and Devin again. If it was a regular season game Dirk and Jet would play. Playoff game for Stack and Devin. Bench played a lot against the Hornets, who played their starters the whole 3rd quarter.

Ager, Barea, Washington, Pops and Benga played the 4th. And since Washington, Barea, Carroll and Ebi are all fighting for that last roster spot. I think we are going to see a lot of them.

Hopefully it will be a good one to watch. It is basketball after all. But it won't be anything like the regular seasons contests will be.

This preseason must hold alot of anxiety for players wanting to get a starting job.
Damp is going to be fighting hard to get his starting job back. We need him to be this competitive.

Wonder if they will keep Barea with Harris already having injury problems?

Can't wait to see Ager play, hope he shows the talent we expected from him.

Benga.. lets see what progress he had this summer.

DirecTv has the Mavs vs Kings @ 7:30 CT on channel 751.
That's for those of us that won't be going to the games.. like some we know will.
flamethrower42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:59 PM   #4
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

I can't wait to see how Barea looks for myself. I've heard a lot but have never seen him. Diop didn't get many minutes the other day. If he plays more, I hope it doesn't cut back on Mbenga. I'm excited to see if he's improved with his new contract. Let's just hope Ager's shooting percentage goes up if he's going to keep firing.

Those of that are going to the game feel your pain.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:49 PM   #5
mhsbasketball
lol: smh:

mhsbasketball has decent reputation

God da mn Croshere ****ing sucks 0-3 , turnover, wtf. Why did we get this guy. Marquis is way better. Hes a KVH clone.
mhsbasketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:08 PM   #6
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

wow, wasnt as competetive as i thought it'd be, i wanted to see dirk or terry play for at least a few minutes to make it fun. Josh Howard is a really good player, and i thought Mbenga showed his offense tonight. Bibby was on fire though, made Barea look bad. Austin Croshere needs to step up his game.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:15 PM   #7
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

The game went about the way I thought it would if Avery played the players the way he did Tuesday. You could see Bibby's eyes light up when they put Barea in. But he got over anxious a couple of times. Croshere just plain stunk out there.I wasn't too impressed with Darius Washington either. I thought Damp showed well for the time he got. And it was nice to see Mbenga show a little offense.

I wrote what I thought about the Kings in the Kings forum and am too lazy to type it again! So i'll plug their forum instead!
Old 10-13-2006, 01:22 AM   #8
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Austin Croshere is going to make those ungrateful Mavs fans wish they had King Keith back!
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:43 AM   #9
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Sorry kent, as bad as Croshere was. It was better than seeing keefus out there with his deer-in-the-headlights look. I was on the KVH bandwagon at first. Be he personally drove me off of it.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:14 PM   #10
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Croshere>KVH now and forever.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:06 PM   #11
mhsbasketball
lol: smh:

mhsbasketball has decent reputation

ebi played well.
mhsbasketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:15 AM   #12
Nowitzki41MFFL

Damp played well in the first half I thought.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:39 AM   #13
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Dirk shouldnt play in the pre-season at all
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 10:20 AM   #14
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

First half I thought Ebi was terrible. Then 2nd half he actually did something. There were flashes, but overall not too impressed. I wish Pops would've got more time.

Considering Damp only played the first half, that's fair statement. But Damp has looked good both games so far. I just hope he isn't doing this to get his starting job back, then get back to his old habits.

Resting Dirk is fine. But he needs to get out there for a couple of games. Shake the rust off and get his game legs ready. He doesn't like sitting out if he doesn't have to.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: