Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-18-2009, 08:35 AM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Grade your players this whole year

Well folks we usually do this every year during Mid-season and the end.

We won the championship so I am wondering what everyone has to say about how much they appreciate all the players.

This time we will not give letter grades, but Percentage grades.

Grading Scale
--------------------------
90-100% = A
80-89.9%= B
70-79.9%= C
60-69.9%= D
59.9%-0 = F

time to grade the players
-----------------------------------
Kobe Bryant
This man will go down as the second best basketball player to ever play the game and you can quote me on that. His leadership is up there, his maturity is up there, and he finally won as the main man. Props Kobe and even though I would question your character after what you did 2 summers ago, I still appreciate that you brought us another trophy.

Final score: 100%

Pau Gasol
The newly baptized "beast".
He shot an amazing 60% in the finals as a second option. Name anyone else who has done better? If you can name that person it would likely be a top 50 greatest. Thank you mitch for bringing this guy because without him, we don't win.

Final score: 99%

Derek Fisher

How can 2 made 3 pointers redeem one whole playoff run? Without those clutch, fearless shots, we probably wouldn't win. In this final grade, Fisher basically scored on the critical thinking questions that are worth more than any other question. He regressed a little but he still contributed in huge ways.

Final score: 87.7%

Trevor Ariza

He should have gotten consideration for the MIP award because on this laker championship squad, he is definitely OUR most improved. On the defense end he won us several playoff games, and on the offensive end he helped tire out Turkoglu by scoring huge in the last 2 finals game. If we don't keep this guy, winning the championship will be that much harder.

Final score: 89.9%

Lamar Odom

I couldn't be any more proud of this man right here. A true warrior among men. He finally figured out his role well enough to help us win it all and when he wasn't scoring, he was rebounding, defending, doing everything else. I hope we keep him.

Final score: 86.4%

Luke Walton

The man people either like a lot, or hate a lot. One of the most quiet contributors in a sense where he isn't appreciated much for what he brings. His defense has improved tremendously and his offense in the finals picked up when we needed him most. The problem is the consistency wasn't always there in some regular season games. Its great to see him get one though.

Final score: 78.7%

Andrew Bynum

I'm not going to lie because he did come off a very dissapointing season and thats not all his fault. He did get injured by someone else, for a second consecutive year. The truth is he averaged a double double before going down and played good defense. He played well when he came back in the end of the regular season too. As we all know, the game changes in the playoffs. However, he did play a huge part in shutting down Dwight Howard when it mattered most.

Final score 71.5%

Shannon Brown

Had he played any less, he would have gotten a N/C but he came in and contributed in this tough system especially when things weren't going well for Farmar or Fisher. I have to pass this guy generously because he showed no signs of giving up, laziness, or anything like that.

Final score: 75%

Jordan Farmar

The Fisher suspension may have been the turning point for him, because after that very good game he had, he showed no signs of struggling and was able to put himself back into the rotation successfully. Hopefully from now on he can remain positive and show that in his body language as well.

Final score: 77.5%

Sasha Vujacic

I hate having players with negative energy, and luckily sasha doesnt have that. His only problem is his inconsistency on offense. However he is one of the few players that doesn't let a bad offensive game affect how hard he plays at the other end of the floor. Still makes some stupid mistakes defensively, and that is why he will pass, but not with flying colors.

Final score: 65.3%

DJ Mbenga

I don't know why but I feel like he would put up some pretty good defensive numbers and highlights if he were to play more. He always does something good defensively even when he plays for only a minute. Thats why I have to give him a grade.

Final score: 77%

Josh Powell

What can I say? Not much really. He has had games where he looked like a trevor ariza caliber player, other games where he just wants to score and looks dumb trying to do so. Not fair to fail the new guy though.

Final score: 62%

Adam Morrison
N/C
Sun Yue
N/C
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 04:30 PM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Grade your players this whole year

bump...
Old 06-18-2009, 05:01 PM   #3
nbastatus
Doodle

nbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

kobe and gasol = A
the rest are B's and C's
sasha failed by the way!
nbastatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:13 PM   #4
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I always have such a hard time doing this type of thread justice. I tend to appreciate the "little things" too much and downplay the big performances.

Take Dereks season, I don't look at Fisher and say he didn't perform this season.

Did he have troubles gaurding smaller gaurds, yes.

Did he shoot at a below average rate this season? No, overall he didn't, he shot right where he has shot his entire career and dropped off in the playoffs.

Did he provide leadership? in spades.

Was he afraid of the moment? not in the least.

When the Lakers were down in Houston who put his body on the line and took out the biggest man on the floor to make the loudest statement?

In Denver who pulled the team to one side during a timeout and told the players this was the moment of truth, this is the time to make a stand.

Derek gets an A plus in my book, because he is Kobe's echo, he reafirms Kobe's will to win, He takes Phils teachings and gives them a visual performance on the floor for the team to follow. He is every player in the League, he is the ultimate role player, not a superstar gaurd, not a Zen Master, he showed the team that Kobe's will and Phils teachings work, that the things Kobe wants and the system Phil institutes apply to everyone wearing Purple and Gold and that everyone can make a difference.

Last edited by daily : 06-18-2009 at 05:17 PM.
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:09 PM   #5
Abraham Lincoln
Decent college freshman

Abraham Lincoln is considered somewhat coolAbraham Lincoln is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Kobe Bryant
This man will go down as the second best basketball player to ever play the game and you can quote me on that.

His best scenario be the 2nd tier, a step down from the top of thy pyramid. Here be the immortal wise men of the game, who's kindred creedence be prevalent amongst all.

Abraham Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:13 PM   #6
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
His best scenario be the 2nd tier, a step down from the top of thy pyramid. Here be the immortal wise men of the game, who's kindred creedence be prevalent amongst all.

Oh you f*cking troll get out of the Lakers forum. Go back to the church of Wilt.
D-Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:35 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln

Sorry, don't agree.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:17 PM   #8
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool
Cool Re: Grade your players this whole year

Kobe Bryant= A Don't like his shot selection at times!! Relies on calls too much!! Can win or lose the game on his on!! Amazing!! lol

Pau Gasol=B IMO Finals-Bynum being on the team!! Gasol took complete advantage!! And he maybe be soft but does have skills!

Derek Fisher= B+ A true vet!! Took a beating but was standing strong at the end!!!

Trevor Ariza=A This is a average player who fits perfectly on this squad!! I love D'!!

Lamar Odom=A The only reason I ever wanted to trade him is the fear of losing him to save money!! He stepped up!!

Luke Walton=C We didn't really need him!! But did love the extra D he put on!! I wish for trade, just because I feel he can develop better some where else!!

Andrew Bynum=D It was hard to watch!! Seemed he was only focus on D got some B.S. foul calls wasn't rebounding!! But great game 7 against Houston when it counted the most!! Play good D against Dwight and Fouled instead of giving easy buckets to him!! Like if Phil gave him on assignment out to fulfill and nothing else matter!! Rebound Gasol and Odom ruled!! IMO If Bynum was not playing those few minutes Howard may have broke out and fired the team up!! And Gasol would have had Foul problems and been completely dominated by Howard!!IMO

Shannon Brown=C For the whole year hmmmm!! Ahhh plays good D at times still ?????? to me

Jordan Farmar=C This guy can play!! He played best with Bynum!! But when he went down!! kind of lost his game!

Sasha Vujacic=F No comment!!!!!!!!

DJ Mbenga=D Don't care much!!!
Josh Powell=D Same as DJ!!

I still feel trading for Shaq contract now is a good option for the Laker's!!! Adam Morrison Walton Sasha + throw in player draft pics cash!!

Upside
Shaq has a 20 mil expiring contract
We shed some players we don't need
we get to keep Odom and Ariza
We have room for rookie/FA
Media would eat up Kobe/Shaq
The amount of money the Laker's would profit from this
No rings for cavs next year
And we get a vet center
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:22 AM   #9
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Based solely on my expectations;
Kobe A++ The Man The Legend!!!!!!
Pau A+ Toughened up when it counted...needs to get even stronger.
Ariza A Improved just as he was asked, and still hustles every play

Bynum A? Why...he made it back for the playoffs & showed flashes of becoming a beast before he got injured.....with health and a dedicated attitude he'll be there again.

Odom B.....like a box of chocolates....haha, you never know what you're gonna get. I never trust improvement during a contract year....much less from a guy who has been unreliable for an entire career. If he comes back let's see if he plays like he did in the playoffs.

Shannon A+ Who knew the guy could play? I thought he'd get cut immediately after the deal was made

DFish B Really needs to come off the bench before it gets ugly, but is ultra clutch as always.....or grade would be a "D".

Walton C Aggrivated me by being a starter, thankfully he aggrivated himself by being a starter and pulled the plug....so moved from "F" to "C". he had some very good moments in the playoffs.....he needs to work hard.

Powell B Other than being confused over lack of playing time in the playoffs behind Walton...WTF....had a good season.

Mbenga B will have a breakthrough season next year if allowed playing time, he has been working extremely hard, improving and growing confidence.

Farmar & Sasha I thought one of these guys would press DFish for the starting spot......WOW

Morrison "A" rides the bench like a champion cowboy.....let's hope he doesn't pull a Luke, kiss up to Phil and become a starter for half the season
Thanks to him we were able to dump Vlad.

Sun Yue
Where would he be picked if we could stick him into the NBA draft right now???.......and it's a very bad draft.
Missed his opportunity to pull a Mark Madsen by dancing and giving a shout out to all the Chinese Lakers Fans
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: