Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 10-12-2006, 05:41 AM   #1
Weezer
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Weezer has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs up Ersan Ilyasova

what do you think about Ersan? do you think will he be a star in the future in NBA?

this kid's been Youth European Championship MVP and second in 'Best Young Player Award' in World Championship in Japan (with over 3 million votes - and guess who's first? a chinese!!) this summer.he is the best at his age in the world.and he also had been MVP in Albert Schwarzer Tournament , too..

his playing-style is a mixture of Dirk and AK47.he is a perfect shooter (his shooting style is very much alike with Dirk) and shot blocker (alsa a good defender).he shot three pointers over %40 (in both tournament) , and he made 3 three point field goalds per game (in youth championship).in World Championship this summer , he made efforts like 3 block in Argentina match , 2 blocks in Lithuania and a block in Australia (i'm not sure which match that was - but i'm sure that was a group match).he averaged 2+ steals a game in World Championship and scored 17 points against Australia (there was a star in that match from Bucks , but that wasn't Bogut!).and in youth championship he averaged 17 points , 8 rebounds , 1+ block and 2+ steals..he is an ideal SF , i think.

he had suffered 2 important injuries and underwent surgery twice.if he hadn't , he would done lottery! (he was always in first 10 in all mock draft websites in previous year's draft)

What about your thoughts?
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:27 PM   #2
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

From the little I've seen, it seems like he has nice potential to be a good 6th man for us in the future. He doesn't quite seem NBA ready yet, but hopefully I'll be proven wrong on that. How old is he really?
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 05:44 PM   #3
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

i think hes 19. and hes not the best player int he world at his age. he does have nice potential though and I think he could be more than a 6th man one day.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:49 PM   #4
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

final.wrath, I've heard that he's either 19 or 22, depending on who you believe. Maybe it doesn't matter that much, but if he's 19, he's one of the best 19 year olds in the world. If he's 22 though, he's nothing special for his age. Either way he has a future with the team, but I wish I knew for certain what his real age is.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:34 PM   #5
final.wrath
Banned

i KNOW hes not 22. hes 19 or just turned 20. i know that from playing basketball video games... he turned into a beast for me in nba 2k6 but in 2k7 I havent used him.

that said, he's probably not even in the top 5 of the best 19 year olds. did he even play last year?
Old 10-13-2006, 07:28 AM   #6
adamcz
Bucks fan

You know his real age because of video games??? How can you tell if somebody is lying about their age by playing a video game?

He didn't play in the NBA last year, but he played reasonably well in the D-League, and he lit it up in the WC's. He carried Turkey a lot further than people thought he would, and for that I feel comfortable calling him one of the best 19 year olds (if that is indeed his age). How many college players could carry a team in the world championships?
Old 10-13-2006, 03:50 PM   #7
Weezer

Default Ersan Ilyasova

i'm from Turkey and i met people who's been friends since Ersan was born.in Turkey , there are lots of people that have abroad origins.Ersan's situation is like that.her mother is from Uzbezkistan but he is from Eskisehir,Turkey and he really is 19.

also (to final.wrath) , all scouts who had watched him says that he probably is the best.he is better than Nemandrov or other kids.i think NCAA kids couldnt even be in that list.Turkey Youth team has managed to play 4 final game in last 4 tournaments and in all of them Ersan was the star of the team.and he got 2 MVPs in youth tournaments also as i said before he got over 3 million votes but couldn't pass the chinese kid.you can imagine why..
Old 10-13-2006, 04:15 PM   #8
adamcz
Bucks fan

Weezer if you're from Turkey, you probably know a lot of things about Ersan and his national team that the rest of us don't know. I hope you stick around this message board, and keep us updated.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:49 PM   #9
Weezer

of course , i'll be really pleased.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:41 AM   #10
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
You know his real age because of video games??? How can you tell if somebody is lying about their age by playing a video game?

He didn't play in the NBA last year, but he played reasonably well in the D-League, and he lit it up in the WC's. He carried Turkey a lot further than people thought he would, and for that I feel comfortable calling him one of the best 19 year olds (if that is indeed his age). How many college players could carry a team in the world championships?

well the video game companies get their info from the nba. how could he lie about his age? doesnt the nba confirm the validity of your birh certificate when you enter the draft? either way, hes not a top 5 player for his age and probably not even a top 10. if you're a top young player you make the main roster. even if you only ride the bench you don't go to the d-league. im not saying he wont progress but hes not a top young player right now.

5 better teen players:

Greg Oden
OJ Mayo
Kevin Durant
Andrew Bynum
Thaddeous Young

now i would have no problem saying he is the best turkish 19 year old. wasn't it mehmet okur carrying the turkish national team or did he not play?
Old 10-14-2006, 04:32 AM   #11
magick138
I Hit Open Layups

magick138 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
well the video game companies get their info from the nba. how could he lie about his age? doesnt the nba confirm the validity of your birh certificate when you enter the draft? either way, hes not a top 5 player for his age and probably not even a top 10. if you're a top young player you make the main roster. even if you only ride the bench you don't go to the d-league. im not saying he wont progress but hes not a top young player right now.

5 better teen players:

Greg Oden
OJ Mayo
Kevin Durant
Andrew Bynum
Thaddeous Young

now i would have no problem saying he is the best turkish 19 year old. wasn't it mehmet okur carrying the turkish national team or did he not play?

no okur and no hedo for national team and i am from turkey 2 and weezer can't know ilyasovas real age no 1 from turkey can know about his age and no1 can be a friend from his birth
he has a strange life ulker were one of the two best team in turkey find ilyasova at uzbekistan as a potential star or for his height no 1 knows he never played basketball and he come to turkey when he were 16 and create a turkish passport for him. When he were playing for ulker for reserve teams everyteam has a objection for his age i dont know he is now 19 or 20 or what but he really had a good potential he plays basketball for only 3 years and i think he ll be better but he cant driblle and no scoring inside he always tend to score from outside he should work hard i think he cant be a star he is much worse than hedo as i had watched him at 20s and maybe he can be a good 6th man maybe not he can comeback to europe i dont know we will see if he develop himself or not
magick138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 08:56 AM   #12
adamcz
Bucks fan

Last night Ersan put up 11 and 4 against the Bobcats. It's only preseason, but this is enough to show that he wouldn't be completely out of place on an NBA bench.

Magick, I can't argue whether he's as good as Oden, Mayo, Durant and them, because I haven't seen them play a full game. I've only seen highlights and all star games. Except for Oden, I don't know what kind of defense they play, what kind of decisions they make, etc.

However, it's completely laughable that you suggest that Ersan playing in the D-League makes him worse than them. The D-League is superior to high school competition in every imaginable way. It's not the NBA, but it's a man's league even more than the NCAA is. Ersan has proven that he can compete in a league like this (not to mention against NBA stars in international competition), and the high schoolers haven't.

To say that Bynum has shown more than Ersan is fishy too. Other than the one dunk against Shaq, what has he done in the NBA that justifies him being placed above a guy who carried a national team? Seriously, his stats were 1.6 points and 1.7 rebounds a game, and the Lakers only gave him two minutes in their entire seven game playoff series against the Suns.

Ersan averaged 12.5 and 7 in the D-League, and showed last night that he can put up similar stats against an NBA team. I have a very hard time seeing how Bynum is ahead of him.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:05 PM   #13
final.wrath
Banned

dude if anyone mehemet okur would be carrying the turkish national team.

i didnt say that bynum has shown more, i said that hes better.

and good 19 year olds dont play in the d-league. for example, lebron james, dwight howard, kobe bryant, kevin garnett when they were 19 all were contributing signifigantly for their respective teams. even rashard lewis was coming off the bench at 19. if bynum played in the d-league he'd destroy. but he doesnt because he is more valuable to his team readily available off the bench.

so at best this guy is an above average prospect and at worst hes really 22, injury plagued, and a future role player.

another 19 year old whos better than him: Amir Johnson. He's on my home team, the pistons. When we were resting our starters last year he came out against your Milwaukee Bucks and scored 18 points all in the second half. He was 6/6 shooting against your STARTING line up. sheesh.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:34 AM   #14
Weezer

Quote:
another 19 year old whos better than him: Amir Johnson. He's on my home team, the pistons. When we were resting our starters last year he came out against your Milwaukee Bucks and scored 18 points all in the second half. He was 6/6 shooting against your STARTING line up. sheesh.

I can't beleive you! is Amir Jonson better than Ilyasova , huh? Haha , let me say you a thing but dont break up , you dont know a damn thing about this game! or say it like , you dont have any idea about reading potential.

Ask 100 people who really understand about NBA and player potential , 100 of them would say Ersan is way better than many of 19 year old young players.

(CJ Miles had 20+ , too.he is way better than Ersan , too.yes,yes)
Quote:

i didnt say that bynum has shown more, i said that hes better.

and good 19 year olds dont play in the d-league. for example, lebron james, dwight howard, kobe bryant, kevin garnett when they were 19 all were contributing signifigantly for their respective teams. even rashard lewis was coming off the bench at 19. if bynum played in the d-league he'd destroy. but he doesnt because he is more valuable to his team readily available off the bench.

so at best this guy is an above average prospect and at worst hes really 22, injury plagued, and a future role player.

It's all about sponsorship.LeBron or others you've counted have large contracts are much more in front of our damn TV eyes.Ersan is a young,talented hot prospect from a not well-known Turkey.of course , he couldnt see the interest that he and whole Turkey fans expect , but we all sure about his potential and what he can do (and cant do).

and all you mentioned upside are in their at least 2nd year (Lewis is much more--and you know how bad performed Lewis was , at his early career).but Ersan is in his 2nd year.so,you are talking too early about a player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fina.wrath
dude if anyone mehemet okur would be carrying the turkish national team.

ok ok you know everything about world.you are the best!

I SAY I AM FROM TURKEY AND THIS SUMMER ERSAN CARRIED THE TEAM AND GAINED THE SUCCESS , you say "no it was okur that carried"! God bless! okur wasnt even in the team this summer because of his injury! and 2 summers ago , he is the worst perfrmed player in the team.everybody criticised him (and Hedo.we,Turks dont like both of them)

Quote:
at worst hes really 22

yes,again you know everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magick138
he plays basketball for only 3 years

no , he's playing this game for 5 years.he started at 14.

www.batug.org/forum/index.php go ask MUYU , there.he is from Ulkerspor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magick138
he cant driblle and no scoring inside he always tend to score from outside

As Turkey general manager Harun Erdenay said after the tournament,Ersan has shown his %40 in this summer because of injury(that pleased performance was his %40 only!!).that explains why he tried outside.he had two serious injuries.i've watched Ersan so many times in youth teams and before injuries,Ersan was an inside player and playing this game 30-40 cms higher than other youngs.

(also this injury explains why he was the 59th in athleticism tests because he was known as a magnificent athlete before he had surgeries)

Quote:
5 better teen players:

Greg Oden
OJ Mayo
Kevin Durant
Andrew Bynum
Thaddeous Young

None of them can carry a national team at this age.

Last edited by Weezer : 10-15-2006 at 01:49 AM.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:13 AM   #15
final.wrath
Banned

sorry about thinking okur was leading turkey. i dont follow turkish basketball. i just asumed. my bad. what were ilyasovas numbers in the world championships? you're talking about last summer right? not the youth championships?

any one of the five players i named could probably carry the turkish national team. i mean... you have a good 6th man (turkoglu) and ilyasova as your stars. your team sucks. and besides, apparently ilyasova is from uzbekistan.

and I don't know what your talking about with this sponsorship nonsense. are you trying to say that ilyasova would be better if he had a shoe deal? are the americans somehow sabatoging his rising stardom by not reporting his d-league performences enough?

ilyasova is a good prospect but hes nothing to get overly excited about. i think you're being a little biased because hes from your home country. you're acting like he is andrea bargnani or something.

(edit by adamcz: I removed an off-topic comment that I thought would de-rail this thread)

Last edited by adamcz : 10-18-2006 at 03:59 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: